The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Training...???

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
HiLove
Visit My Farm

Training...???

Post by HiLove »

Hi love! I am SO confused about the training aspect of this game. I don’t know if I’m just stupid or something, XD but I’m hoping someone can help. Okay, so I’ll just talk about stamina, as an example. It says something like +1.5% to Stamina effect per level when training Stamina affecting activities. Like, what does that even mean? When it says per level, does that mean it only adds the bonus when I reach a new level? So it’s literally useless until I’m at a new level?? Please help!! LYBL! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Training...???

Post by BlackOak2 »

HiLove wrote:Hi love! I am SO confused about the training aspect of this game. I don’t know if I’m just stupid or something, XD but I’m hoping someone can help. Okay, so I’ll just talk about stamina, as an example. It says something like +1.5% to Stamina effect per level when training Stamina affecting activities. Like, what does that even mean? When it says per level, does that mean it only adds the bonus when I reach a new level? So it’s literally useless until I’m at a new level?? Please help!! LYBL! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm
So when we train our horses, each time we click that button, it applies a set amount of training onto that stat, so if it's training stamina and it says 3%, then the stamina stat will climb (approximately) 3 points. When we take lessons for that stat and it says 1.5% added stamina effect, it adds to our training another 1.5% on top of that original 3. Now for the little bit of confusing part. Once your skill learning in that area is done, you'l have a total of 40% in most of those stats. This doesn't mean that you'll add 40 points to the stat every time you train. It means that you'll have and additional 40% added to the base points that will be trained. [Yea, Math :| ]

Now for level, it's saying that 'that level' of stamina will apply that percentage addition onto all of your training. The 'next level' of stamina will apply another percentage.

Perhaps it's worded a little poorly.

Does that help?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HiLove
Visit My Farm

Post by HiLove »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HiLove wrote:Hi love! I am SO confused about the training aspect of this game. I don’t know if I’m just stupid or something, XD but I’m hoping someone can help. Okay, so I’ll just talk about stamina, as an example. It says something like +1.5% to Stamina effect per level when training Stamina affecting activities. Like, what does that even mean? When it says per level, does that mean it only adds the bonus when I reach a new level? So it’s literally useless until I’m at a new level?? Please help!! LYBL! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm
So when we train our horses, each time we click that button, it applies a set amount of training onto that stat, so if it's training stamina and it says 3%, then the stamina stat will climb (approximately) 3 points. When we take lessons for that stat and it says 1.5% added stamina effect, it adds to our training another 1.5% on top of that original 3. Now for the little bit of confusing part. Once your skill learning in that area is done, you'l have a total of 40% in most of those stats. This doesn't mean that you'll add 40 points to the stat every time you train. It means that you'll have and additional 40% added to the base points that will be trained. [Yea, Math :| ]

Now for level, it's saying that 'that level' of stamina will apply that percentage addition onto all of your training. The 'next level' of stamina will apply another percentage.

Does that help?
Yasssss!! Thank you so so much!!
HiLove
Visit My Farm

Post by HiLove »

BlackOak2 wrote:
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm

Does that help?
Hi love! Haha so it’s me again. I think I’m probably missing something, but I’m still super confused on the training aspect of this game. Using stamina as an example again, the stamina skill that you can “learn” says that by paying a certain amount of money, and waiting a certain amount of time, +1.5% to Stamina effect per level when training Stamina affecting activities will be... added on top?? However when I’m training some of my horses, the percentage that stamina is increasing by is far less than 1.5%, so clearly that percentage couldn’t have been added on top. For example, for one of my horses, the stamina percentage is usually increased by about 0.38% because of the training regiment I have her on. So... where did that extra 1.5% go?? Thanks for all your help. LYBL!! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HiLove wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Does that help?
Hi love! Haha so it’s me again. I think I’m probably missing something, but I’m still super confused on the training aspect of this game. Using stamina as an example again, the stamina skill that you can “learn” says that by paying a certain amount of money, and waiting a certain amount of time, +1.5% to Stamina effect per level when training Stamina affecting activities will be... added on top?? However when I’m training some of my horses, the percentage that stamina is increasing by is far less than 1.5%, so clearly that percentage couldn’t have been added on top. For example, for one of my horses, the stamina percentage is usually increased by about 0.38% because of the training regiment I have her on. So... where did that extra 1.5% go?? Thanks for all your help. LYBL!! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm
There was a discussion on this before. And interestingly, we came to the same conclusion. :lol: Or a similar one.

What it comes down to, it is not the training-per-button-push of each session, but the overall of the entire training of the stamina that gets that +1.5% added effect. I think the best way to understand it, is to think in the form of overall minutes that it takes. For example, if it takes a total of 100 minutes without any stamina skills learned, with just the very first +1.5% added effect, it will take instead 98.5 minutes instead.
At least... I think? My math skills are beginning to fail me a bit and something about that formula isn't sitting right with me, which probably means I have something about it wrong.

So it's the overall time scale that you should be thinking of and not the per-training-session (button push). It's also sometimes easier to wrap the head around it when you think like this:
No skills learned = ~ 7-9 years total training time
Half skills learned = ~ 4-6 years total training time
All skills learned = at or under 2.5 years total training time.

So, when you break down the +1.5% added effect over the entire session accumulation of stamina, it does break down to minuscule little segments on each training session.

Does that clear it up a bit more?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HiLove
Visit My Farm

Post by HiLove »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HiLove wrote:
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm
There was a discussion on this before. And interestingly, we came to the same conclusion. :lol: Or a similar one.

What it comes down to, it is not the training-per-button-push of each session, but the overall of the entire training of the stamina that gets that +1.5% added effect. I think the best way to understand it, is to think in the form of overall minutes that it takes. For example, if it takes a total of 100 minutes without any stamina skills learned, with just the very first +1.5% added effect, it will take instead 98.5 minutes instead.
At least... I think? My math skills are beginning to fail me a bit and something about that formula isn't sitting right with me, which probably means I have something about it wrong.

So it's the overall time scale that you should be thinking of and not the per-training-session (button push). It's also sometimes easier to wrap the head around it when you think like this:
No skills learned = ~ 7-9 years total training time
Half skills learned = ~ 4-6 years total training time
All skills learned = at or under 2.5 years total training time.

So, when you break down the +1.5% added effect over the entire session accumulation of stamina, it does break down to minuscule little segments on each training session.

Does that clear it up a bit more?
Yes! I really appreciate it BlackOak, and my apologies for getting back to you so late. :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HiLove wrote:
Yes! I really appreciate it BlackOak, and my apologies for getting back to you so late. :D
No worries. :mrgreen:
When a reply comes through, that's when it comes through. It's a game and can wait. 8-)

Just like to make sure the question is answered. :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 am