Community Forum

CLOSED

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

Post by EclipticEnd »

Iris Rock Stables wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:...
I do not wish to drop or add any roles. Thank you for checking in the community though, as gabby has left for a while.

My project (which I have been severally putting off :oops:) is working to get the Noma Pony lines running. I have put Dole G's off to the side for awhile. Please let me know if there is any recommended breeds to work on. Thank you!
Will do! Good luck with the Nomas!
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by UniqueFarms »

EclipticEnd wrote:
UniqueFarms wrote:You are listed as a Specific Breeder, Challenged Breeder, Breeder, and Evaluator for this club.
Let me know if there's any roles you wish to add to that list or drop from that list. Roles may be slightly altered with the upcoming move; if any of your roles are then you'll be notified of the changes.
How are your projects going? You're breeding Gotlands and Koniks, right? And you also have some North Swedish Horses and Doles going it looks like. Is there anything the club can do to assist with that? If the club ends up making any Gotlands or Koniks then would you be interested in taking them? Would you be open to selling any to the club in the case that they're needed in the future?

Do you have any suggestions for the club moving forward? Any comments or questions?
Hey! Glad to hear that you’re checking up on the group! I am moving forward with my Gotland project, just stuck a bit on breeding a Konik with a tarpan to get a Gotland. My horses are never in my favor. I don’t think that I will need anything in the near future but I will probably need funding to buy an AC tarpan mare off of the market once the current one I have passes.

I would rather breed my own Konik’s and Gotland’s instead of buying them from people, but I can gladly take some extra if the group gets started on them! I have plans for my own private line, and more of a public line where I will have a couple stallions up for stud incase others are inspired. I can still take some from the RBRC community and start breeding them into my public line.

Kind of getting to the same point, but I would rather give out horses from my public, rather than my private line. Down the road I am planning on making my private line public, but only for close members/friends. Still, I would be more than honored to donate some to the community for everyone to use, and breed with.

Some suggestions for breeds to vote on; Appendix Quarter Horse, Irish Sport Horse, and Galloway. An Appendix Quarter Horse will be very time consuming, so if it comes to that, we are gonna have to work together and be strong.

Some questions; Would the group would work on more than one breed at a time (ex: EclipticEnd would be working on ————, UniqueFarms would be working on ————)?
UniqueFarms
High HGP Endurance Arabians
Sells Trained Grinders
Great 5* Studs
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

They're all doing good! My Quarabs are finished, I'm just trying to preserve mine by continually breeding them before they pass on :oops: Arappaloosas and Miniatures are kind of on pause right now because I'm having to freeze that account for the moment. Welsh Ponies I haven't really done much with. I have a stallion standing at stud on my freezing account, but the Welsh-es will be my next project :)

I think maybe not being a breeder for the target horses will be better...? Mainly because I wouldn't have the time or space for them :(

Nope, no suggestions or anything. Thanks for checking in!

:D
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

UniqueFarms wrote: Some suggestions for breeds to vote on; Appendix Quarter Horse, Irish Sport Horse, and Galloway. An Appendix Quarter Horse will be very time consuming, so if it comes to that, we are gonna have to work together and be strong.
I vote on the Irish Sport Horse ;)
brightspace16
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

My quest for the Byelorussian Harness Horses is slow but steady. I would not mind being added as another kind of breeder... I want to take on more projects I think! If the club ever decides to go for the Byelorussian Harness Horses I would love to take them in! Let me know how I can help with the club and I look forward to seeing where it goes in the near future! Thanks for reaching out!
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by K's Eventing »

EclipticEnd wrote:
K's Eventing wrote:You are listed as an Evaluator and Specific Breeder for this club.
Let me know if there's any roles you wish to add to that list or drop from that list. Roles may be slightly altered with the upcoming move; if any of your roles are then you'll be notified of the changes.
You've noted that you're working on Austrian Warmbloods. How're those going so far? Is there anything the club can do to help with that? That's a pretty rare breed so there's a chance that the club might make it a focus in the future. If that's the case, would you be interested in taking some?

Do you have any suggestions for the club moving forward? Any comments or questions?
Hello, ElipticEnd.
They are going slow, I am breeding from AC stock. Right now I am breeding for a Nonius, which is a base horse. I haven't been working on them recently, I just had twins who unfortunately passed so my wife and I are taking time to get back on track. I might be, what do you mean by taking some?

I definitely agree on you being in leader position, you are a good person to look up to. I would like to change the color scheme, though. It reminds me of private school colors, heh.
I am very new to this, so I don't really know what else to change if that makes any sense?
A monthly club competition sounds cool, though.
-KJ
Last edited by K's Eventing on Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brightspace16
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

K's Eventing wrote: -KJ
I am also working on breeding from AC stock! we should all ban together lol
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by K's Eventing »

brightspace16 wrote:
K's Eventing wrote: -KJ
Haha, we should. It's my first time, I could use some help from someone more experienced!
Last edited by K's Eventing on Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by K's Eventing »

horsegirl008 wrote:
UniqueFarms wrote: Some suggestions for breeds to vote on; Appendix Quarter Horse, Irish Sport Horse, and Galloway. An Appendix Quarter Horse will be very time consuming, so if it comes to that, we are gonna have to work together and be strong.
I vote on the Irish Sport Horse ;)
I second the vote. :)
brightspace16
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

K's Eventing wrote:
brightspace16 wrote:
Haha, we should. It's my first time, I could use some help from someone more experienced!
Want to join?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41509
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 21, 2024 8:07 am

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 8:07 am