Community Forum

Controversial suggestions, opinions needed.

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Thundermare
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Controversial suggestions, opinions needed.

Post by Thundermare »

Farant wrote:Hello! I have couple suggestions that have been on my mind for a while.

1. Geldings.
I really can't understand why this feature doesn't exist. WHY????
It allows people to sell off unneeded horses without fear of losing their unique line to a stranger. I'm a big breeder with several years of experience, and I can't sell any of my colts because I have zero control of what happens to the horse after it's sold. If my colt ends up on studs, someone else will benefit off my hard work without my permission.

2. Competitions should cost energy (just like breeding).
This makes horse's performance important. There's no reason to breed better horses to compete now, you can enter 10.000 competitions with adopted horse and earn the highest title. Isn't that weird? Breeding consumes energy, the next logical step is to make competition's cost something as well. This will make competitions harder, but it's how it should be. One horse won't be able to dominate everyone just because it was born early and entered in thousands of competitions over the course of months if not years. This will boost breeding as well, because breeding one ultimate horse won't be the answer anymore, and champions will retire(especially if they're geldings). Consequently, players who don't have the ability to train horses fast, will ask others to do that or invest money into their own accounts, because the younger the horse is and the better it is trained, the more money it will earn.

3. Rankings should be reset.
This should be done to make two previous points work as they should, or #2 is absolutely useless and even harmful and #1 is not as effective.
Rankings are all false now (except World Records), they don't represent the horse's abilities, just that it was there long enough to accumulate insane amount of points. You can adopt a horse and make it #1 in the game if you have enough time and patience to enter it in all shows every day for months (or years).
If there's a cost for every competition, ridiculous megachampions in every discipline won't exist anymore. If champions retire on constant basis, there will always be the need for new, better horses, there will be progress, competition, new names, new bloodlines!

4. New ways to spend money and other improvements.
I have 80kk on both my accounts and I don't even try to earn money, I have nothing to spend them on. It would be ideal to exchange money for PT, even at very high rate, like 1kk = 1 PT or something like that.

I'd like to have bigger pastures and barns, 24 or 36 or even 50 horses instead of 12. It's not comfortable to manage big breeding projects when you have 15 small pastures and need to check them all every other game year. I'd pay anything to reduce strain on my fingers from constant clicking. Regular pastures are not enough, why not make bigger ones and allow people more flexible management of their farm?

Also, I think sales ads should be time limited and there should be an option to sort out offers only ones. If I want to buy the horse right now, it's tiring to read through dozens of offers only posts which have been there for months. Marketplace is covered in old posts from inactive accounts. Search system is very lacking, with such a complex breeders report it's very hard to find a particular stat or their combination. I think there should be at least the ability to sort and order by HGP and certain stat's color.

That's all I have to say for now. I know that some of my points are quite controversial and require lots of work, especially wiping all rankings, but I firmly believe it will do good for the game.
I agree very much with the gelding suggestion, but not so much with the second one. If energy is used whenever I enter a comp, I will be forced to use turns. My main account (this one) is frozen for a reason, and that reason is to prevent the aging and death of my best horses. If we were forced to use turns, it would be terribly difficult for competitors to champ their horses to what they want without fear that their horse will die and they will lose all their hard work with the passing of said horse. I'm really sorry if I come off as rude because I don't mean to be, but I think it's best that energy is not used where player-made comps are concerned.
On another note, money exchange is a fabulous idea. It would provide a good way to earn Pony Tokens without paying real money. I have nothing against paying real money, but I do not have a credit card so that is the reason I say this. Deleting old offers on sale ads would also be useful as well. :)
Tjigra
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Thundermare wrote:If energy is used whenever I enter a comp, I will be forced to use turns. My main account (this one) is frozen for a reason, and that reason is to prevent the aging and death of my best horses. If we were forced to use turns, it would be terribly difficult for competitors to champ their horses to what they want without fear that their horse will die and they will lose all their hard work with the passing of said horse.
That is exactly the point of using energy for competitions. In real life, owner does not get to decide "I want my horse to be a World Champion!". In real life, a horse does not get to be a champion only because it has been entered in lots and lots of competitions. In the way it is now on HWO, almost any horse can become a multiple SMGCh, if the owner is dedicated enough - even if they keep earning single points for 5th places, eventually they will get there. So there is not much value in getting titles to your horses, because that is something anyone can do. Title doesn't mean this is the best horse around, it only means the horse has an owner dedicated enough to champ them. So many people don't even bother to train and show their horses, because there is little added value to that.
So I'd very much like to see something to be done about it, and expending energy for competitions is the most logical thing to do. With limited amount of shows a horse can participate in in its lifetime, the best horses will get the highest titles, and that would be much more life-like than it is now. The value of titles will rise, and that would (hopefully) be the incentive that is needed for people to show more.
Thundermare
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

Tjigra wrote:
Thundermare wrote:If energy is used whenever I enter a comp, I will be forced to use turns. My main account (this one) is frozen for a reason, and that reason is to prevent the aging and death of my best horses. If we were forced to use turns, it would be terribly difficult for competitors to champ their horses to what they want without fear that their horse will die and they will lose all their hard work with the passing of said horse.
That is exactly the point of using energy for competitions. In real life, owner does not get to decide "I want my horse to be a World Champion!". In real life, a horse does not get to be a champion only because it has been entered in lots and lots of competitions. In the way it is now on HWO, almost any horse can become a multiple SMGCh, if the owner is dedicated enough - even if they keep earning single points for 5th places, eventually they will get there. So there is not much value in getting titles to your horses, because that is something anyone can do. Title doesn't mean this is the best horse around, it only means the horse has an owner dedicated enough to champ them. So many people don't even bother to train and show their horses, because there is little added value to that.
So I'd very much like to see something to be done about it, and expending energy for competitions is the most logical thing to do. With limited amount of shows a horse can participate in in its lifetime, the best horses will get the highest titles, and that would be much more life-like than it is now. The value of titles will rise, and that would (hopefully) be the incentive that is needed for people to show more.
I understand your points and where you're coming from. However, I was simply voicing my own opinion. I had no intention of starting anything or insulting anyone, so I think it's best I don't say anything else on this topic. I'm very sorry if I made you mad. Merry Christmas.
Tjigra
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Thundermare wrote: I understand your points and where you're coming from. However, I was simply voicing my own opinion. I had no intention of starting anything or insulting anyone, so I think it's best I don't say anything else on this topic. I'm very sorry if I made you mad. Merry Christmas.
I am sorry if I sounded mad, that wasn't what I meant. I was just trying to explain the idea, probably a bit too emotionally :)
Merry Christmas to you too :)
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

I completely agree with you. And I have another idea: In Local Shows, all the levels get the same amount of Pony Tokens. But I think it would make more sense if the higher levels got more Pony Tokens, because otherwise, you need to spam a bunch of Local Shows to get Pony Tokens.
Farant wrote:Ping
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

kitkat11
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by kitkat11 »

I totally agree with the trading money for PT! along with everything else! I don't know why something hasn't been done about this yet. :shock:
ivy020
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by ivy020 »

Farant wrote:
Rankings are all false now (except World Records), they don't represent the horse's abilities, just that it was there long enough to accumulate insane amount of points. You can adopt a horse and make it #1 in the game if you have enough time and patience to enter it in all shows every day for months (or years).
Definitely agree and would love for the rankings to be reworked.
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

ivy020 wrote:
Farant wrote:
Definitely agree and would love for the rankings to be reworked.
Yes, would love this
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

What is 'COPPA'?
Farant wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Thank you, Tom.

So even if we had PM available to everybody, COPPA would still not allow us to communicate privately, regardless. Even now, our COPPA and similarly restricted players cannot access it.

So my point is that even if we were to vote on and it gets added to the game as an 'everybody accessible', it would still not be available to a portion of our players. Thus still defeating the purpose of your desire to communicate with anybody on the game freely at any time.

But I suppose COPPA falls a bit outside of your consideration toward making things a little easier to communicate. :D
You're right, I don't even consider age restriction since I am way past that restriction myself. :) I'm just thinking that if people mean business they'll find a way to communicate, so pushing forward in that direction is simply waste of time. Points that I've stated in the beginning are far more important and pressing than PM.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm