Community Forum

Hello all! been awhile! miss you all!

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Hello all! been awhile! miss you all!

Post by BlackOak2 »

HorseGalLovi wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
If you remember how to train, you can purchase cheap grinder-prospects from the market, train them up and sell them at 70k a pop (between 45k and 100k, depending on the lineages). It's quick and direct and rather fast sales. My grinders disappear within 24 hours when I do some of this style of money-management. The trick is to put them with the heading 'Grinder' and with only a buyout price. :mrgreen:

oh ok sweet! im a bit rusty but can practice then maybe do that lol.. also not sure if people still ask for help with this... but do people still get people to "pop" their pregnant mares? lol i had a conversation in my PMs it looks like about that, but not sure if people still look for that?
Yup! People still look for that, the quicker you can do so, the better. And should work quite smoothly with training.
Plus, your rusty training horse can still be sold too, even if a little older. As long as he's 15 or under, you can still get him gone for 45k. 35k in 24 hours. It's all about getting them gone quick, unless you have a freeze account and they can sit around for a couple days.

I do recommend that you open up a sales topic though and keep it updated on available stock. And manually bump it every day or two. Grinders can easily get lost in the sales market, even today. :)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HorseGalLovi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseGalLovi »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HorseGalLovi wrote:

oh ok sweet! im a bit rusty but can practice then maybe do that lol.. also not sure if people still ask for help with this... but do people still get people to "pop" their pregnant mares? lol i had a conversation in my PMs it looks like about that, but not sure if people still look for that?
Yup! People still look for that, the quicker you can do so, the better. And should work quite smoothly with training.
Plus, your rusty training horse can still be sold too, even if a little older. As long as he's 15 or under, you can still get him gone for 45k. 35k in 24 hours. It's all about getting them gone quick, unless you have a freeze account and they can sit around for a couple days.

I do recommend that you open up a sales topic though and keep it updated on available stock. And manually bump it every day or two. Grinders can easily get lost in the sales market, even today. :)

sweet! ok thanks so much! will do for sure (once i get it going, the sales topic), and i might set up one of my sides to be a freeze account, also, how would i go about "freezing" the account? also another question... am i allowed to buy pony tokens on my sides? and use them to upgrade them to premium? or?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HorseGalLovi wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

sweet! ok thanks so much! will do for sure (once i get it going, the sales topic), and i might set up one of my sides to be a freeze account, also, how would i go about "freezing" the account? also another question... am i allowed to buy pony tokens on my sides? and use them to upgrade them to premium? or?
:) Sounds like you've forgotten a bit. No problems at all! I'll try to cover what I can, if somebody doesn't answer before me. ;)

Freeze and board accounts simply don't use turns. So just don't use turns and your account will be 'frozen'. It's not really something we do, more something we don't do. If we don't use turns, the horses just won't age and that's the goal.
Second, admin does like when we spend money on them ;) so you're free to purchase upgrades and PT on the accounts they go to. You can purchase from your main account, just be sure to put in the account it's going to and get the name correct (done on the same screen as purchasing, so look sharp). Or, to save yourself the hassle, just order from the account you want the extras on.

Just as a reminder, there is no transferring of PT between accounts, so if you have XXX PT on one account, you can NOT transfer those to another.

Anything else? :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HorseGalLovi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseGalLovi »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HorseGalLovi wrote:

:) Sounds like you've forgotten a bit. No problems at all! I'll try to cover what I can, if somebody doesn't answer before me. ;)

Freeze and board accounts simply don't use turns. So just don't use turns and your account will be 'frozen'. It's not really something we do, more something we don't do. If we don't use turns, the horses just won't age and that's the goal.
Second, admin does like when we spend money on them ;) so you're free to purchase upgrades and PT on the accounts they go to. You can purchase from your main account, just be sure to put in the account it's going to and get the name correct (done on the same screen as purchasing, so look sharp). Or, to save yourself the hassle, just order from the account you want the extras on.

Just as a reminder, there is no transferring of PT between accounts, so if you have XXX PT on one account, you can NOT transfer those to another.

Anything else? :mrgreen:
okie sweet thanks!
and im sure there is more stuff, but right now im just relaxing a bit, and thinking, just got back from nightly walk with the dog lol
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HorseGalLovi wrote:
okie sweet thanks!
and im sure there is more stuff, but right now im just relaxing a bit, and thinking, just got back from nightly walk with the dog lol
I'll be in and out! :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HorseGalLovi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseGalLovi »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HorseGalLovi wrote:
okie sweet thanks!
oh ok! lol no worries!
also good afternoon!
also i do have a bunch more questions...
1. how would i go about offering my service for "popping" babies from mares? lol
2. should i practice alittle at training? then as least i have some practice in? since i dont wanna be too rusty lol
3. on my other 2 account, my sides, i have a bunch of horses on them, that i dont really need, would i be ok to sell them off on my sides? or would i need to transfer them to my main and do it like that? or how would i go about that?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HorseGalLovi wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
oh ok! lol no worries!
also good afternoon!
1. how would i go about offering my service for "popping" babies from mares? lol
2. should i practice alittle at training? then as least i have some practice in? since i dont wanna be too rusty lol
3. on my other 2 account, my sides, i have a bunch of horses on them, that i dont really need, would i be ok to sell them off on my sides? or would i need to transfer them to my main and do it like that? or how would i go about that?
:D :D
1) Open a forum in general chat with a heading like: Popping Mares
Then fill in your prices and time-range. I suggest you have your frozen account ready. Sometimes people tend to disappear just as their mare is ready to return. Also, stalking the chats is a good place to pick up popping jobs.
2) Yes, but you should need just one horse. Grab a cheapie from the market under 10k, you should be able to find one with HGP in the 60k range for even $1 and that's under 5 years. Then get to training. Focus on stamina first (at least to 80%) and then fill in the rest of the stats. Remember stamina will take 2/3 of the total training time. Then when he's all done, either keep in to grind with while you train your next horse, or put him up for sale and get rid of him.
3) You can play your sides as you like. As long as your competition comes off of just two accounts (you only compete from two accounts, no more). Many of us actually use a side account for sales, in this way, the horses don't age while they await interest. But remember, basic accounts are allowed as many immediate-sale horses as you want but only TWO best offer or private sales. And also, be sure to put up all your immediate-sale horses first, because best offer and private sales will lock your immediate-sales as well.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HorseGalLovi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseGalLovi »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HorseGalLovi wrote:
oh ok! lol no worries!
also good afternoon!
:D :D
1) Open a forum in general chat with a heading like: Popping Mares
Then fill in your prices and time-range. I suggest you have your frozen account ready. Sometimes people tend to disappear just as their mare is ready to return. Also, stalking the chats is a good place to pick up popping jobs.
2) Yes, but you should need just one horse. Grab a cheapie from the market under 10k, you should be able to find one with HGP in the 60k range for even $1 and that's under 5 years. Then get to training. Focus on stamina first (at least to 80%) and then fill in the rest of the stats. Remember stamina will take 2/3 of the total training time. Then when he's all done, either keep in to grind with while you train your next horse, or put him up for sale and get rid of him.
3) You can play your sides as you like. As long as your competition comes off of just two accounts (you only compete from two accounts, no more). Many of us actually use a side account for sales, in this way, the horses don't age while they await interest. But remember, basic accounts are allowed as many immediate-sale horses as you want but only TWO best offer or private sales. And also, be sure to put up all your immediate-sale horses first, because best offer and private sales will lock your immediate-sales as well.
okie sweet! thank you so much!
now to think about other things i need to ask lol
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

8-)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 24, 2024 8:49 am

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 8:49 am