Community Forum

Dressage shire topic!

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Dressage shire topic!

Post by JaycenUwU »

I've just started my first gen of shires (I think 3 so far) and I'm super excited, as theres no show ring type comps on here (as they're largely based on confo, colouring, and overall appearance) plus a bit of personality and movement, it'd be hard to judge, I'll be focusing on driven dressage, hunter, and of course dressage (although to try and stay true to breed, perhaps more driven dressage) hopefully I remember to actually keep updating this log :lol:
JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Re: Dressage shire topic!

Post by JaycenUwU »

So far I have around 13 first gen horses, I'm pretty happy with how they're looking considering I was using ac forest horses, I think the next step is to try and improve forest horses, and the recipe cross so the next batch of foundation ponies are higher HGP and looking more how I want (:
JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

Woo! I've done a lot since my last post and I'm really starting to see some horses I'm proud of, I started anew and forgot to move my og shires across for my main, I'll keep them around for fresh blood when coi gets too high, I've started hitting 60k HGP now and getting horses like this one
Face markings are tricky but I know they carry the Gene's for it as I get a random one pop up every now and then, I'm hoping to eventually get that classic bald face

JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

I'm seeing some real progress now, no coloured movement comments yet but!! I have my first natural mover comment with a 61 confo

I'm hitting 60k HGP a lot more with "fine mover" "easy on the eyes" and "moves with precision " being more common than not :D

JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

I am getting SO CLOSE, I've had a few green moves pop up now, one I've trained and entered in comps just to kinda gauge where I'm at, I've just had this lad pop and he's so close!

sweet little stocking boy
JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

I finally have my first shire with a green "floats" comment! I'm super proud, no white on this one, but I still have quite a few stars popping up, so I'll be crossing him to a mare that has or carries white markings

JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

As I've progressed, I've had a few horses with floats comments, and a couple Gold, and just now, ive had my first pictures comment in my shires! I'm super excited for this lil fella, as he also has a 5* shire eval

JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

I now have multiple studs competing and doing well, with at least 3 of them hitting 49-50% in player dressage comps, 2 of which have face markings and two front socks, which is huge for me! I've got a couple of horses that I crossed with my OG dressage lines (only 3) to try and help diversify but also still keeping up with my standards, I've now had 2 stallions with the pictures comment, the first is t competing as well as I want him to, so hopefully the second one will do better once hes trained (:
JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

Gosh has a lot changed, I've now got horses competing and titled in multiple disciplines, some with face markings and more interesting, some of my herd has decided to become show jumpers! I've never bred for that so I may roll with it and see what happens, and if they're bad I know they'll likely be okay western pleasure horses :lol: :lol:

Just a handful of my favourites so far :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am