Community Forum

Favorite Horse World Online Horses

countrycool
Visit My Farm

Re: Favorite Horse World Online Horses

Post by countrycool »

Love this guy, its taken me awhile to breed one like him, a sorrel quarter horse with great stats and a build I like. So I finally got that accomplished, and I also just bred some Quarter horses and got some black foals and that's been something ive been trying to do for awhile! :D :D :D :D

{CC} Cherry Tart

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

This is such a nice graying affect happening to this blanketed buckskin. His father grayed out in similar fashion.

Horse Now

Captured Image that attracted me
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

A beautiful combination of sooty and leopard complex. On a flaxen chestnut pangare with tiger eye.

broadzilla
Visit My Farm

Post by broadzilla »

BlackOak2 wrote:wow!
HOLY COW that is an amazing-looking horse! I've never seen sooty look that extreme before! I wonder if it passes down to the next generation just as strongly.

And my contribution today is this "pink" boy! Extreme pangare on chestnut dun (and flaxen?) apparently makes for pretty pastel horses.

Pinky
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

broadzilla wrote:...
We've had pseudo-blacks, so it doesn't surprise me. What I like is the combination of the leopard varnish that's making the sharper shadings INSIDE the sooty. It certainly is a great addition to add to this topic and not get lost too easily. 8-)

I'm unsure on that flaxen as well. I suspect if he grows out his feathers, we'll have an answer.

I like to call these ones, pseudo-creams! :lol:
Very Nice!
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Post by Gaagii »

Silverine wrote:Making a post here so that I can add interesting ponies to it later. :)

Browsing through old stud adds I found this very interesting boy:

You can't see the white on his mane anymore because it grew out and flopped over but I'm in the process of breeding him to some spiky-maned mares to see what happens. :)
BlackOak2 wrote:Gaagii appears to be looking for what Silverine and I have discussed in the past, the 'plume gene', appearing in prezwalskis in real life and other horses here on HWO.
More information for those unsure what this plume is, take a look at the first few pages of the favorites post:

About 'plume' horses in the game. I realize you likely haven't been breeding for it but have either of you noticed any particular combo that makes it? Or is it just random?

I am just wondering as I'd like to create a line of them. Thanks in advance.
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Gaagii wrote:
Silverine wrote:...

About 'plume' horses in the game. I realize you likely haven't been breeding for it but have either of you noticed any particular combo that makes it? Or is it just random?

I am just wondering as I'd like to create a line of them. Thanks in advance.
Finding them seem to be a lot easier then making them.
Old studs on the market have a much better chance of having the brilliant expressions.
I've found that arabians have a tendency to show the plume (but I've been working a lot with AC arabians lately, so that might just be the reason).
I have noticed that Mohawk manes are much easier to work with (for obvious reasons).
Prez and tarpans (AC stock) seem to do alright with revealing the plumes. And also when crossing over into belgians, it seems to reveal them sometimes.
I haven't worked enough with the other AC breeds to define them for this gene.

I also noticed that using creams makes this gene really stand out, much, MUCH more then working with solid colors.

But I think all of what I said, you probably already figured out.

I'm thinking that the AC NAB might be hiding something, however... I have no proof.

I think if you use the creams to help determine where your genes are along the plume line could be very beneficial. But double creams wouldn't help out (too light). You could try champagne, it could be just light enough to help define the plume without changing the color too much, i.e. lighter body, still dark mane and tail.
I don't think plume appears on chestnut... rather, I have no recollection of it interacting with chestnut, so the flaxen gene might be an overwrite.

I'll keep my eyes open for more plumes and let you know.

As a last note: They do appear to be genetically linked... Silverine may be able to define more about the genes involved, whether they can be enhanced, changed or otherwise.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Gorgeous expression of silver dapple, offering nice minimal and maximum dapples on different areas of the body.

BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Interesting graying expression on this red dun.
This particular expression did not start off with the classic 'Gray Goggles' before starting to fade the rest of the face.

As a newborn:

At 6 months:

As a yearling:

Now:

BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

A nice expression of a tail going gray before most of the body, on a bay.

Such a shame, this horse has been rehomed. I wonder if I did it this time??? :roll:
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 4:29 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:29 am