The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Tips to make my mare lose weight?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Nelllie_
Visit My Farm

Tips to make my mare lose weight?

Post by Nelllie_ »

Heyyy ^^
I bought a mare a few days ago that is 'very fat'. Of course now I'm trying to get her to lose some weight, but something I seem to be doing wrong because she still hasn't lost a pound.
I'm still very new to the game so I don't really know how this all works yet, so I was wondering if you guys have some tips on how I can speed this up a bit?

I've already read a few guides on feeding, but it hasn't really gotten me anywhere. The mare just refuses to give up her lbs xD

I am happy about any advice :3
tatonka1233
Visit My Farm

Re: Tips to make my mare lose weight?

Post by tatonka1233 »

I would take her off of the sweet feed completely and only grass feed her. Once her weight starts coming down put her on Oats.
Star Meadows
Visit My Farm

Post by Star Meadows »

Nelllie_ wrote:Heyyy ^^
I bought a mare a few days ago that is 'very fat'. Of course now I'm trying to get her to lose some weight, but something I seem to be doing wrong because she still hasn't lost a pound.
I'm still very new to the game so I don't really know how this all works yet, so I was wondering if you guys have some tips on how I can speed this up a bit?

I've already read a few guides on feeding, but it hasn't really gotten me anywhere. The mare just refuses to give up her lbs xD

I sould put her in a barn and give her nothing
Star Meadows
Visit My Farm

Post by Star Meadows »

Star Meadows wrote:
Nelllie_ wrote:Heyyy ^^

I sould put her in a barn and give her nothing
Also is she pregant?
Nelllie_
Visit My Farm

Post by Nelllie_ »

Star Meadows wrote:
Star Meadows wrote: I sould put her in a barn and give her nothing
Also is she pregant?
Yes she's pregnant and I don't have a barn
Nelllie_
Visit My Farm

Post by Nelllie_ »

tatonka1233 wrote:I would take her off of the sweet feed completely and only grass feed her. Once her weight starts coming down put her on Oats.
Oh okay, I'll try that
Star Meadows
Visit My Farm

Post by Star Meadows »

Nelllie_ wrote:
Star Meadows wrote: Also is she pregant?
Yes she's pregnant and I don't have a barn
If she is pregant just wait for her to give birth(pop) and then she should be back to normal
Nelllie_
Visit My Farm

Post by Nelllie_ »

Star Meadows wrote:
Nelllie_ wrote: Yes she's pregnant and I don't have a barn
If she is pregant just wait for her to give birth(pop) and then she should be back to normal
But she was already 'very fat' before she got pregnant?
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

Post by shadowheart2006 »

Nelllie_ wrote:
Star Meadows wrote: If she is pregant just wait for her to give birth(pop) and then she should be back to normal
But she was already 'very fat' before she got pregnant?
Pregnancy shouldn't affect how fat a mare is, though I have had mares go from Moderately Thin to Thin while pregnant, so if anything she should lose weight. I'd go with what Tatonka said, and just remove all feed until she gets down to the weight you want. Then put her on oats or performance mix and make sure that she isn't getting too far over 100% feed, or she'll gain weight again.
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 am