Community Forum

The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Diamond Filly wrote:Okay! Do you know if anyone has any extra ISH so I can help? If not that's fine. I'm not on much anyway.
Not really, unfortunately. It's been a bit radio silence.
UnpredictableDragon wrote:UnpredictableDragon was working on Connemaras last I heard which are needed for Irish Draughts (which are needed for ISH).

Irish Draught (316) = [ Belgian x Thoroughbred ] x [ Andalusian x Connemara ]

Maybe they'd let us stud to one or use a mare?
I have some Andalusians that I can make via the ones that I have if that's the case. I'm not sure how well they evaluate though. Alternatively we need some Belgian x TBs if that catches your interest. The end recipe (Irish Sport Horse (596) = Thoroughbred x Irish Draught) uses a TB so another alternative goal would be to work towards a 5* TB for ISH.

You're also welcome to check out the public studs to see what's available there.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heya! If you've been pinged in this message then you're listed as a Breeder role for this community. I've excluded a couple of players who I know are currently taking breaks from the game.

Just wanted to check in with you guys on how you're doing? I'm not sure if anyone's currently working the club's breeding goal, and if not then that's perfectly okay! It's easy to burn out when making breeds, so I definitely encourage you guys to take time doing your own thing whenever you'd like; working on club things is moreso a volunteering thing than a responsibility.

It's been brought up that there's interest in working on the Yili breed (Breed Wiki linked) instead of Irish Sport Horses. The Yili is listed as a Challenged Breeder goal as the current population of the breed is well below 100 (it's at 11 as I type). Some of the breeds that go towards making them are within your guys' range though!

Let me know if any of you are interested in doing that swap. I'll also be bringing this up with the Challenged Breeders to scout out their interest. You don't have to work on the breed yourself if you're currently busy with your own game.

Additionally, if you're working on any rare breeds yourselves (500 or less in population) then you're 100% able to use club funds and benefits as needed. That's what the funds are there for, even if it's not strictly for a club goal.

Please delete anything below this line when you reply to avoid a mass ping!
=======================================================================
Diamond Filly wrote:Ping!
Opalhorse22 wrote:Ping!
Spartan Onyx wrote:Ping!
Steinböckin wrote:Ping!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heya! If you've been pinged in this message then you're listed as a Challenged Breeder role for this community. I've excluded a couple of players who I know are currently taking breaks from the game.

Just checking in! Like I told the Breeders, taking a break from this club is 100% encouraged. This is volunteer work more than a responsibility and burnouts can happen when you're "working" and not "playing".

There hasn't been a specific Challenged Breeder breed chosen, so I'm bringing forth a suggestion as we have a member interested in them.

The Yili breed (Breed Wiki linked) has only 11 active horses, meaning it falls into the Challenged Breeder range due to a population of less than 100. Some of the breeds required for this are vaguely common (I've seen them around here and there) but some are not.

Let me know if you're interested in working on this. You don't have to work on the breed if you're currently busy with your own game. You'd be working with the Breeders to create this breed, so you hopefully wouldn't be working alone.

As a reminder, if you're working on any rare breeds yourselves (500 or less in population) then you're 100% able to use club funds and benefits as needed. That's what the funds are there for, even if it's not strictly for a club goal.

brightspace16 wrote:Ping!
Heartland2001 wrote:Ping!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heya! If you've been pinged in this message then you're listed as an Extra Breeder role for this community. I've excluded a couple of players who I know are currently taking breaks from the game.

How're you guys doing? Don't worry about doing club stuff if you're busy! This is volunteer work more than a responsibility and burnouts can happen when you're "working" and not "playing".

I'm looking for your opinions on changing the current breed goal to the Yili breed (Breed Wiki linked) rather than Irish Sport Horses. The Yili is incredibly rare (11 active horses) and the ISH is technically common enough that we don't really need to make them at all.

Let me know if you're interested in working on this. You don't have to work on the breed if you're currently busy with your own game. You'd be working with the other Breeder roles to create this breed, so you hopefully wouldn't be working alone.

As a reminder, if you're working on any rare breeds yourselves (500 or less in population) then you're 100% able to use club funds and benefits as needed. That's what the funds are there for, even if it's not strictly for a club goal.

~besthorsebreeder~ wrote:Ping!
brightspace16 wrote:Ping!
Iris Rock Stables wrote:Ping!
UnpredictableDragon wrote:Ping!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Apologies for any double pings!

I'll also be checking in with the other roles later, so if you're part of a role group that hasn't yet been pinged then you can definitely let me know and I'll skip over your names for those.

Any and all updates are appreciated and welcome! If you're a Specific Breeder then I'd appreciate an update on what rare breeds you might be working on; I've been adding those to the main post as well as I can so let me know if anything needs changed. This is both to highlight your hard work as well as allow other players to check out your herds.

If you'd like to change roles, remove roles, and/or add roles then please let me know that as well.

Thanks!
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

EclipticEnd wrote:Apologies for any double pings!

I'll also be checking in with the other roles later, so if you're part of a role group that hasn't yet been pinged then you can definitely let me know and I'll skip over your names for those.

Any and all updates are appreciated and welcome! If you're a Specific Breeder then I'd appreciate an update on what rare breeds you might be working on; I've been adding those to the main post as well as I can so let me know if anything needs changed. This is both to highlight your hard work as well as allow other players to check out your herds.

If you'd like to change roles, remove roles, and/or add roles then please let me know that as well.

Thanks!
Could you add me on as a Challenged Breeder as well as Breeder? Thanks!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Diamond Filly wrote:Could you add me on as a Challenged Breeder as well as Breeder? Thanks!
Certainly!
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

EclipticEnd wrote:...
Whoops... turns out I wasn't subscribed to the topic like I'd thought I was, so I missed the call for if anyone had wanted horses before they were aged out. I just wanted to make sure that the horses that are currently in those linked stables aren't the ones who had been available when you'd first posted asking about it, and they're just the ones who happen to be living in there now. I had to ask, just in case. :mrgreen:
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

redster wrote:Whoops... turns out I wasn't subscribed to the topic like I'd thought I was, so I missed the call for if anyone had wanted horses before they were aged out. I just wanted to make sure that the horses that are currently in those linked stables aren't the ones who had been available when you'd first posted asking about it, and they're just the ones who happen to be living in there now. I had to ask, just in case. :mrgreen:
Yep. None of them have been moved out since I've had some computer issues. If any catch your eye (not including any Latvians) then you're welcome to them. Eventually I'll start aging them out and such. I'm already aging out some random horses I had stored so they'll probably remain in those barns until these current ones are all retired.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

EclipticEnd wrote:...
Oh! I figured the ones you'd offered up must have already been aged out, and the ones in there now were new ones you were keeping. In that case, if you don't want to keep him, I'd love the Mongolian/Tarpan boy for Sorraia-making. :mrgreen:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm