Community Forum

Foaling Discussion

JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Foaling Discussion

Post by JillJessie1997 »

So as I get ready to log off for a bit I decided to open up this topic....figured it would make for an interesting chat ;)

||EC|| Prolonged Arrival aka Providence

I sold the mom of this filly freshly turned mare, but I bred her mom in Summer Year 24 and she FINALLY foaled in Summer Year 26. Yes, TWO fri-ggin years!! That's the longest any of my horses have EVER took to foal and I thought she would never come!! Heck, I was getting ready to report it as a bug. That's where the mare got her name from! (I had a different name in mind but I didn't think the moderators on here would appreciate cuss words so I decided on a more...polite name :D )

Alright, I'm off for a while. What's the longest it took YOUR own horses to foal? Can't wait to see the replies (if this gets any! :lol:)
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Foaling Discussion

Post by BlackOak2 »

13.5 months.
Plus I had a couple foal right at 11 months, but they're few and far between.

I had a mare that I swear didn't drop until 14 months, but I'm sure I didn't right down the breeding age right. Left the 2 weeks up, or didn't put it in.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Re: Foaling Discussion

Post by JillJessie1997 »

BlackOak2 wrote:13.5 months.
Plus I had a couple foal right at 11 months, but they're few and far between.

I had a mare that I swear didn't drop until 14 months, but I'm sure I didn't right down the breeding age right. Left the 2 weeks up, or didn't put it in.
I've found that my horses will drop at 11 months every time if I breed them on the first day of a new season. Any later than that, even 1 day late, say 2 days into the season...I'm waiting 11.5-13 months. But I use my turns religiously now that I stopped worrying about training (I'll do that for the next project) so the time passes quick.

I ALWAYS document the season I breed each horse in their notes. That's how I know that Providence's mom was pregnant with her for 2 flipping years :D Man, that one actually had me cussing at my computer....:lol:
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:29 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:29 pm