Community Forum

[Personal Logs of Dr.Saint and Dr.Remiel Regarding Their Experience at the SIE Organization]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
SIEOrganization
Visit My Farm

Re: [Personal Logs of Dr.Saint and Dr.Remiel Regarding Their Experience at the SIE Organization]

Post by SIEOrganization »

{Dr. Saint LOGS ON}

{Start of Log #10}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished a 5-page report on Dr. Remiel and mine’s findings of human DNA within the equines. It was mostly lip service mixed with enough technical-sounding words to get the point across in around 2,000 words. I honestly could’ve just given the report in less than 500 words, but they wanted it to be pages long. Bastards the █████████ are.

Our conclusive results with the samples were such; after #4 molted—its cornea slipped off like water, it was gross—its uncovered pupils appeared to be shattered. This is either a form of polar cataracts, causing some type of polycoria, or the equines pupil margins (and perhaps its retina) are deformed in a way that relates to its abnormal biology. This ties into the fact that the experiments are “equine” in appearance though not nature nor genetic structure.

Shortly after #4 awakened from unconsciousness when we took a biopsy and several samples, its neck began to cramp up. The splenius and cervical portion its trapezius muscles seized in wave patterns, intermittent with #4 appearing to choke on something. I was going to press the button that released the halothane gas, but Dr. Remiel said not to. To instead observe the procedure. We watched for almost 2 minutes, waiting for anything to happen. Even Ellery stopped their research with triple point matter and plutonium and how it would affect the server systems and firewalls (..somehow? I have no clue on how those things correlate with technology but-) to come and watch over my shoulder on the screens.

#4 was situated away from the other equines, it had been dropped off closer to the reinforced gates than near them to give it time to wake up further and not be bombarded by the other experiments. So imagine even Dr. Remiel’s surprise when it began to vomit. The equine began to throw up something. Horses do not regurgitate things, their throat muscles are too strong to loosen enough to do so, even with backward pressure from the stomach. But, this is a Turkmene “equine,” so clearly it will not follow normal, regular horse anatomy.

By this point its throat was bulging like it was distended and enlarged, Dr. Remiel and I, and Ellery, could see peeks of #4’s second set of jaws coming through. The process of what happened afterward was visceral. Long story short, it threw up its pharyngeal jaws. #4 had completely dislodged its second set of jaws—rigid cartilage and flexible, hollow bone that it was made out of—out of its strengthened esophagus.

It also seemed to have thrown up sediment. Dr. Remiel and I checked it out later when the equine ambled away with blood hanging in saliva strands from its torn-up mouth. It was a sand-like substance, and when we scanned and autopsied the pharyngeal jaws, we found out what it was. Solenopsin, something found in the venom of fire ants. The equines, or at least #4, have enough traces of solenopsin in them to form crystallized grain.

Ellery mentioned that for things to form crystals in a body, a commonly needed chemical compound is oxalate. Solenopsin does not have oxygen in its composition.

I need to check the samples, see what composes them. What formula do they have, if there are any anomalies shown, etc.

Outside of scientific stuff, with the experiments; Ellery and I finally managed to convince Dr. Remiel to go to a bar with us after work. It’s slow progress, but he’s closer to being back as he was before his reconditioning. It’s like we’re all becoming friends again, relearning habits and cues. It’s nice. He asked me what a yard of ale was and when I told him, he got this determined look on his face. Ellery laughed beside me as we watched him order one and collectively chug down all of it. I had to drive him to his house that night, turns out Ellery lives close by him in an apartment complex so they just walked home after we finagled Dr. Remiel into his bed.

He said me and Ellery could call him Valac outside of work.

It was a nice night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{End of Log #10}

{Dr. Saint LOGS OFF}
Last edited by SIEOrganization on Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIEOrganization
Visit My Farm

Re: [Personal Logs of Dr.Saint and Dr.Remiel Regarding Their Experience at the SIE Organization]

{Dr. Saint LOGS ON}

{Start of Log #11}

Going off of the last log, Dr. Remiel and I have finally figured out what’s up with the solenopsin grains in #4. We used the halothane gas to knock out the subjects and took #7 in for vivisection. It’s not like it was █████ or anything. I cut across from the top of the brachiocephalic tendon diagonally towards where the trapezius and the latissimus dorsi meet. I had Dr. Remiel hold it open by locking hemostatic clamps while I cut down the middle and stopped at the subclavius. We needed a large area to work with; so we decided making what amounted to a big “autopsy T” in the left side of #7’s neck would be best. That was just the superficial muscles though, only just below the skin.

For the deep muscles, I had to slice through the longissimus capitis all the way to the cervical rhomboideus. There was a lot of blood, we used so much gauze. So much. I had Ellery call in for more, and then I had to explain why we needed it, to the higher-ups. Colonel ██████ was a little angry with us. He is a frightening man. Very loud voice.

To make the second of that T-shape in the deeper set muscles of #7’s neck, I had to go across from the mid-area of the cervical intertransverse and around to the near front of the throat—the sternohyoid. After Dr. Remiel cleaned up the area, we were able to get to the esophagus and pharyngeal jaws. With Dr. Remiel doing most of the finagling, I was able to extract a large sample of the solenopsin off the teeth where the grains had gathered.

The formula for solenopsin is as follows; C17H35N. The process of crystalization doesn't change the chemical makeup of a compound. It does not add or subtract or alter anions or cations or anything of the sort. While looking at the second set of jaws we noticed an irregular portion of the jaw structure. Within a sort of small organ pocket, there seemed to be a channel of tubes that led to the front of the pharyngeal jaws’ teeth. Our current theory for how the solenopsin crystalized is that the tubes function as a type of transportation for the venom, which comes from the small organ within the jaws. And that somehow, during the transport, the venom crystalizes through a sort of supercooling and reformation process at high speeds.

Dr. Remiel suggested asking Ellery to recreate this hypothetical method with an inorganic structure. So, metal, plastic tubing, the works. We’d of course pay them for overtime—they’ve been busy with the ███████████ of the North Georgia Branch’s server. It had to go down temporarily to fix bugs, with ███████ and ██████ installed and ready to flood out in case of intruders. Ellery worked a lot over the weekend, props to them. They moved on from their notably odd ideas with triple point matter. Though with the plutonium stuff, I believe they’ve thought of something to do with making a physical trap for the computer servers themselves? Very confusing, but I’m not a technician so I don’t have room to talk.

We (Dr. Remiel, Ellery, and I) went out for drinks again. Due to the pandemic, there were only around 3 people (excluding the two bartenders) in the business itself. It was quiet, but Ellery got a bit loud in the establishment. They just can’t seem to hold their hard seltzer well; like 3 cans (the size of soda cans) and they’re drunk. It’s kinda funny. They ramble a lot, stuff about whitelisting a few friends and how we’re nice to them.

It’s been a stressful work week, but a relatively good weekend.

{End of Log #11}

{Dr. Saint LOGS OFF}
SIEOrganization
Visit My Farm

{Dr. Saint LOGS ON}

{Start of Log #12}

Ellery sent through a memo saying to not touch any packaging arriving from the New York Branch. Apparently, it’s going to hold the plutonium fuel rods, so no one can move it without the required equipment. Not like any of us are going to but, y’know, safety protocol and everything.

We’ve started to include somatostatin analogues in the specimens' diet; moving on from the dietary restrictions the facility had them on for a while now. Dr. Remiel mostly does the mixing with some kind of performance enhancement feed, and I’ve begun small tests on varying amounts of somatostatin used in their food. As a control group, #1 and #5 aren’t going to be eating any of the contaminated feed, they’ll be sticking to the starvation protocol, per procedure. I'm mostly curious if anything changes with them, depending on the altering levels of SSTR1-5 they end up eating.

Dr. Remiel contacted the ███████ and managed to get their hands on fenamic acid, somehow. They're going to dose up #4 just to see what happens; one of their current hypotheses is that it’ll decrease the seizing exhibited by #4, especially after molting. If it works, then that means when can use it on any of the other specimens that show signs of throwing up or molting, given the horror show that happened last time. At least we now know that the experiments have large amounts of beta-hydroxybutyrate in their bodies, so that kind of helps them out to recuperate and heal after we get biopsies and have to fix their organs.

Occasionally, the backup generators have been turning on, even though our main power hasn’t gone out in a long while. It’s been weird. Half the time I won’t even notice, but Ellery will come up from out of nowhere and mention a buzzing noise that’s irritating them, and Dr. Remiel and I will have them and a security guard go and check—and lo’ and behold, the generators are running!

I should go before Dr. Remiel manages to convince Ellery into a one-sided contest to annoy all other personnel here. Can’t have colleague-relations be awful, after all. We’re stuck in █████ ██ together.

{End of Log #12}

{Dr. Saint LOGS OFF}
SIEOrganization
Visit My Farm

{Dr. Remiel LOGS ON}

{Start of Log #13}

Ellery figured out why the generator is turning on at weird intervals, even when we don't have outages or brownouts. Turns out the private power grid and personnel we hire to upkeep it has it set to a schedule. It flicks on and then off at times to keep check with fluctuations in the grid—given that keeping it maintained and stable is somewhat difficult, with the fact that we’re organized as ███████. The Organization as a whole has had to keep or make ████ before with employees and contractors. It’s █████████ is quite strict.

With the generator debacle fixed or at least understood, Ellery said that they’d make notes about when it goes on and off, so if anything odd happens with that we can contact the grid supervisors right away. They also got their shipment of those fuel rods, and have sequestered them, thankfully, away from the rest of us. The I.T mentioned to Dr. Saint, as the most-high rank senior consistently in office, that there were a few things to look at wth the personal records that could be added to the whitelist. Ellery had already mentioned this to us once, so Dr. Saint told me that they said to the technician to take it up with Ellery.

Continuing on with a more noteworthy topic; the recent experiments with the Turkmene have gone well, for its first go around. We aren’t expecting much to happen until later dates with the slow rate of the tests, but so far everything has shown signs of progress. No matter what kind, progress is always ████████ and needed from us by the Organization.

The control group’s font color on ID # looks like this.
With the performance feed, to note, it is a steady ratio of 1-1 for the feed to somatostatin analog, with no additives.*

-

ID: #1, Feed: N/A, Somatostatin Analog: N/A, Symptoms: N/A

ID: #2, Feed: 50%, Somatostatin Analog: 10% SSTR1, Symptoms: Increased weight

ID: #3, Feed: 35%, Somatostatin Analog: 5% SSTR1, Symptoms: Increased weight

ID: #4, Feed: N/A, Somatostatin Analog: 45% SSTR2, Symptoms: Malnourished
Notes: *Fenamate injection meant to clear out blockages caused by molts. Results from blood tests show signs of hypercoagulability.

ID: #5, Feed: N/A, Somatostatin Analog: N/A, Symptoms: N/A

ID: #6, Feed: 25%, Somatostatin Analog: 15% SSTR3, Symptoms: Weight has not increased to a significant degree, slicker coat

ID: #7, Feed: 85%, Somatostatin Analog: 20% SSTR3, Symptoms: Increased weight

ID: #8, Feed: N/A, Somatostatin Analog: 90% SSTR3, Symptoms: Malnourished, slicker coat

ID: #9, Feed: 60%, Somatostatin Analog: 10% SSTR2, Symptoms: Weight has not increased to a significant degree

ID: #10, Feed: 15%, Somatostatin Analog: 25% SSTR2, Symptoms: Weight has not increased to a significant degree

ID: #11-0801, Feed: 30%, Somatostatin Analog: 3% SSTR4, Symptoms: Increased weight

ID: #12, Feed: 75%, Somatostatin Analog: 5% SSTR5, Symptoms: Increased weight, excess energy

{End of Log #13}

{Dr.Remiel LOGS OFF}
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 pm