Community Forum

【ℤA】Help with color? (Updated Sept 18)

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA】Help with color? (Updated Sept 18)

Post by Nazarach »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
Not always true, I have been breeding for non pangare in the adult form for my Silver Dapple Appaloosa line, but here is a dapple version of the Silver Classic Champagne

Horses Name

Compare the foal pictures, both are nearly the same. And mine has no pearl and is black based as dapples only appear on black horses (unless sooty dapple, which he doesn't have) because he is black and he isn't pearl.

I did think this was a double pearl for a very long time, as it is confusing. If you think about what silver does to black horses it changes the coat color of black based horses makes it yellowish when applied to the cream gene and apricot when pearl, it does make sense. Regardless of the pearl issue, there is no evidence of bay markings on him (or brown/chestnut base) as a foal, so that would leave him as black based.
It is confusing alright ^^' yeah he does look really similiar (and if it weren't for the dapples I definitly wouldn't have guessed he was black) and for the bay marking as if have repeatedly said, I thought he was a wild Bay with next no none black on his legs - and have this little black lightened and it would be fairly invisible. But when compared with your dappled one black does seem to be the case...
(so,
Ziel wrote:Ziel?
sorry for messing up, I have erred with statue it seems...)

And Baraduin, thanks for giving examples - I really couldn't imagine him to be black based <.<'
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA】Help with color? (Updated Sept 18)

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Nazarach wrote:
Baranduin Brewster wrote:
Not always true, I have been breeding for non pangare in the adult form for my Silver Dapple Appaloosa line, but here is a dapple version of the Silver Classic Champagne

Horses Name

Compare the foal pictures, both are nearly the same. And mine has no pearl and is black based as dapples only appear on black horses (unless sooty dapple, which he doesn't have) because he is black and he isn't pearl.

I did think this was a double pearl for a very long time, as it is confusing. If you think about what silver does to black horses it changes the coat color of black based horses makes it yellowish when applied to the cream gene and apricot when pearl, it does make sense. Regardless of the pearl issue, there is no evidence of bay markings on him (or brown/chestnut base) as a foal, so that would leave him as black based.
It is confusing alright ^^' yeah he does look really similiar (and if it weren't for the dapples I definitly wouldn't have guessed he was black) and for the bay marking as if have repeatedly said, I thought he was a wild Bay with next no none black on his legs - and have this little black lightened and it would be fairly invisible. But when compared with your dappled one black does seem to be the case...
(so,
Ziel wrote:Ziel?
sorry for messing up, I have erred with statue it seems...)

And Baraduin, thanks for giving examples - I really couldn't imagine him to be black based <.<'
Nps, I'm working on a guide for the colors as well, eventually I will get it done. Currently I'm collecting interesting colors morphs. :)
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 1:26 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:26 am