Community Forum

The Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
h0rsey
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Re: The Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership

Post by h0rsey »

StallionLover wrote:ping
are you going to put -Bar K- Pure Hollywood Showman up for stud? If you do I would love to breed to him a couple times because he has amazing stats!
StallionLover
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

melanta wrote:
StallionLover wrote: Yes! I may need you to help :lol: I'm getting pretty busy and am not able to always get on. If you want to help with questions and maybe a monthly check in to see how everyone's programs are doing that would be great :D Now that we finally have enough members lol! Also any other suggestions for the group?
Yep, my help is long due (:
I think I will get myself busy with the monthly check in first thing. Just give me a couple of days to think on the form and content of it. Most probably, I will come up with smth on Friday, as I have a day off then..

Also, don't worry, I'll try to hop on here more often and help the members (:
I may also be less active sometimes due to work and uni stuff but I always return hehe
I will try to leave some kind of warning at times like that.

For now, I have enough time, so I'll think about some stuff for our club
You're the best :D
melanta
Visit My Farm

Post by melanta »

QHBR___NEWS ENTRY #1

Dear members!

First of all, thank you for taking part in the Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership (:
It’s really great to see that you all take interest in this little community, and I am so looking forward to working with you and watching our projects develop and grow.

Since the beginning, we had an idea to introduce a monthly check-in for the members. That would allow us to keep track of the recent achievements and events, share our work and, hopefully, feel more like a community (:
• How will the check-in look like? In its final form, every check-in will be a single post with information collected from different members and composed in one article/report. The admins will be responsible for collecting and processing the information.

• How can I take part in the check-in? For the members, the check-in form will look like a short questionnaire about you recent activity/projects (I will post it tomorrow for everybody). If you want to participate, this form has to be filled out and posted here, in this thread, before the 25th of the current month. After the 25th of each month, we collect the submitted information, write the check-in article and post it for all members to see.

• Is it obligatory to participate every month or even at all? No. If you don’t want to take part or don’t have such a possibility, it’s perfectly ok.

• Do I have to write a lot of text/describe everything in detail when I submit the form? No, you just have to indicate which horses or other aspects of your project you want to feature. For example, for the "New foals" section, you can just provide us with links - leave the rest to us (:
Of course, if you want to submit a detailed report or tell us what exactly you would like to highlight, we will always welcome your initiative!

• Will there be a little surprise in each check-in? Yep! Every month, we will choose a Quarter Horse that will be given special attention in the article. The reasons for the choice can be absolutely different: the horse’s achievements, looks, special traits, and so on. Besides the article, the image and information about your horse will appear in the top post of our Partnership in “The Quarter Horse of the month” section (that will be created) and will stay there for a month.
Eventually, I have an idea to organize a little awarding event for the most active members. As I see it for now, every three months, we can choose the most active member of the community based on their check-in reports (and our research). That member will be awarded with a sum of $500,000 and, again, a highlight in this thread.

This is an idea in my head, not a plan yet, so I still need to work on it (:

The check-in questionnaire with explanations will be posted tomorrow.
If you have any ideas, suggestions, or questions related to this topic, please post them here! I would be happy to hear them all.
h0rsey
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

melanta wrote:QHBR___NEWS ENTRY #1

Dear members!

First of all, thank you for taking part in the Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership (:
It’s really great to see that you all take interest in this little community, and I am so looking forward to working with you and watching our projects develop and grow.

Since the beginning, we had an idea to introduce a monthly check-in for the members. That would allow us to keep track of the recent achievements and events, share our work and, hopefully, feel more like a community (:
• How will the check-in look like? In its final form, every check-in will be a single post with information collected from different members and composed in one article/report. The admins will be responsible for collecting and processing the information.

• How can I take part in the check-in? For the members, the check-in form will look like a short questionnaire about you recent activity/projects (I will post it tomorrow for everybody). If you want to participate, this form has to be filled out and posted here, in this thread, before the 25th of the current month. After the 25th of each month, we collect the submitted information, write the check-in article and post it for all members to see.

• Is it obligatory to participate every month or even at all? No. If you don’t want to take part or don’t have such a possibility, it’s perfectly ok.

• Do I have to write a lot of text/describe everything in detail when I submit the form? No, you just have to indicate which horses or other aspects of your project you want to feature. For example, for the "New foals" section, you can just provide us with links - leave the rest to us (:
Of course, if you want to submit a detailed report or tell us what exactly you would like to highlight, we will always welcome your initiative!

• Will there be a little surprise in each check-in? Yep! Every month, we will choose a Quarter Horse that will be given special attention in the article. The reasons for the choice can be absolutely different: the horse’s achievements, looks, special traits, and so on. Besides the article, the image and information about your horse will appear in the top post of our Partnership in “The Quarter Horse of the month” section (that will be created) and will stay there for a month.
Eventually, I have an idea to organize a little awarding event for the most active members. As I see it for now, every three months, we can choose the most active member of the community based on their check-in reports (and our research). That member will be awarded with a sum of $500,000 and, again, a highlight in this thread.

If you have any ideas, suggestions, or questions related to this topic, please post them here! I would be happy to hear them all.
ooh sounds fun!
HorzeCollector003
Visit My Farm

Post by HorzeCollector003 »

melanta wrote:QHBR___NEWS ENTRY #1

Dear members!

Sounds good can't wait :)
Dakotamccurley7
Visit My Farm

Post by Dakotamccurley7 »

Does anyone have any QH with Facial markings that they would be willing to sell?
~Dakota McCurley~
h0rsey
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Dakotamccurley7 wrote:Does anyone have any QH with Facial markings that they would be willing to sell?
Sorry, I don’t
Dakotamccurley7
Visit My Farm

Post by Dakotamccurley7 »

h0rsey wrote:
Dakotamccurley7 wrote:Does anyone have any QH with Facial markings that they would be willing to sell?
Sorry, I don’t
OK thanks
~Dakota McCurley~
melanta
Visit My Farm

Post by melanta »

QHBR___NEWS ENTRY #2

Dear members!

Sorry for the delay with the check-in questionnaire.
I will now provide it in this post.

Here is the code of the questionnaire. Please use this form to submit information for the check-in:

Code: Select all

[b][size=130]Monthly check-in questionnaire[/size][/b]

[b]Month and year:[/b]

[b]The name of your farm/stables:[/b]

[b]New foals[/b]

[b]New studs[/b]

[b]New competition titles[/b]

[b]Personal achievements[/b]

[b]Other information[/b]
And here is a short info for what is expected. For each section, I described a minimum of what should be submitted. If you want to provide additional information, you are always welcome!

Please note that it is not obligatory to fill out every section. For example, if you do not have anything to write in the New competition titles section, just skip it.
Month and year
The month and the year for which the information provided is relevant.
For example: May 2020

The name of your farm/stables
Self-explanatory.

New foals
Provide links to your new foals. It’s okay if the foals have grown up by the time the check-in report is posted! The point of this section is to share your new horses.
Minimum: links to the foals you want to be featured

New studs
If you have submitted stallions for stud in QHBP last month, you can provide the links in this section.
Minimum: a link to the stud, the cost of stud and if the stud is only available for the members of QHBP
For example: Raven - 5000$ - AMO (Approved mares only)

New competition titles
If you horses have earned any titles last month, you can share it in this section.
Minimum: a link to the horse, the earned title, the type of event and the winning rate percentage (it’s okay if the winning rate changes by the time the check-in report is published)
For example: Raven - MGCh - Western Trail - 80.1%

Personal achievements
In this section, you can describe any type of achievements that you want us to tell about. It can be horses with high HGP that you bred, high winning percentage, 5* evaluation horses, horses of unusual colour, victories in contests, etc. - anything you want.
Minimum: a link to the horse and a description of the achievement

Other information
If you have anything else that you want to be featured in the report, write it in this section. It can be Quarter Horse-related competitions on HWO, links to good QH studs owned by players who are not memebrs of QHBP and so on.
Finally, if you want to participate this month, please submit the form by May 25.
If you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to write them here (:
h0rsey
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

melanta wrote:...
Monthly check-in questionnaire

Month and year: May 2020

The name of your farm/stables: River Ridge Stables

New foals
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2462550
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2450521 (he's already retired, but he had some pretty nice stats and a 5* quarter horse eval)

New studs
Hollywood Eclipse, $5,000, AMO ( https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2404111 )
Ima Stellar Story, $15,000 ( https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2301707 )
Perfect Sunset, $15,000 ( https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2306457 )

New competition titles https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2404111 has gotten so many in the last month in reining, cutting, working ranch, western trail, and barrel racing all in the past month! He's also the top reining horse in HWO!

Personal achievements https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2423641 is a TB that I bred who broke a pole bending L3 record, and he is my first record holder!

Other information viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23955 this is a quarter horse competition that I am hosting :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 am