Community Forum

So does anybody else....?

JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

So does anybody else....?

Post by JillJessie1997 »

....Get overwhelmed by the number of horses they have on their farm?

Because I do. The # of horses I own, have bred and keep breeding gets hard to track sometimes. Heck, I can forget what horses I'm tending to while I'm tending to them :lol:

Not to mention it just gets tedious to decide what to sell or to keep for each program.
It helps now that I'm not shy at all when it comes to culling garbage. But when I breed 3 five gold stallions as well as 2 six stat colts (2nd one was just born)...it just gets overwhelming.

Then I have my Belgian project and I got a couple of horses that I'm like uber attached to but sell on because the only reason they're kept around is to keep the COI low and breed back to pure. Their offspring has the color so they are kept.

Heck I'm rambling right now, not making any sense to myself :roll:
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: So does anybody else....?

Post by Xant’hippe »

I'm in the Western Hemisphere, it's late at night, and a little rambling is good sometimes :? 8-) .

I have a similar problem and should probably triage more. But they're a ... rare breed / cute / talented / cute / progeny of a previously successful, respected show or race horse (mine or someone else's) / cute / unusual color / some other attribute. :roll:

Probably it's a good thing there are limits on how many horses we can accumulate -- and the computer will actually prevent excessive purchases or breedings.

:idea: BTW, would you be interested in a really adorable foal? He's tiny but talented, a good In-Hand Jumping prospect ... :mrgreen:
vallers
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Xant’hippe wrote:I'm in the Western Hemisphere, it's late at night, and a little rambling is good sometimes :? 8-) .

I have a similar problem and should probably triage more. But they're a ... rare breed / cute / talented / cute / progeny of a previously successful, respected show or race horse (mine or someone else's) / cute / unusual color / some other attribute. :roll:

Probably it's a good thing there are limits on how many horses we can accumulate -- and the computer will actually prevent excessive purchases or breedings.

:idea: BTW, would you be interested in a really adorable foal? He's tiny but talented, a good In-Hand Jumping prospect ... :mrgreen:

If they aren't interested in the foal, I may be interested.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Xant’hippe wrote:I'm in the Western Hemisphere, it's late at night, and a little rambling is good sometimes :? 8-) .

I'm in the same hemisphere myself. I think I went to bed around 3 a.m. :lol:

I honestly find a purpose for horses that don't serve a purpose specifically for me....I sell them. :mrgreen: But I know what you mean by them being cute / talented / unusually colored xD

I might be. It depends on the foal himself :P
texí
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by texí »

JillJessie1997 wrote:....Get overwhelmed by the number of horses they have on their farm?

Because I do. The # of horses I own, have bred and keep breeding gets hard to track sometimes. Heck, I can forget what horses I'm tending to while I'm tending to them :lol:

Not to mention it just gets tedious to decide what to sell or to keep for each program.
It helps now that I'm not shy at all when it comes to culling garbage. But when I breed 3 five gold stallions as well as 2 six stat colts (2nd one was just born)...it just gets overwhelming.

Then I have my Belgian project and I got a couple of horses that I'm like uber attached to but sell on because the only reason they're kept around is to keep the COI low and breed back to pure. Their offspring has the color so they are kept.

Heck I'm rambling right now, not making any sense to myself :roll:
Totally, that's why I have my pastures named and I write the HGP, stats and other stuff to every horse :D
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

Thanks for the kind words. Actually there are two colts:
---------------------------------------------------------
:arrow: Solar Eclipse
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/839833

Tiny, golden, talented -- a little shy on Strength if you're looking for an In-Hand Jumping competitor. This kind of crossbred with high Agility, Intelligence, and Stamina makes an effective outcross with Shetlands.

:arrow: Bold Antelope
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/839828

Here's an example of a good IHJ prospect: His ancestry includes Shetland Pony, small Thoroughbred, and small Arabian.
Both of these youngsters are in training for the moment. They are too good to neglect or rehome. Please contact me (PM or this thread) if you're interested in young IHJ possibilities, I literally have two dozen of them!

And of course I can't stop myself from looking at other people's horses, either. So I know JillJessie1997 has some fine Arabians and I was tempted by the handsome young stallions in the Sales pasture ... then I had to remind myself, I have two pretty good Arabian males already!

Good luck and best wishes to all, :D
Xant'hippe
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Xant’hippe wrote:Thanks for the kind words. Actually there are two colts:
:arrow: Solar Eclipse
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/839833

Tiny, golden, talented -- a little shy on Strength if you're looking for an In-Hand Jumping competitor. This kind of crossbred with high Agility, Intelligence, and Stamina makes an effective outcross with Shetlands.

:arrow: Bold Antelope
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/839828

Here's an example of a good IHJ prospect: His ancestry includes Shetland Pony, small Thoroughbred, and small Arabian.
Both of these youngsters are in training for the moment. They are too good to neglect or rehome. Please contact me (PM or this thread) if you're interested in young IHJ possibilities, I literally have two dozen of them!

And of course I can't stop myself from looking at other people's horses, either. So I know JillJessie1997 has some fine Arabians and I was tempted by the handsome young stallions in the Sales pasture ... then I had to remind myself, I have two pretty good Arabian males already!

Good luck and best wishes to all, :D
Xant'hippe
Hm, pretty good foals you linked there. I'll have to think about your offer. :D

And thank you for the compliments on my Arabians! I just love them :D
I also know what you mean by having to remind yourself :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 12, 2024 3:59 pm

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:59 pm