Community Forum

Leopard Patterns - Information and open discussion

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Leopard Patterns - Information and open discussion

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
She's actually just one of my leopards. My Knabs have lp in their lines, but I haven't worked on extended coverage yet. I'm focusing more on their stats right now. :D

Pretty boy! I like he has a sort of 'border-line' around the left edges of his body/legs and the mix of medium and tiny spots is cool.
She looks to be just right to eventually mix into your knabs. She really does look like what I'm used to seeing on the net. But I certainly agree that stats are important for purebreds. I'm just about ready to switch over to that for the tarpans, myself.

I want to keep the tiny flecks and their density (maybe even make it more dense), but I want the large spots to be less dense. It's difficult, but it's coming along.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

I wanted to share this super interesting foal I got with you all. He's a silver dappled black with a snow cap. I've noticed recently that with the progression of some (rather regrettable) in-breeding in my lines, bronzing and varnish have becoming stronger and happening earlier. This colt just happens to be born with a bit of bronzing already showing in his foal coat. He looks positively orange! :lol:

maisd-800309
Visit My Farm

Post by maisd-800309 »

Haha
maisd-800309
Visit My Farm

Post by maisd-800309 »

Are any of your Knabstruppers for sale??
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:I wanted to share this super interesting foal I got with you all. He's a silver dappled black with a snow cap. I've noticed recently that with the progression of some (rather regrettable) in-breeding in my lines, bronzing and varnish have becoming stronger and happening earlier. This colt just happens to be born with a bit of bronzing already showing in his foal coat. He looks positively orange! :lol:

That is interesting. But I'm unsure of whether that's a bronzing on the foal coat. I've had silver dapples come out close to this color already, like this one:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/854852
As a foal:

I'm certainly not saying that it's not bronze, but he does look like a silver dapple foal.

He is quite nicely colored. I like the orange on these horses, it's quite brilliant.
All In Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by All In Stables »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I don't know if it's been found out or discussed yet.
I've produced a couple snowflake carrier horses that didn't offer snowflakes until well after their first birthday. In fact, it wasn't until their fifth birthdays that I noticed that they had begun to come in.

Arguably, it could be their lighter coat that makes it much more difficult to see, but this could also mean that snowflakes could take extended time to come in as well.

Any further thoughts from our snowflake producers?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Raam401
Visit My Farm

Post by Raam401 »

Silverine wrote:He looks positively orange! :lol:

And what would look negatively orange, a Trump-colored horse with an extravagantly combed platine blond mane? :lol:
But to come back to a more serious theme, thanks for the thread, it's really helpful for us newbies.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

I did not see this logged in the thread already, so I wanted to share that Forest Horses offer the recessive gene necessary for the smallest snowflake size.

Here is a mare out of a mare from my own line that carries the gene, sired by an AC Forest stallion, and displaying the small snowflakes:

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:47 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:47 am