Community Forum

Kentucky Derby?

Element
Visit My Farm

Kentucky Derby?

Post by Element »

Anyone else going to watch the Kentucky Derby at home?
ExRaceHorseChamp
Visit My Farm

Re: Kentucky Derby?

Post by ExRaceHorseChamp »

s-soverton wrote:Anyone else going to watch the Kentucky Derby at home?
Wait i thought they did it the other way around this year due to covid with the Belmont being first than the Preakness & than the Kentucky?,cuz Tiz the Law already won the Belmont on June 2020 ,but than why is the Kentucky first & than Preakness? :shock: ,i saw it was Belmont ,than Preakness , & than Kentucky , why is it now Belmont , Kentucky , & than Preakness? also i'm votes on Tiz the Law all the way for the win for this year Triple Crown.
Hazel
Visit My Farm

Post by Hazel »

ExRaceHorseChamp wrote:
Wait i thought they did it the other way around this year due to covid with the Belmont being first than the Preakness & than the Kentucky?,cuz Tiz the Law already won the Belmont on June 2020 ,but than why is the Kentucky first & than Preakness? :shock: ,i saw it was Belmont ,than Preakness , & than Kentucky , why is it now Belmont , Kentucky , & than Preakness? also i'm votes on Tiz the Law all the way for the win for this year Triple Crown.
Cos all the triple crown races are held by the racing associations from the different states, I think the scheduling just worked out that way. The important bit was that there's enough time in between each race for the horse to recover and move to the next track.

It's so exciting to see a New York horse win! Tiz the Law also won the Travers, which is like the unofficial fourth triple crown race lol. New York State is having Tiz the Law fever, my local ice cream place even has a flavor named after him. xD
Element
Visit My Farm

Post by Element »

Hazel wrote:
ExRaceHorseChamp wrote:
Cos all the triple crown races are held by the racing associations from the different states, I think the scheduling just worked out that way. The important bit was that there's enough time in between each race for the horse to recover and move to the next track.

It's so exciting to see a New York horse win! Tiz the Law also won the Travers, which is like the unofficial fourth triple crown race lol. New York State is having Tiz the Law fever, my local ice cream place even has a flavor named after him. xD
I think its Belmont (which already happened), Kentucky Derby, then Preakness; because horse races bring large crowds of people together and i think they rescheduled it cause of covid? Also when i watched the belmont it was funny because they were saying how there are signs that say: 'Stop, Tiz the law" and "Wear a mask, tiz the law".
lol.
Em's Holding
Visit My Farm

Post by Em's Holding »

This year the order is:
Belmont
Kentucky Derby
Preakness Stakes

Due to COVID 19, the track was shortened.
I did watch it, Gamine a 3-year-old Thoroughbred broke the Acorn Stakes Record with a time of 1:32.55, and 3-year-old Tiz the Law won Belmont with a time of 2:00.95 and (According to the announcer)
"The first NY horse to win a NY race since 1892"
If Tiz the law does win Triple Crown it won't be an official win in the book. Im excited to see who wins the Kentucky Derby on Saturday.
Element
Visit My Farm

Post by Element »

RodeoGal807 wrote:
This year the order is:
Belmont
Kentucky Derby
Preakness Stakes

I did watch it, Gamine a 3-year-old Thoroughbred broke the Acorn Stakes Record with a time of 1:32.55, and 3-year-old Tiz the Law won Belmont with a time of 2:00.95 and (According to the announcer)
If Tiz the law does win Triple Crown it won't be an official win in the book. Im excited to see who wins the Kentucky Derby on Saturday.
Yup I heard gamine broke the record.. I think she beat all the horses in that race by 12 lengths??
Its interested to know that if Tiz the Law wins it wont be a official win in the book, thank you :)
Hazel
Visit My Farm

Post by Hazel »

s-soverton wrote:
RodeoGal807 wrote: This year the order is:
Belmont
Kentucky Derby
Preakness Stakes

Yup I heard gamine broke the record.. I think she beat all the horses in that race by 12 lengths??
Its interested to know that if Tiz the Law wins it wont be a official win in the book, thank you :)
I don't think a Triple Crown this year wouldn't be official. It'll certainly have an asterisk next to it, but given that there have been disruptions to the schedule before (1945 - due to the war, I believe the KY derby was moved by a month). Also, if Tiz the Law gets all three races, he'll also become only the second Triple Crown winner to have a Grand Slam with the Travers Stakes. (Only Whirlaway won the Triple Crown plus Travers, and only American Pharoah won the Triple Crown plus Breeder's Cup Classic).
Element
Visit My Farm

Post by Element »

Hazel wrote:
s-soverton wrote:
I don't think a Triple Crown this year wouldn't be official. It'll certainly have an asterisk next to it, but given that there have been disruptions to the schedule before (1945 - due to the war, I believe the KY derby was moved by a month). Also, if Tiz the Law gets all three races, he'll also become only the second Triple Crown winner to have a Grand Slam with the Travers Stakes. (Only Whirlaway won the Triple Crown plus Travers, and only American Pharoah won the Triple Crown plus Breeder's Cup Classic).
Tiz the Law didn't win :(
Twelve_Oaks
Visit My Farm

Post by Twelve_Oaks »

Would have been neat to have another triple crown winner... Tiz The Law is a great horse! :)
Element
Visit My Farm

Post by Element »

Twelve_Oaks wrote:Would have been neat to have another triple crown winner... Tiz The Law is a great horse! :)
yep! But I have to give the trainer of the winning horse Authentic some credit, because he also helped train Justify and American Pharaoh in years past :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm