Community Forum

Feeding Update is Live

Official announcements about the new game.
Azureskies
Visit My Farm

Re: Feeding Update is Live

Post by Azureskies »

Will we also be getting an explanation of pros and cons to each feed and how built we should have our horses be? I'm not sure I'm quite understanding how all of this is affecting performance.
Moghedien
Visit My Farm

Post by Moghedien »

Some quick feedback: on my farm, only the horses in the Starter Pasture are able to have full energy when pasture grazing. All of my other pastures' horses are at around 50% energy after 6 turns. (This is without me training any of them.)

I do notice that out of all my pastures, only the Starter Pasture has "Quality" listed as 100% and the rest list it as 50%.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Moghedien wrote:Some quick feedback: on my farm, only the horses in the Starter Pasture are able to have full energy when pasture grazing. All of my other pastures' horses are at around 50% energy after 6 turns. (This is without me training any of them.)

I do notice that out of all my pastures, only the Starter Pasture has "Quality" listed as 100% and the rest list it as 50%.

Good catch. I've set all pasture to 100% for now. Eventually this will change overtime as the horses graze and the grass grows, but for now everything is set to lush lush pastures.
m00sebytes
Visit My Farm

Post by m00sebytes »

So I'm not sure if this is an issue or not with the update or I just have an INCREDIBLY hardy horse, but one of my horses is putting on weight no matter what I do. I have him set to no feed, he's just in a pasture, and I've been training him past exhaustion every day. He's still gaining weight - I'm wondering if he's getting phantom feedings or something?

If he's just ah, big-boned, then that's fine, I just wanted to mention it in case it's a bug. :)

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/70910
PaintingPony
Visit My Farm

Post by PaintingPony »

put him in a barn with hay
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Post by Ms. Trouble Maker »

Some horses are easy keepers! lol Be thankful!!! when I was breeding Friesians I was going for easy keeper trait in all the horses. I've had some that I could skip like 6 turns and they'd still be thin. And with the feeding update it would cost a fortune to feed a horse than never keeps it weight on! lol
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

And thank you Larissar for putting the pastures on lush!!! It was costing me like $600/turn to feed my horses! And I know I could slim down a bit...but the problem is I have like 10 great show horses! And I do make quite a bit of money off shows....but I don't make that much in 10 minutes! lol It was a total of $3,600 after 6 turns! And I could see that being an issue for the new accounts when you start out with $20,000. I depend on all my showing as income....but if the horses aren't in nice moderate condition then they don't show as well. But thankfully now it only costs me about $150 to feed my top show horses! (Some don't old weight as well as others)

During Spring/summer season the pasture would be lush and horses my get fat off it....but winter time you'd need to provide extra feed. And that part is more understandable.
PaintingPony
Visit My Farm

Post by PaintingPony »

with things like this I wish that each day only used 1 week instead of 2 because it takes so much time to adjust to what a horse needs and by the time you get it right you've lost a whole year just trying to figure out what your horse needs. Sometimes it takes a couple of days to see any change in your horse at all and by then it's been a couple of months of life just to see if anything is working.
Millwood
Visit My Farm

Post by Millwood »

I went through quite a few turns waiting for foals before I even noticed the new feeding tab, I expect that was why my horses lost their training so I won't try and put it all back on the older horses, just have to start anew with the new foals. But a good addition to the game! My next question, ever any chance of a 'auto-feeding', barn manager type thing? I'd happily pay for that LOL!!
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

I think it's kinda cool that every horse has different needs. One of my horses needs Alfalfa cubes and oats, and another needs just regular hay and corn. And then there's Mr. Needy who needs hay, alfalfa cubes and sweet feed. lol
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 11:55 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:55 pm