Community Forum

Closed :)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Horselover2323232
Visit My Farm

Re: {TM} Farm Log

Post by Horselover2323232 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Horselover2323232 wrote: Whatever you think is reasonable. I have 2 mares I want to cover.
I'm not the best with prices on HW.. 10k?
Sure. My two mares are almost ready to pop.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Horselover2323232 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
I'm not the best with prices on HW.. 10k?
Sure. My two mares are almost ready to pop.
He's up! :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

I'm making another post to organize my barrel horse project:

First of all, these are the ideals I'm shooting for in my barrel horses:

Gold Agility-55+
Gold Speed-40+
Green Strength-35+
Green Balance-30+

Horse type, light
Spirited temperment
Bring weight just to moderately fleshy for competitions
Best Agility Comments!!

Face profile- +8 agility
Face length- +8 agility
Jowl- +8 agility
Neck length- +12 agility
Withers- sloped
Point of shoulder- low
Rib cage- deep
Flank- shallow
Hip angle- sloped
Hip length- long
Leg thickness- thin
Stifle- +8 agility (more forwardly placed)
Back- +12 agility (slightly short)
Croup height- level (+10 or more agility)

Here is how I'm going to organize all these things on my horses' notes:

For their conformation stats, I'll only write down their agility, speed, strength, and balance (in that order).

After that I'll put their HGP and also whether agility, speed, strength, and balance are red, green, or gold.

Then I'll write down their agility comment and in parenthesis after it I'll write what number it is on the Breeder's Report Comments agility list. I may actually save room, forget writing the whole comment, and just put what number it is on the agility comments list.
(http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... nts#p27787)
For example: My horse has the comment "I've never seen such an agile horse!" That would be (#7)

At the bottom I'll write details of their conformation. A + will be beside the thing they rate ideal for, a / will be beside the thing they are getting close to ideal for (within 2; I would rate a +4 / if ideal was +6), and a - will be beside the thing they aren't even close to be ideal for.

For example:
My horse's face profile is only +2 agility and her jowl is thin so she's not even close to the ideal +7 agility, her stile is perfect, and her legs are pretty thin but not as thin as I'd like. I'd put this in her notes:
Face profile -
Jowl -
Stifle+
Legs /

I'll probably have to abbreviate things like face profile, face length, etc to have more room in my notes.
Abbreviation key:

Face Profile: fp
Face Length: fl
Jowl: j
Neck Length: nl
Withers: w
Point of Shoulder: pos
Rib cage: rc
Flank: f
Hip Angle: ha
Hip Length: hl
Leg Thickness: l
Stifle: s
Back: b
Croup Height: bd (for build)

Okay I think that's all :)
Last edited by h a z e l on Wed May 29, 2019 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

Belgians

I've ended my Belgian project since I got this guy:

He's everything I was working toward with my Belgians :) He's got the third best strength comment in the game, and he has 64 strength. Too bad he didn't take to log pulling like he was supposed to :oops: I also wanted him to have gold strength, but that's ok, I'm not complaining :)

Thoroughbreds

I've got two separate lines of Thoroughbreds going on right now. Well, one line technically isn't Thoroughbreds yet. I'm breeding TBs completely from scratch as I said before, and then I pulled some TBs that I bred months ago from my sides and crossed them with stallions from the market since I never originally started them completely with AC blood. I've gotten some nice foals so far, including:

My Thoroughbreds from scratch are going super slow. I'm still on the first step :oops: There are so many different types of breeds to work with, it is going to be a long and hard road :? But I'm up for it :)

Barrel Horses

They are coming along surprisingly well, all though I'm having a few problems here and there with getting the correct conformation. I also need to get their HGP up quite a bit and get better agility comments, but this project is still very new so I'm not expecting much yet :) I'm still happy with the progress I've had so far though!

He's got the highest agility conformation (47) of all the young barrel horses I have right now, and

he has the best agility comment.

Grinders

My grinders are coming along well. Thanks to Kamichi Stables, I now have a personal trainer so I have a lot more freedom to train more grinders :)

Sooty Horses

I struggled to get sooty dapples for like forever.. but then Baranduin_Brewster came along and kindly helped me to get sooty dapples in my lines :) I'll be forever grateful!
Examples:

I ideally want to cross these guys with my TBs to get sooty dapple Thoroughbreds! :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

I am super excited because I got this little guy today :D :

He's got 66 speed :twisted: and the third best speed comment! Unfortunately, he's out of my 65 speed mare, Vitesse Folle, who isn't the best competitor. Flash's two older brothers who are competing have taken after her so that's probably how he'll turn out :( I'm still happy to have bred a 66 speed Thoroughbred though :D

I also want to put this guy here:

My first competitor from my scratch barrel horse line :) I'm so proud of him! His HGP and stats may not be that high, but he has the 8th best agility comment (only two generations from the Adoption Center) and decent barrel horse conformation.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

Since I'm breeding the East Bulgarian for Gaagii's contest, I need to get started on that now :) So I'm making a post to organize things and map out how I'm going to do this!

First off, here is the breed recipe: Thoroughbred x [Arabian x Anglo-Arabian]

After some personal debate, I decided to use my {TM} Thoroughbreds that I am breeding now (not the completely from scratch line). I also decided to avoid Arabians from the market and use only Adoption Center Arabians.

Step 1: Breed Arabian x Thoroughbred crosses
Step 2: Breed Anglo-Arabians
Step 3: Breed Arabian x Anglo-Arabian crosses
Step 4: Breed East Bulgarians :)

This will be relatively easy with the use of my Thoroughbreds that are already high in genetic potential and stats :) Adoption center Arabians will take a little while to get their build a little heavier, but I'm up for the challenge :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

New Project!
I've started on a new line of American Warmbloods :) They will be bred specifically for dressage. I started out with these two mares bred by MerrySmile:

Neither of them have the best confos or breeder's comments for dressage, but that's ok :) This is more of a fun project, so I'm not going to be worrying about breeding from scratch or anything like that :)
I'll be using this stud from the market the most because he has the highest movement conformation (and he's unrelated to my mares):

I may also cross my mares with other stallions that aren't American Warmbloods but that have great movement comments and confo, and then breed back to purebred. We'll see :)

East Bulgarians
I have two fillies that evaluate 4* in the Anglo-Arabian book:

I just need to work on getting more TB x Arabian crosses as well as purebred Thoroughbreds and Arabians that evaluate well in the East Bulgarian book!

<TM> Thoroughbreds
I've decided to use this new brand, <TM>, for my entirely-from-scratch TB line. As usual, this project is going very slowly. Just got my first Tarpan x Przewalski Horse cross that is 5* in the Mongolian book:

Of course, he is pony type, so that is going to be a bit of an issue when I go to create Sorraias :oops:
I have a ton of West African Barbs now, but most of them are too light for the Sorraia, Carthusian, and Andalusian books :?

{TM} Thoroughbreds
Flash is now a Triple Champion in racing, steeplechasing, and harness racing:

I'll probably be entering him in the last two legs of the Triple Crown but I'm undecided because his only two starts in level 10 competition he finished off the board and has had some trouble getting back on his feet since :? He's still the best horse on my farm as of now though.
Here are a couple more of my favorites:

|TM| Barrel Horse Project
I have a new brand for my scratch barrel horse as well: |TM|
Thanks to some not-so-great mares and not too many studs, my barrel horse project hit a plateau recently, but things are starting to pick up again :)
I'm working on getting their conformation the best I can first, and then I'm going to start breeding for agility comments :)
Right now I'm struggling most with getting correct hip angles and stifles, but I'm enjoying this project despite the problems I've been having :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

|TM| Barrel Horses

I had actually transferred all my stallions to my side and was sending over mares when I got this surprise today:

Sandyleigh79 says she's never seen agility that high before! Guess I got lucky :lol:
Taught me to never consider giving up on a project!

{TM} Thoroughbreds

This project is on hold because I can't afford a ton of expensive stud fees right now... :?
However, this guy became my first Thoroughbred to break the 2 minute mark in a race!

Here is the race he ran in 1:59.94:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... dition=921
This guy:

was also a pleasant surprise; I wasn't expecting much from him considering his green stamina and only 60 speed, but he ran a 2:00.53 in a level 10 local show (fairly close to Flash's fastest time), and he has hit the board in all 15 of his starts so far. I think he's gorgeous too :)

{TM} Grinders

This project is also on hold at the moment. Will be starting up again soon hopefully :)

<TM> Thoroughbreds

I finished Step 1 and Step 7, and I'm currently working on Steps 2 and 3. My crosses for Mongolians refuse to produce Mongolians, and I'm only creating [Tarpan x West African Barb] crosses, because I'm waiting on creating Mongolians before I can try for Sorraias.
I'm most proud of my Exmoor Ponies, I was able to create horse type ones to make it easier to get horse type Galloways and then ultimately TBs down the road.

{TM} American Warmbloods

The best movement comment I've got
and

The best movement conformation I've got.

I've been crossing my purebred mares with nice movement studs from other players to bring up movement confos and comments. Then I'll eventually breed back to pure :)

{TM} East Bulgarians

I've got a couple Anglo-Arabians now:

Unfortunately, all of them are too light everywhere in build to qualify for the East Bulgarian book. So, right now I'm working on heavier Thoroughbreds and Arabians to cross with my light Anglo-Arabians to hopefully get some East Bulgarians :)
I'm not entirely sure if I'll keep my East Bulgarians after the contest or not... we'll see :)
Royale
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale »

Hope you dont mind me posting on here! :)

Just wanted to say that your farm log is an interesting study - especially your thread on TB's from scratch.

I too, am trying to create TB's from scratch, but only as part of my end goal, the Australian Brumby. Looks like we are about on the same stage......The section you wrote about Mongolians - I know the trouble all too well! :)

Thankfully, with a whole lot of help from BlackOak, I bred one Mongolian... then after that, I got heaps :) :) :)

I'm almost ready to move onto breeding Sorraias myself, but will certainly keep an eye on this thread to see how you're going!

All the very best with your project;
Royale
h a z e l 3
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l 3 »

Royale wrote:Hope you dont mind me posting on here! :)

Just wanted to say that your farm log is an interesting study - especially your thread on TB's from scratch.

I too, am trying to create TB's from scratch, but only as part of my end goal, the Australian Brumby. Looks like we are about on the same stage......The section you wrote about Mongolians - I know the trouble all too well! :)

Thankfully, with a whole lot of help from BlackOak, I bred one Mongolian... then after that, I got heaps :) :) :)

I'm almost ready to move onto breeding Sorraias myself, but will certainly keep an eye on this thread to see how you're going!

All the very best with your project;
Royale
Hi Royale,
No I don't mind at all :) Thank you very much for your kind comments!
That is really neat that you are creating Australian Brumbys! I wish you the best of luck with your project :)
I actually just happened to get two Mongolians the other day so I'm happy :D But it's a long, slow, hard road to TBs :) I hope you get your first Sorraias soon!
The best of luck to you as well,
Hazel
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 4:07 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:07 pm