Community Forum

$1 Horse Offers??

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
ArcticDahlia
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

$1 Horse Offers??

Post by ArcticDahlia »

I put a mare up for sale a few minutes ago, and two people already tried offering $1... this is a pretty simple question, but what's that about? Does that mean something or do they really think I'm going to sell a horse for $1?
Jockey's Holding
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: $1 Horse Offers??

Post by Jockey's Holding »

ArcticDahlia wrote:I put a mare up for sale a few minutes ago, and two people already tried offering $1... this is a pretty simple question, but what's that about? Does that mean something or do they really think I'm going to sell a horse for $1?
This has been happening a lot lately to different players here. Most likely, the player is hoping that you misclick (if you are transferring a horse to one of your side accounts), and accept their offer over yours. I've almost done that a few times, and it is quite frustrating. Other players may be hoping that you are tricked into thinking that you are sending the horse to them for boarding, champing, or aging. So they offer the one dollar and hope that you get confused and accept. :roll: Still other players may actually think you will sell the horse to them for $1 or a slightly higher yet still ridiculously cheap price. It's frustrating, I know, but there's not a lot we can do about it right now. Just hang in there, and either decline those offers or ignore them if the player continues offering after you have declined.
"A racehorse is the only animal that can take several thousand people for a ride at the same time."
Jockey at No Surrender Acres, proud breeder of the Thoroughbred, Hanoverian, and Quarter Horse since 2018.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: $1 Horse Offers??

Post by BlackOak2 »

Jockey's Holding wrote:
ArcticDahlia wrote:I put a mare up for sale a few minutes ago, and two people already tried offering $1... this is a pretty simple question, but what's that about? Does that mean something or do they really think I'm going to sell a horse for $1?
This has been happening a lot lately to different players here. Most likely, the player is hoping that you misclick (if you are transferring a horse to one of your side accounts), and accept their offer over yours. I've almost done that a few times, and it is quite frustrating. Other players may be hoping that you are tricked into thinking that you are sending the horse to them for boarding, champing, or aging. So they offer the one dollar and hope that you get confused and accept. :roll: Still other players may actually think you will sell the horse to them for $1 or a slightly higher yet still ridiculously cheap price. It's frustrating, I know, but there's not a lot we can do about it right now. Just hang in there, and either decline those offers or ignore them if the player continues offering after you have declined.
This is true and is happening.
But I need to also remind of some senior players (I'm included in this), that are willing to sell an expensive horse for $1, after checking out the farm and doing some background checks. Though I will apply in the sale ad whether or not it's a newbie/returnee sale horse or not and falls under that ruling for me.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 1:39 pm

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:39 pm