Community Forum

Dark Shades Contest [CLOSED]

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Dark Shades Contest

Post by AltNazarach »

MiniMini wrote: Here is my entry
his coat reminds me of metal after a fire - like soot spread over a once gleaming surface ^^ and the first occurence of this particular kind of sooty in this contest ;)
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

NBK wrote:
AltNazarach wrote:Sooty Horse Contest
I have been waiting for one of these!!! I love this contest idea so much.

Here is my heavily Sooty Bay coated mare.
NBK's Dark Crimson

NativeBornKnights
I'm glad that there are people interested in contests like these, as I like the seemingly 'unnoticed' kinds of colors (or coat variations in this case) ^-^

She is a beautiful one :D I like dark bays with this kind of heavy sooty quite a lot - they look so velvety :D her coat is also interesting as she gets progressively darker in front and her brighter backside seems like a spotlight was held in her direction - and it's such a subtle change ^^
Divine Goddess
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Divine Goddess »

AltNazarach wrote:
Divine Goddess wrote: He does have leopard pattern but he’s my man :lol:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1557780

Now that's an interesting combination, he looks like a nighttime desert with freshly falling snow ^^
He does look like a nightime desert with some snow, didn't notice it that way before :D

Maybe you'll like his Hot evening desert grand-son too? ( ofc not entering this once since only 1 is allowed :lol: )
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1797372
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Divine Goddess wrote:
He does look like a nightime desert with some snow, didn't notice it that way before :D

Maybe you'll like his Hot evening desert grand-son too? ( ofc not entering this once since only 1 is allowed :lol: )
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1797372
He is interesting too (that particular sooty seems to be strong indeed if even the grand-son still carries it xD) i'd recommened keeping the sire in, his shade is more interesting (I think) ^^
NBK
Visit My Farm

Post by NBK »

AltNazarach wrote:
NBK wrote:
I have been waiting for one of these!!! I love this contest idea so much.

Here is my heavily Sooty Bay coated mare.
NBK's Dark Crimson

NativeBornKnights
I'm glad that there are people interested in contests like these, as I like the seemingly 'unnoticed' kinds of colors (or coat variations in this case) ^-^

She is a beautiful one :D I like dark bays with this kind of heavy sooty quite a lot - they look so velvety :D her coat is also interesting as she gets progressively darker in front and her brighter backside seems like a spotlight was held in her direction - and it's such a subtle change ^^
She is very lovely, one of her fillies turned out to be just gorgeous too. I linked her below so you can see (I am not entering her though)

Crimson's Lovely Filly

NativeBornKnights
Imagodei_2
Visit My Farm

Post by Imagodei_2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
Imagodei_2 wrote:
ID*Darkness Excel

He does have dapples...bot sure if this is accepted. Otherwise I do have another horse without dapples.
The dapples are a form of sooty so all is well ;) Also a nice variation of sooty (and I like buckskins <3 )- he looks a bit like a catfish :D
Yeah, he is really cute. I entered him because he was my most unique one out of his sire. He turned out to have feathers unlike any of his siblings which came from his Great Granddam which was a huge surprise. :lol: :lol:
PurnieM
Visit My Farm

Post by PurnieM »

I'm breeding for duns for a Spanish-type breeding project, but this guy is amazing...Actually wish he wasn't tobiano to show off that dark coat more (I know, two dilutions...dun and silver...I'll have to try and bred a nonTobi foal from him and replace this entry...):

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1983124
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

PurnieM wrote:I'm breeding for duns for a Spanish-type breeding project, but this guy is amazing...Actually wish he wasn't tobiano to show off that dark coat more (I know, two dilutions...dun and silver...I'll have to try and bred a nonTobi foal from him and replace this entry...):

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1983124
He is a good looking fella too ;) silver and dun are ok as they don't cover sooty, so don't fret :)
are you sure he has sooty though? his dun just seems to come in a darker shade...or make a picture from his current coat, maybe by comparing the younger pictures vs the new one I can tell :/ you have time till the end of this month, so if a nice foal comes out you can still switch them ^^
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Imagodei_2 wrote: Yeah, he is really cute. I entered him because he was my most unique one out of his sire. He turned out to have feathers unlike any of his siblings which came from his Great Granddam which was a huge surprise. :lol: :lol:
I love feathers ^^ they seem to be a recessive cumulative gene as far as I know, so the results can go:
no feathers + feathered= small feathers or no feathers; small feathers + feathers= small feathers or medium feathers; medium feathers + med/full feathers= medium feathers or full feathers.
So because both parents had small feathers he had a small chance to get the medium fluffs ;)
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

NBK wrote: She is very lovely, one of her fillies turned out to be just gorgeous too. I linked her below so you can see (I am not entering her though)

Crimson's Lovely Filly

NativeBornKnights
Oooh, sooty dapples ^o^ she is indeed a nice one - wouldn't have thought these could go so well with a shiny coat ^^'
But yes, her dam is more interesting regarding this contest :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 3:59 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:59 pm