Community Forum

What colour is the almost 2 year old filly?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Seranna
Visit My Farm

Re: What colour is the almost 2 year old filly?

Post by Seranna »

mileyo1 wrote:what can i do to add friend on the horse games
Sorry, I'm afraid I do not know but I think it's only premium users who can add friends or maybe it's not been added to the game.

Of your new horses, I like your Belgian one:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/732810
Seranna
Visit My Farm

Post by Seranna »

Raikit wrote:
Seranna wrote: Thank you so much. Smoky black with roan makes it look like a beautiful colors.
Part of the reasons I was confused about sorrel and chestnut especially if you add flaxen manes into the mix is because of two of my first horses from the adoption center as they also seem like different variations of chestnut. A few minutes or so after I first joined I chose these two from the adoption center:
Dewdrop:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/718977
She has darker chestnut on her face, chestnut mane, roan? on her body and lighter areas on her belly and legs. Is Pangare and Mealy the same thing or is pangare not mealy?
Sally:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/718065
One could say that she has a flaxen mane, perhaps.
You're welcome. And it is a very beautiful color. :)

From my own perspective I would consider both of those mares sorrel because they display plangare (the lighter areas on muzzle, fetlocks, stomach, around the eyes). And yes, Dewdrop is a chestnut/sorrel roan (sometimes called strawberry roan), but the lightness on her legs is caused by the pangare, as Sally shows off very nicely. And Sally is what I think most people's "classic" definition of sorrel looks like - pangare with a flaxen mane and tail.

Looking again, Dewdrop actually seems to be very lightly flaxen as well. There appears to be variation in how light flaxen actually causes the mane to be. For reference, this is one of my girls, whose mane and tail are lighter even than Sally's:
Thanks again. When I first chose them, Sally was first in a mostly identical range of the randomised? available horses. With Dewdrop when I first looked to get my third horse, they looked almost identical to Sally so browsed through the breeds then came back and Dewdrop appear. I was torn between choosing a slightly identical one or a slightly different one as chestnuts are one of my favorite real life horse colours.
Just comparing Sally to your horses image because I browsed through a thread/topic yesterday which mentioned how to post horse pictures.

Your horse mane does seem slightly lighter than Sally's. It's almost intriguing in a way.
I was confused with Dewdrop because I had seen a horse for stud which was a grey roan which looked a bit speckly on his body like Dewdrop.
I think I'll place flaxen sorrel for Dewdrop just to be slightly different even if it might be slightly incorrect,
Previewed it~looks like it worked. It's nice being able to do it successfully and I prefer on other sites useing the URl because some image hosting sites require your phone number which is far too personal for me.
mileyo1
Visit My Farm

Post by mileyo1 »

hey can i have a other horse that i have
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:56 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:56 pm