Community Forum

(Suggestion) If all the reasons for more than one accounts were possible in just one....

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Sarah_Stable
Visit My Farm

Re: (Suggestion) If all the reasons for more than one accounts were possible in just one....

Post by Sarah_Stable »

malishka33 wrote:Hello to the people working on this game!
Thank You SO much for creating such a wonderful horse game that is fun, affordable, addicting, creative, and much more!!

I want to share with you my ideas I have been thinking about.
Anyone else reading this, if you agree, like, or have some more creative ideas, please share with us!!

I was thinking, what if all the reasons for having more than one account in this game were made possible in just one account? That way no one would be in need of making more accounts whether allowed or not!
After all, I do not yet know of a game out there where more than one account is needed to play!

To name a few reasons why people make other account(s) - (Not that you dont know, but just to keep my thoughts organized):
- More horse capacity/space to own more horses
- Being able to freeze horses for future use, temporary holding, or other reasons
- Expanding project grounds
- and more....

I personally am very much for the idea of allowing more horses to be kept on a farm, and cant go withought being able to freeze some horses even temporarily!

But more horses means more space.
I know the idea of allowing more horses has already been mentioned before, so i would like to add to that idea by suggesting to make horse capacity unlimited? Now I'm not sure how it all works with creating this game and stuff and if thats even possible, but i do have some ideas I'm wondering if they are possible to add to the game...

Referring to horse capacity - Unlimited Horses - what if it will be determined off of how many pastures/barns are kept on the farm? And how many or what size, will determine how much land on the farm has been expanded? Meaning make land expansion a matter of paying more or possibly even skills to wait for? and of course buying the pastures/barns as it already is set.
Whether or not prices go up with every purchased barn/pasture or piece of space for the land, I dont know, ill leave that choice up to you guys.
I would like this idea better because many games ive played have it that way. I do think that the ground/land space is eventually limited at some far point, but I'm not sure myself. And it only sounds fair to be able to have as much horses as you have room for.

For Example:
If i buy 2 large pastures with capacity of 12 horses each and one small pasture with a capacity of 4 horses, I will be allowed to have only 28 horses total on my farm whether or not i choose to fill all pastures. (Same for barns)

Also, referring to freezing horses, what if you make it that only barns, or some other specific building for horses, are the only ones players can choose to "Lock" meaning whatever horses are inside wont age when the turns for the days are being done and all other horses on the farm outside these barns will age. As well as while the barn is on "Lock" mode, no horses can be brought into or out until that building is unlocked. But of course if there are pregnant mares inside, they can foal and that foal will be inside with them being counted as a space for a horse even if its still not born, just like it is already created for the current pastures/barns for space. And for Stallion breeding/studding to be possible for a stallion in a locked barn to be able to breed to mares outside the locked barn.

Now while you think about my suggestions, i would like to ask, probably on the behalf of many, PLEASE do not make this "Locking" ability for premium users only. Preferably not even a limited amount like, 4 pastures/barn only to be allowed for non premium accounts vs premium has unlimited amount. I just dont think that would be fair because after all, 2nd accounts aren't only allowed to premium users anyways and they get to freeze horses all they want. :P

Thank You for taking the time to read this! I would be greatly thankful to find out what you guys think about these ideas!!

Sorry if i mention something thats already been discussed before in suggestions, I probably didn't know. But it sure proves that specific ideas must be a good one since more than one people came up with it!! ;)
I really like all these suggestions.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Re: (Suggestion) If all the reasons for more than one accounts were possible in just one....

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Tom wrote:Turns are there to allow people to play at their own pace. If you want to play in real time you can do that with the current system. If you want to rush through a breeding program (relatively) quickly, you can do that too. The only reason turns are locked to a time limit is to help reduce server load. HWO is setup to allow you to play the way you want to play, I'm not going to tell you how to play. Want to breed perfect horses with realistic blood lines? You can do that. Want to breed horses for stats and don't care about anything else, you can do that too. Want to breed funny looking horses for a laugh? Go ahead! HWO is open for everyone!

We've been working on some new systems and changes to how things work behind the scenes as well, so maybe you'll see some changes sooner than you think. ;)
Yes, I agree. Play how you like. It is a very flexible game and better than any other breeding game out there. IMHO. Keep up the good work, Larissa and Tom. Thanks!!!
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

You're welcome. Here is a new player bonus that lets you have more horses: http://www.horseworldonline.net/store/bonuses
mora098
Visit My Farm

Post by mora098 »

Tom wrote:Turns are there to allow people to play at their own pace. If you want to play in real time you can do that with the current system. If you want to rush through a breeding program (relatively) quickly, you can do that too. The only reason turns are locked to a time limit is to help reduce server load. HWO is setup to allow you to play the way you want to play, I'm not going to tell you how to play. Want to breed perfect horses with realistic blood lines? You can do that. Want to breed horses for stats and don't care about anything else, you can do that too. Want to breed funny looking horses for a laugh? Go ahead! HWO is open for everyone!

We've been working on some new systems and changes to how things work behind the scenes as well, so maybe you'll see some changes sooner than you think. ;)
I think the way you and Larissa made the game really allows you to make your own choices and go at your own pace! Love it, great work :)
Geidim O'in
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Geidim O'in »

flrancho wrote: Well, everyone has their own things they like and how they want to play. I only take one turn per rl day because I don't like the turns system. (for this reason I will likely never upgrade since extra turns don't mean anything to me and I feel the only benefit I would get is seeing conformation stats and I don't think that alone is worth the price) The turns system feels too rushed for me, and as already stated I don't like timing out on training and having horses I still need to work, but then I have to age everybody (which is why I'm making my second account a training account and my main is a breeding, training, and competing account.). I've never had issues with patience in breeding projects, but hey, I'm also the person that plays a horse racing sim that runs in real time and love it (ie one game year equals one rl year). And yes, I do understand the hard work of solo projects, etc. By and large I don't like the way the vast majority of players here breed their horses (no real life registerable Thoroughbred is going to be 20 hh and be silver roan spotted blanket with blue eyes). Yeah, I understand its a game and people can breed how they want, but literally everyone breeds horses against breed standard in nearly every breed. I want realisim…. a horse that is conformationally correct in the height and color that breed is supposed to come in, excelling in the sport that horse is supposed to compete in (no Clydesdales in racing competitions and winning against TB's and Arabians). Which means I work on my own solo project, running all the breeds used to create it myself, virtually using no outside blood because I don't want to contaminate my lines with heights/colors I don't want... which in the end will also probably force me to keep only one breed, especially using my side account because of the turns system. But despite of this, its how I want to play. If you all like the turns, great. I'm not a fan.
That's fine, there's a reason the other games stay afloat after all, people like that kinda system.

Personally, I'd be more open to the idea if there was something other than breeding to do that related to how your horses are (stats, conformation, breeder report) otherwise I don't see the point of a rl turn system right now.

As for the other players, I get not liking how they breed, it's why my herd is from a single lineage with no outside horses involved (even though they'd speed up my project), but I don't pay much attention to anyone that's not breeding for a competitive line and really only see the breed standard as an additional thing people can touch if they're into it. I also don't train many of my horses, usually limited to the top 2 being trained while the one I finished training does local comps. I like seeing how every generation improves on the next one, and find it slightly amusing when I put a horse in comps and it turns out to be reluctant to work for the first few years. That amusement would be gone instantly if I had to wait several days before that horse decided to stop being stubborn.

I guess what I'm saying is, to each their own, but I doubt the current player base would be happy with daily turns.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Tom wrote:'... HWO is setup to allow you to play the way you want to play, I'm not going to tell you how to play. Want to breed perfect horses with realistic blood lines? You can do that. Want to breed horses for stats and don't care about anything else, you can do that too. Want to breed funny looking horses for a laugh? Go ahead! HWO is open for everyone!'
This is precisely why I like this game; why the game has kept me entertained for more than the length of the tutorial (which was not in existence when I started playing this game, if I remember correctly, but never mind that.) Please don't ever limit the freedom this game allows.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 11:50 pm

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:50 pm