Community Forum

Controversial suggestions, opinions needed.

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Controversial suggestions, opinions needed.

Post by BlackOak2 »

Skyler Brooks wrote:What is 'COPPA'?
Farant wrote:
You're right, I don't even consider age restriction since I am way past that restriction myself. :) I'm just thinking that if people mean business they'll find a way to communicate, so pushing forward in that direction is simply waste of time. Points that I've stated in the beginning are far more important and pressing than PM.
:D
You can find this information in the help, guides forum, though it's probably buried again...
Anyway, it's the topic heading: Account Security.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
ST0RM
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by ST0RM »

Thundermare wrote:
Farant wrote:Hello! I have couple suggestions that have been on my mind for a while.

1. Geldings.
I really can't understand why this feature doesn't exist. WHY????
It allows people to sell off unneeded horses without fear of losing their unique line to a stranger. I'm a big breeder with several years of experience, and I can't sell any of my colts because I have zero control of what happens to the horse after it's sold. If my colt ends up on studs, someone else will benefit off my hard work without my permission.

2. Competitions should cost energy (just like breeding).
This makes horse's performance important. There's no reason to breed better horses to compete now, you can enter 10.000 competitions with adopted horse and earn the highest title. Isn't that weird? Breeding consumes energy, the next logical step is to make competition's cost something as well. This will make competitions harder, but it's how it should be. One horse won't be able to dominate everyone just because it was born early and entered in thousands of competitions over the course of months if not years. This will boost breeding as well, because breeding one ultimate horse won't be the answer anymore, and champions will retire(especially if they're geldings). Consequently, players who don't have the ability to train horses fast, will ask others to do that or invest money into their own accounts, because the younger the horse is and the better it is trained, the more money it will earn.

3. Rankings should be reset.
This should be done to make two previous points work as they should, or #2 is absolutely useless and even harmful and #1 is not as effective.
Rankings are all false now (except World Records), they don't represent the horse's abilities, just that it was there long enough to accumulate insane amount of points. You can adopt a horse and make it #1 in the game if you have enough time and patience to enter it in all shows every day for months (or years).
If there's a cost for every competition, ridiculous megachampions in every discipline won't exist anymore. If champions retire on constant basis, there will always be the need for new, better horses, there will be progress, competition, new names, new bloodlines!

4. New ways to spend money and other improvements.
I have 80kk on both my accounts and I don't even try to earn money, I have nothing to spend them on. It would be ideal to exchange money for PT, even at very high rate, like 1kk = 1 PT or something like that.

I'd like to have bigger pastures and barns, 24 or 36 or even 50 horses instead of 12. It's not comfortable to manage big breeding projects when you have 15 small pastures and need to check them all every other game year. I'd pay anything to reduce strain on my fingers from constant clicking. Regular pastures are not enough, why not make bigger ones and allow people more flexible management of their farm?

Also, I think sales ads should be time limited and there should be an option to sort out offers only ones. If I want to buy the horse right now, it's tiring to read through dozens of offers only posts which have been there for months. Marketplace is covered in old posts from inactive accounts. Search system is very lacking, with such a complex breeders report it's very hard to find a particular stat or their combination. I think there should be at least the ability to sort and order by HGP and certain stat's color.

That's all I have to say for now. I know that some of my points are quite controversial and require lots of work, especially wiping all rankings, but I firmly believe it will do good for the game.
I agree very much with the gelding suggestion, but not so much with the second one. If energy is used whenever I enter a comp, I will be forced to use turns. My main account (this one) is frozen for a reason, and that reason is to prevent the aging and death of my best horses. If we were forced to use turns, it would be terribly difficult for competitors to champ their horses to what they want without fear that their horse will die and they will lose all their hard work with the passing of said horse. I'm really sorry if I come off as rude because I don't mean to be, but I think it's best that energy is not used where player-made comps are concerned.
On another note, money exchange is a fabulous idea. It would provide a good way to earn Pony Tokens without paying real money. I have nothing against paying real money, but I do not have a credit card so that is the reason I say this. Deleting old offers on sale ads would also be useful as well. :)
I know this is a game but in real life, you can't freeze a horse (and I've seen the heart of Black Caviar) and all horses die at some point. Who here can tell me how long Natures Watch has been a top hose. Freezing horses isn't natural. I agree that we should be able to trade money for PT 'cause some of us can't buy from the store or things like that. I definitely think geldings should exist but there should be a fee to make them geldings (5k-20k).
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

Oh… thx, I just forgot(I'm sorta forgetful :oops: )
BlackOak2 wrote:
Skyler Brooks wrote:What is 'COPPA'?
You can find this information in the help, guides forum, though it's probably buried again...
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Skyler Brooks wrote:Oh… thx, I just forgot(I'm sorta forgetful :oops: )
BlackOak2 wrote:
No problem, that's what the community is here for. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Thundermare
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

ST0RM wrote:
Thundermare wrote: I agree very much with the gelding suggestion, but not so much with the second one. If energy is used whenever I enter a comp, I will be forced to use turns. My main account (this one) is frozen for a reason, and that reason is to prevent the aging and death of my best horses. If we were forced to use turns, it would be terribly difficult for competitors to champ their horses to what they want without fear that their horse will die and they will lose all their hard work with the passing of said horse. I'm really sorry if I come off as rude because I don't mean to be, but I think it's best that energy is not used where player-made comps are concerned.
On another note, money exchange is a fabulous idea. It would provide a good way to earn Pony Tokens without paying real money. I have nothing against paying real money, but I do not have a credit card so that is the reason I say this. Deleting old offers on sale ads would also be useful as well. :)
I know this is a game but in real life, you can't freeze a horse (and I've seen the heart of Black Caviar) and all horses die at some point. Who here can tell me how long Natures Watch has been a top hose. Freezing horses isn't natural. I agree that we should be able to trade money for PT 'cause some of us can't buy from the store or things like that. I definitely think geldings should exist but there should be a fee to make them geldings (5k-20k).
While it might be more realistic, my view is always fun > realism. This might sound stupid, but I have an attachment to my horses so I keep them frozen. I also prefer to do so because I like the escape from reality.
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Thundermare wrote: While it might be more realistic, my view is always fun > realism. This might sound stupid, but I have an attachment to my horses so I keep them frozen. I also prefer to do so because I like the escape from reality.
I agree that fun > realism. No one can prevent you from freezing your horses, second account is still a thing. But the question is that current competition system isn't very alive and functioning as it is. It's the way to determine the ability of the horse, not the patience of its owner. Look at the top horses - does it make you think that 16k competitions entered is a bit too many for a human being to, well, waste time on?
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
Thundermare
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

Farant wrote:
Thundermare wrote: While it might be more realistic, my view is always fun > realism. This might sound stupid, but I have an attachment to my horses so I keep them frozen. I also prefer to do so because I like the escape from reality.
I agree that fun > realism. No one can prevent you from freezing your horses, second account is still a thing. But the question is that current competition system isn't very alive and functioning as it is. It's the way to determine the ability of the horse, not the patience of its owner. Look at the top horses - does it make you think that 16k competitions entered is a bit too many for a human being to, well, waste time on?
Yeah, I agree that the top horses don't really show the horse's talent as much as the owner's determination.
corne
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by corne »

agree all the way
Black_Caviar
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Black_Caviar »

I totally agree! I can't find a horse with 50 million offer only posts!! Also, I have 3 pastures to fit all my horses I want a BIG barn but I don't want to buy one because they are not big enough. It would be a huge improvement if you could select offers or non offers!!!

My answer: 100% YES
likeit2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by likeit2 »

i completely agree!!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 1:33 am

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:33 am