Community Forum

The Million Dollar 6GEN Challenge! [Over]

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Vaxxine
Visit My Farm

Re: The Million Dollar 6GEN [or less] Challenge!

Post by Vaxxine »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:Could I clarify something as well? I have adoption center mares, however the stallion I'm using is a mixed stallion(a different breed, mixing in some better genes/higher GP/and greens). He is a [+4] full blood(another breed) but it took many generations to get that full blood stallion. Would that count for this challenge? Does it only count the 4 generations he has been full blood or does every generation up to the adoption center have to be counted? (if so that would be a very long line...)

Unfortunately your stallion would not qualify if any part of his pedigree is longer than 6 generations. Every generation will be counted regardless of breed/mix.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

I'm going to be sending out a newsletter within the next few days, would you like me to include a note about this challenge?
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mega »

yes
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Vaxxine wrote:
Rodeo_Ace wrote:Could I clarify something as well? I have adoption center mares, however the stallion I'm using is a mixed stallion(a different breed, mixing in some better genes/higher GP/and greens). He is a [+4] full blood(another breed) but it took many generations to get that full blood stallion. Would that count for this challenge? Does it only count the 4 generations he has been full blood or does every generation up to the adoption center have to be counted? (if so that would be a very long line...)

Unfortunately your stallion would not qualify if any part of his pedigree is longer than 6 generations. Every generation will be counted regardless of breed/mix.
Oh dear. :D
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Vaxxine
Visit My Farm

Post by Vaxxine »

larissar wrote:I'm going to be sending out a newsletter within the next few days, would you like me to include a note about this challenge?
Yes please, that would be great! Thank you for your support Larissar!
hdmcminn
Visit My Farm

Post by hdmcminn »

If you would like to sponsor a showcase, please fill in the following form:
Showcase #: 4
Name: Quarter Horse
Conditions: I will purchase the highest HGP Quarter Horse that is at least 3* for the breed with a COI under 60%.
Prize: $150,000
Sponsored by: Serenity Farms
irishrose
Visit My Farm

Post by irishrose »

Curious who's working on this?
kahielle
Visit My Farm

Post by kahielle »

Super stoked about this for sure! Count me in. Maybe I'll even break out of my sleek slender sighthound-y builds for this, haha!

I do feel it is worth mentioning, however, that by my interpretation of the rules of the contest some of the challenges are not actually possible in 6 generations. Since you need to also account for the generations that are taken up by cross-breeds to get to certain breeds, if I'm counting this right. For example: it takes five generations from foundation to breed a Sorraia, which would be eligible; but it takes seven to get to Andalusian as you must breed Sorraia crosses (which would then be sixth gen) to then breed together.
lessthanfish
Visit My Farm

Post by lessthanfish »

Oh this got extended?
Guess I'm giving it another go!!
Too bad I already got rid of all the 0% COI's I had from last month when I thought I missed the deadline....
Vaxxine
Visit My Farm

Post by Vaxxine »

Yeah, leave it to me to mess things up again! After reading my own rules I realized I had two dates listed. I went with the later date to be fair.

After the 6GEN challenge, the next million dollar challenge will be to take on the saddleseat world record! If anyone think's they will miss the deadline of NOV 11 for the 6 gen challenge, you can always start breeding your next saddleseat champion!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 1:03 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:03 am