Community Forum

Wichita's Beauty Contest! (300k Grand Prize)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Re: Wichita's Beauty Contest! (300k Grand Prize)

Post by Scythian »

READ! :)

Entry by Scythian / Xant’hippe: 3 stallions

bred and owned by Xant’hippe

World's Bliss, Lipizzaner

He is the second first-generation Lipizzaner I bred. Like most first-gens, he evaluates at 5/5 for his breed.

His dam, World +9, was a lovely Amber Champagne (Arabian x Frederiksborg). Over the last decade and more of her life—I bought her aged 18 and she lived to be past 30—I bred her many times, choosing the most likely mates from the (Andalusian x Spanish Barb) stallions available for public breeding, always hoping for a Lipizzaner foal. Results: far too many grades (failures), one Lipi filly, and Bliss.

My involvement with Lipizzaners greatly increased in the fall of 2018, when ramcminn sought a breeder to take over their herd. I'm pleased and honored that they accepted my offer. Since then, I've been focusing most of my efforts on Lipizzaners—and their successor breed, Shagya Arabian, and one of its successors, the Polish Arabian.

Bliss has matured into a handsome, well-built stallion, and I'm planning to breed him with some mcminn mares. He'll provide outcross value and coat color dilutions.

Why I think he should win: he is a member of an uncommon breed and he has good looks, a performance record, and a future as a patriarch.
---------------------------------
bred and owned by Xant’hippe

Fire Dance, (Thoroughbred x Anglo-Arab)

His dam is a buckskin Thoroughbred, ♛RWC♛Timid Whispers. She is also the mother of Winter Whispers, a first-generation Morgan (entered here in post #4 by HOrse haven). She was a very fortunate find, as was World +9. When I could not locate another (Arabian x Welsh Cob) stallion who was likely to sire another Morgan with her, I kept her on the inactive list for a while.

The ramcminn Lipizzaner herd I adopted includes several (Arabian x Lipizzaner) mares. Shagya Arabians are made by crossing (Arabian x Lipizzaner) with (Anglo-Arabian x Thoroughbred). Searches of the Stallions at Stud listings showed me several excellent Anglo-Arabians, but no (Anglo-Arabian x Thoroughbred)s. Fortunately, Timid Whispers was ready; of several TB mares in the program, she is the most talented. I bred her and three others to high-quality stallions.

Fire Dance is the best result of this breeding project so far; two of the mcminn mares are in foal to him, and I have good hope that he'll sire Shagya Arabians.

Why I entered him and think he should win: he is handsome; he has excellent stats and HGP, a performance record, and the ability to create new members of an uncommon breed.

------------------------------------

bred and owned by Scythian

Daystar's Gold, Grade

(see his Profile page / Gallery for images with tack)

It should be obvious by now that I'm very fond of beautiful gold-coated horses! Daystar's Gold is the son of two dappled Grade horses, Little Daystar and Freckled Gold. He has inherited the best of both parents.

Grade horses have the unique ability to give their traits to a mating with any purebred without creating a crossbred—the resultant foal becomes, for example, “Half Lipizzaner”. Subsequent breeding with more purebreds raises the proportion of the named breed. With care and some luck, the Grade's contributions of size, stats, build/type, coat color/pattern, and often outcross vigor may persist. Therefore, they can “upgrade” a genetic line.

Why I think he should win: he is distinctively beautiful, and offers excellent stats and HGP, a performance record, and the ability to improve any breed.
WichitaFeather
Visit My Farm

Post by WichitaFeather »

Tisha wrote:
Zebracat1234 wrote:
GentleGiants wrote:
I decided to close this early, to all the winners please quote me with a horse you can sell to me that can be rehomed (No living children) and I will buy it :)

Our Winners:

In first place is;
ZebraCat1234 With "ίE Not Love, Just Lonely"
ίE Not Love, Just Lonely

In second place is;
Tisha with "Osiris of <CS>"
Osiris of <CS>

In third is GentleGiants with "Freedom No Greeting"
Freedom No Greeting
Zebracat1234
Visit My Farm

Post by Zebracat1234 »

WichitaFeather wrote:
I decided to close this early, to all the winners please quote me with a horse you can sell to me that can be rehomed (No living children) and I will buy it :)
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1774676

Sweet, congrats to all the other winners and thanks for hosting, Wichita :)
Chincoteague Ponies | Thoroughbreds
GentleGiants
Visit My Farm

Post by GentleGiants »

No way! I cant believe I got 3rd place! yay!
Thank you for hosting this competition!!
here is a horse you can buy and rehome :D

Thank You SO much!!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1770788
WichitaFeather wrote: I decided to close this early, to all the winners please quote me with a horse you can sell to me that can be rehomed (No living children) and I will buy it :)

In third is GentleGiants with "Freedom No Greeting"
Freedom No Greeting
16fang76ok
Visit My Farm

Post by 16fang76ok »

These are a few of my prettiest horses. Good luck everyone in the contest! :D
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1603016
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1027602
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

WichitaFeather wrote:
Tisha wrote:
In second place is;
Tisha with "Osiris of <CS>"
Osiris of <CS>
Thank ya kindly, here's the horse I put up ^~^ http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1774337
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:01 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:01 pm