Community Forum

Historical Logs

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

LEOPARD TARPANS

Post by Hawkeye »

Starlight Leopard Tarpans
This is my main post to update my Leopard Tarpans breeding project. After finding out about this post on how to develop leopard coat from AC horses, i had my answer: It's apparently impossible to get leopard/near leopard horses just from AC tarpans. For the sake of limiting variables i've decided on a new starting point for my breeding project. Three AC breeds will be used: Tarpan, Caspian and Shetland. I will also favor chestnut/flaxen chestnut over black base as it's told they're biased to develop as leopard. The breeding pool will remain closed and i will also attempt to track each horse genotype. The name Starlight is just because all horses in geneline will have space-themed names.

Summary:
1. Breed flaxen chestnut leopard/near-leopard 5* Tarpans.
2. Closed gene pool, only from a small pool of AC Horses.
3. AC breeds used: Tarpan, Caspian, Shetland.

Original stock:

Stallions:
1. Chubby (Shetland)
2. Romeo (Shetland)
3. Deimos (Tarpan)
4. Midnight Lullaby (Caspian)
* Deimos and Midnight Lullaby are not AC horses, but both are related to only AC horses from the same breed, therefore they only have each breed's available genes from AC.
Mares:
1. Deneb (Tarpan)
2. Desdemona (Tarpan)
3. Red Magnolia (Caspian)
4. Sunrise Ballade (Caspian)
Milestones:
40,000HGP horse
45,000HGP horse
50,000HGP horse
55,000HGP horse
60,000HGP horse
65,000HGP horse
Farm Logs
22/08/2023: Official post published. More achievements and details will be added.
23/08/2023: Update #1
Last edited by Hawkeye on Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

Leopard Tarpans Update #1

Post by Hawkeye »

This is just a collection of pictures of my current purebred Tarpans as foals with the largest spread of snowcap i've achieved, since Tarpans have some much varnish it's hard to see the size of the blanket as they get older, so i keep a photo of them as foals for that reason. I've had more foals with blankets that looked exactly like that, but i didn't save their pictures back then.
Aegaeon
Desdemona, Aegaeons's daughter
Eris, daughter of Desdemona
The position and spread is so similar i believe this is the largest spread you can get with just AC Tarpan genes.
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

NORDESTINOS

Post by Hawkeye »

Nordestinos Leão do Norte
This is my main post to track my Nordestino horse breeding project. My main objective now is to keep a family of purebred Nordestinos.

Main Objectives:
1. Have a 60,000+ HGP herd of purebred Nordestinos
2. 5* Nordestino Evaluation
3. Allowed base colors: Chestnut, Palomino, Cremello, Bay, Buckskin, Double Cream Buckskin
4. Tobiano White markings.
5. Tiger Eye

Hall of Fame|
Farm Logs
01/09/2023: Official post published. More achievements and details will be added.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 11:29 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:29 am