Community Forum

Gymkhana Newsletter! Latest NEWS

h0rsey
Visit My Farm
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Re: Gymkhana Newsletter! Latest NEWS

Post by h0rsey »

Gymkhana August Issue #10

Announcements:
Welcome to the 10th Gymkhana issue! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns contact us in the Western Communications Forum. Also sorry this is two days late!

Barrel Racing

News:

There have been no records broken since our July issue!

Spotlight:

MFI Brown Widow ♀ is another one of Baranduin Brewster’s outstanding Appendix Quarter Horses. She is doing very well in barrel racing so far maintaining a 93.3% WPS. Another Appendix Quarter Horse excelling in barrel racing is MFI Never So Few ♂. It seems that the Appendixes and Masurens are always on top when it comes to barrel racing, such as ℬᏟᏕℛ 紅色復仇者, a Masuren colt bred by HorzeLover101 who does very well in barrel racing.

MFI Double Ought Desert Shot ♀

This gorgeous chestnut Appendix QH x Thoroughbred filly seems to be loving the barrels. Her dam is the incredible 【ℳℱinc.】 Ought To Go ♀, and sire is pole bending superstar 【ℳℱinc.】 Sahara Desert ♂. Her win percentage in barrel racing is 99% and she is a master champion out of 102 starts.

Pole Bending

News:

I don’t think there have ever been this many pole bending records broken in just one month! On August 1st. ~DB4E~ Burning Sprite broke the L2 record with a time of 27.38! He then broke the L1 record, to 27.5, the L10 record with a time of 27.32, the L7 record with a time of 27.34, and then the L6 record with a time of 27.44. {ℛℛε} Red Fox got 27.49 and broke the L5 record, and then went on to break the L8 record to 27.47.

Spotlight:

~DB4E~ Choco Horse is a lovely Thoroughbred stallion doing well in pole bending. Another Thoroughbred, {W} Burning Man is also proving himself as a pole bender. Or this beautiful stallion, SLRL Toxin R, has done fine in pole bending too.

~DB4E~ Burning Sprite

Burning Sprite is a phenomenal flaxen chestnut Part Thoroughbred colt who has gotten amazing times. This new record holder is the new fastest pole bender on the game, breaking his grandsire ∰ Bizness de Whyle -- 53* 10* 0* 16 -- 27.41‘s L10 record of 27.41, and changing it to 27.32! His sire is ~DB4E~ Burning Insteller, whose gotten times under 28 seconds. No wonder why this colt is so great. He is also related to ◇Red Bandit◇, who is his great-great grandsire. Bandit is also the sire of record holder {ℛℛε} Red Fox. Burning Sprite is definitely a pole bending legend!

Western Pleasure

News:

On July 19th, {RRS} Scotch’s Blue Sky broke his father’s L8 record to 62.49, but that didn’t hold for long when {ℛℛε} Scotch Sneaks Revenge broke his record with the same score on August 3rd. That same day, he broke his own record to 62.99, almost 63! Just a couple days ago, M Buff 288|67,8 {EDH} got 63.25 and broke the L6 record!

Spotlight:

American Warmblood ƑƐ Photobook has been doing nice in western pleasure, getting scores over 60. Quarter horse colt SF Silver Gold Warlock has also gotten really good scores, over 60. Tilney has also started off his WP career with amazing scores. In the spotlight is

SF Gold Ghost

another Quarter Horse who has proven to be extraordinary in western pleasure. He maintains an incredible win percentage of 97.4%, and he has gotten multiple scores in the 60-61 range. This palomino dun also has green movement, one of the most important stats to have when it comes to western pleasure. That’s not all, but this stallion also has 70k HGP, which is extremely rare for a quarter horse!

Rising Star

MFI Sa'hra Desert ♀

is a beautiful chestnut Appendix QH filly sired by 【ℳℱinc.】 Sahara Desert ♂. This filly is doing amazing in pole bending, barrel racing, cutting, and reining!

Extras

Again no extras this issue. Contact me in the Western Communications Forum if you would like to advertise yourself in next month’s newsletter!
h0rsey
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Gymkhana September Issue #11

Announcements:
Thanks for reading The Gymkhana Monthly newsletter! If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, make sure to visit the Western Communications Forum. Enjoy!

Barrel Racing

News:

Bitapetrone’s ∰ Shambler de Whyle -- 53* 52* 35 30+ -- 21.03 broke the L2 record on September 11th with an incredible time of 21.18, the very next day he broke his own record with a new time of 21.13, and the L1 record with a time of 21.03. Just today, Shambler broke the L10 record with a time of 21.05!

Spotlight:

✦✧LC✧✦ The Fox is a gorgeous Thoroughbred x Quarter Horse colt bred and owned by lemoncypress. He does extremely well in pole bending, but he does seem to be a good barrel racer as well. Part Thoroughbred colt ᦔ᥇4ꫀ Master Gun is not only a pole bending star, he’s also a great barrel racer. And of course, I chose Bitapetrone’s new barrel racing RH for the spotlight.

∰ Shambler de Whyle -- 53* 52* 35 30+ -- 21.03

This wonderful Grade Horse stallion holds 3 records (L1, L2, and L10) in barrel racing, and he is already a master grand champion. He is keeping an astonishing win % of 100%, out of 138 starts! Not only that, but he also has 53 agility, which is really good. In barrel racing, you want agility, speed, strength, and balance, which this stallion has perfect barrel racing stats.

Pole Bending

News:

If there was a record for the amount of records broken in one month, pole bending would definitely break it. There have been 10 records broken just this month in pole bending! ᦔ᥇4ꫀ Roade Runner claimed the L6 record on August 29th, to 27.36. His brother ᦔ᥇4ꫀ Master Gun broke the L1 record on September 1st, and the L4 record on September 9th. Then on September 13th, ✦✧LC✧✦ The Fox broke the L4 and L5 records with a time of 27.44.∰ Hawkwood de Whyle -- 57* 48* 0* 30+ -- 27 broke 5 records just today (how is that even possible?!) and is now the fastest pole bender on the game. His best time so far is 27.02, his L3 record.

Spotlight:

I couldn’t help but notice these two incredible fillies! ✦✧LC✧✦ Lightning Fox 00:27.57 is probably the fastest pole bending mare/filly on the game! She has gotten 27.57 and was so close to breaking a record holder! There’s no doubt that this mare will be the dam of some really good pole benders. Ruby Red Runner- 00:27.66 seconds is an amazing mare bred by HorzeCollector003. She may be the 2nd fastest pole bending mare/filly on this game, she has gotten 27.62! Who knows, maybe she’ll be the dam of a record holder! ɬཞʂɬც The Spotted Fox -- 55* 35 22 -- 0:27.76 seconds, is a Thoroughbred colt who has a low win percentage, however he does have really good times. However, Bitapetrone holds the spotlight again.

∰ Hawkwood de Whyle -- 57* 48* 0* 30+ -- 27

This colt is a Grade Horse, and has broken 5 records in just one day! He has good win percentage of 85.2%, and is already a master champion. Hawkwood is the fastest pole bender on the game, his best time is 27.02, his L3 record. His sire is 57* 48* 0* 27+ -- 27.07, who is also the sire of Bitapetrone’s barrel racer, ∰ Shambler de Whyle -- 53* 52* 35 30+ -- 21.03. Also, Hawkwood and Shambler look so much alike it’s like your looking at the same horse :lol:

Western Pleasure

News:

{ℛℛε} Scotch’s Night Fury broke the L4 record on September 3rd.

Spotlight:

Quarter Horse colt Champagne Magic has been doing well in western pleasure. Bitapetrone’s (yes, another Bitapetrone horse) ∰ Lowrider de Whyle -- 0* 57* 49 38* -- 63.7 is still kicking butts in western pleasure, his best score is 63.7 (his L10 record).

[A] Light up the Night

Is a Friesian x Trakehner stallion with green movement and 68k HGP. He also has great western pleasure scores, and a win percentage of 83.7%. He is bred by Aubergine and is at stud for only 50k.

Rising Star

The rising star for this issue is lemoncypress’s new RH,

✦✧LC✧✦ The Fox

This beautiful Thoroughbred x Quarter Horse colt not only does extremely well in pole bending, but is also a great barrel racer! His fastest pole bending time is 27.44, and he has gotten multiple barrel racing times under 22 seconds!
ExRaceHorseChamp
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by ExRaceHorseChamp »

Not sure why but I enjoy reading this all.
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

October 15, 2020 Gymkhana Newsletter!

Announcements:

Thanks for reading The Gymkhana Monthly newsletter! If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, make sure to visit the Western Communications Forum. Enjoy!
No records were broken this month, so keep that in mind!
Barrel Racing
SPOTLIGHT:

{SH} Foxfire

I've gotta say, this colt does have a talent for Barrel racing! He has a win% of %98.4 and a best time of 00:21.42! I really don't mean to brag about him but wow he is good :lol:
RISING STAR:

{RRS} Docs Silent Silver

This Quarter Horse colt seems to enjoy running 21 second times, and with a win percentage of %96.5, plus a best time of 00:21.57, it seems like he has a great career ahead!

Pole Bending
RISING STAR:

00:28.12 seconds

Wow. This colt is doing very well, with a high win% of %90.5 and with a Bombproof temperament! He could truly be a good competitor, and if not, then he will surely be a great stud!
SPOTLIGHT:

{SH} Foxfire

Yes indeed! I'm not just saying this since I bred him, but Foxfire is smashing this discipline! With a best time of 00:27.31, faster than his Level 2 RH, a high amount of 27 second times, and a win percentage of almost 90%, he is quite the Pole Bender!
Westen Pleasure
SPOTLIGHT

{ℛℛε} Scotch’s Night Fury

Dang, this colt is good! He has a very high win% of %92.2, and SO MANY 60+ scores in Western Pleasure, plus a Level 4 record! Great job with him h0rsey!
RISING STAR

{RRS} Scotch's Blue Magic

(Fake sigh) h0rsey you are too good! This colt has a %77.5 win%. With a smashing best score of 60.9, he's truly the great Western Pleasure horse!
EXTRAS

Unfortunately, there are no extras this month :( Contact us in the Western Newsletter Communications Forum if you want to advertise something for next month's issue!
"I can't make it go away by making you a villain"
h0rsey
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Gymkhana November Issue #13

Announcements

I will be writing the Gymkhana newsletter for this month! Again, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, to contact me in the Western Communications Forum.

Barrel Racing

News:

There haven't been any barrel racing records broken in the past month.

Spotlight:

ℒℋ Docs Hollywood Road Runner is sired by a RH in pole bending, but this colt seems to prefer barrel racing. He has a great WPS in the discipline and times under 22 seconds as well. ⚔ℜ⚔ Cherokee Fiddle is another new barrel racer, who is already a master champion with an 88% WPS and good times as well. And of course, {SH} Foxfire~00.27.29~00:21.42 is doing amazing in barrel racing, he has an exact 99% WPS in barrel racing and is a master grand champion. Not only that, but he is an amazing pole bender as well. Plus, he has a really cute bumble bee costume!

|R&E| Hollywood's Mountain

Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred colt Hollywood's Mountain is proving himself as an excellent barrel racer. He is a master champion and has a 98.1% WPS. On top of that, he has 59 agility and is sired by ♕♥ Hollywood's Pride~ 00:21.49~ 00:21.7, who was a SMGC in barrel racing.

Pole Bending

News:

No records broken in pole bending in the past month.

Spotlight:

Thoroughbred filly {THTB} Red Runner is turning into a great pole bender. She is already a grand champ and has a 91.2% WPS. Thoroughbred colt ✦✧LC✧✦ Fox Mountain is also doing great in pole bending, as well as Golden Gun. Another Thoroughbred getting good times in pole bending is Nuclear Exchange, who is a master champion in the discipline with a perfect WPS.

{THAB} Timeless

This Thoroughbred x Arabian colt is a SMGC in pole bending. He has a WPS of 87.4%, and has some decent times as well. He has proven himself as a great pole bender, and is bred by Thundering Horses.

Western Pleasure

News:

A lot has happened in the past month in western pleasure! On October 22nd, [A] Ultraviolet Stomp broke the L8 record with a great score of 63.69. The very next day, he claimed the L7 record with a score of 63.09 and not very long after that, he claimed the L10 record with a great score of 63.94! Ultraviolet Stomp also broke the L9 record for 63.84 not too long after that. November 4th, [A] Golden Oldie decided to break the L4 record with his score of 62.77. On the same day, he became the first horse to score over 64, breaking his great grandfather's L10 record with a score of 64.07! That didn't last for too long though, when [A] Debonair broke the L5 record on November 12th and [A] Priority Rush broke the L8 record with a score of 64.19! Finally on November 16th, [A] Priority Rush broke the L10 record for 64.18.

Spotlight:

Trakehner stallion ꫝ Anaxagoras is doing great in WP, witha 95% WPS. Quarter Horse stallion SF Quarter's Grey November is a master champion in the discipline with a 97% WPS. Or there's Quarter Horse mare Unnamed Horse, who is getting some decent scores in WP.

[A] Golden Oldie

This Trakehner x Friesian stallion is the first horse in the game to ever score over 64! He currently holds the L4 world record and previously held the L8 and L10 records. This brown dun is a master grand champion in western pleasure, and has a WPS of 97.3%. He also has a beautiful 65 movement confo and a total of 67k HGP.

Rising Star

ℒℋ Docs Hollywood Road Runner

This beautiful flaxen chestnut colt is a Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred cross, with a great barrel racing heart. This colt has a 92.1% WPS in the discipline and is sired by famous pole bender ᦔ᥇4ꫀ Roade Runner. Docs Hollywood Road Runner has great potential as a barrel racer!

Extras

Check out the Fillies Championships to win some great prizes!

Make sure to contact h0rsey if you would like an advertisement in the newsletter. Thank you!
h0rsey
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Gymkhana December Issue #14

Announcements

Welcome to the 14th issue of the Gymkhana newsletter! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, make sure to post it in the Western Communications Forum, not here. Sorry if this release seems kind of rushed, I also have to do the working ranch and english non eventing newsletters yet today or tomorrow.

Barrel Racing

News:

Again, there haven't been any barrel racing world records broken in the past month.

Spotlight:

ℬᏟᏕℛ 模仿傑伊 is one of HorzeLover101's Masuren record holders in barrel racing. This flaxen chestnut colt is a master grand champion in the discipline and has a 97.1% WPS. Thoroughbred colt ᵀˢᴳWhite-Eyed is also doing very well in barrel racing, with a great WPS of 95.2% and a champion title.Nuclear Exchange is also a serious barrel racer, as a supreme grand champion in the discipline and an 87% WPS.

This flaxen chestnut Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred colt is the son of ᦔ᥇4ꫀ Roade Runner, who is a pole bending RH and also has some pretty good barrel racing times. This beautiful colt has a supreme champion title in barrel racing, and has a WPS of 96.5%. Not only that, but he has some incredible times and is dominating barrel racing competitors.

Pole Bending

News:

On December 6th, {SH} Foxfire~00:27.29~00:21.42 broke the L8 pole bending record with a great time of 27.29!

Spotlight:

Thoroughbred filly {THTB} Red Runner is already a master champion in pole bending and has a great WPS. ♘ Preach ♘ - 10:12.45 is also having a great start in pole bending. ↤↤↤ 【ℛ 】Almond Dixie ↤↤↤ is a Thoroughbred stallion with a great WPS in pole bending. He is a champion in the discipline with a 92% WPS.

Nuclear Exchange

This gorgeous grullo blanket Thoroughbred stallion is a master grand champion in pole bending, and has some great times to! Nuclear Exchange has a 98.6% WPS, and only has 138 starts. He is also doing great in barrel racing, cutting, and cross country!

Western Pleasure

News:

On December 3rd, [A] Golden Oldie broke the L10 WP world record, with a score of 64.21. He then broke his own record just two days later, this time with a score of 64.43. On December 6th, he broke the L10 record once again with a score of 64.73, and the L9 with a score of 64.93! $ℱ~ Midnight's Blue Moon broke the L2 record with a score of 63.57 on the 13th, and came back yesterday to break the L2 record again with a score of 63.97, the L3 record with a score of 63.27, and the L4 record with a score of 64.17!

Spotlight:

[A] Gold Mov. Train has a great start in western pleasure. He has scored over 63 and he is only a champion so far. Friesian x Trakehner stallion [A] Sledgehammer is also getting great western pleasure scores, and has an 80% WPS. [A] Dazzle 'em is another one of Eugene's amazing western pleasure horses, with multiple incredible scores.

$ℱ~ Midnight's Blue Moon

This absolutely beautiful blue roan grade colt currently holds the L2, L3, and L4 world records. His best score so far is 64.17 and he has a grand champion title in western pleasure. Midnight's Blue Moon has a 90.9% WPS in western pleasure, and only has 66 starts. Congratulations, Sawd10 on breeding this magnificent horse!

Rising Star

1034 RSÆ Shadow's Echo Granite

This greying chestnut mixed Akhal-Teke stallion is doing very well in both barrel racing and pole bending. Not only does he have good times, but he also is a grand champion in pole bending and a master champion in barrel racing. Shadow's Echo Granite is also doing amazing in multiple other disciplines.

Extras

Make sure to check out the HWO Newsletter Advertising if you would like an advertisement in the newsletter!
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Gymkhana Issue #15, January 2021

Announcements
Hello, welcome to the 15th issue of the Gymkhana Newsletter! It's an honor to write this and an honor that you're giving a piece of your time to read this. If you've been reading the past newsletters (if not then welcome!) then you'll know that I'm a new writer.
I'm Sawd10 and I'll be writing the upcoming Gymkhana Newsletters. I suppose there isn't much more I need to say about myself since most already know me. Besides, the Gymkhana Newsletters aren't about Sawd10!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do not post it here. Post it in the Western Communications Forum and we'll get back to you.
Barrel Racing

News
There have not been any records broken in Barrel Racing for 5 months now- and one, in which, was broken 1 year ago!
Spotlight

Touch The Eclipse, bred by melanta, is a Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred mix stallion that has only run 25 times and has won first in 21 of them! He's got a 92% WPS, and has already acquired the Grand Champion title! With a best time of 21.75, I don't think we'll stop seeing this horse coming out on top for a while!

Unnamed Horse #2769729

This wild bay dun varnish Thoroughbred x Quarter Horse mix stallion bred by Emlyn and owned by h0rsey is a Supreme Grand Champion in Barrel Racing (as well as a Supreme Champion in Cutting and Master Champion in Reining) with over $300,000 in earnings and over 350 starts! He's got an astonishing 79.8% WPS and a score of 22.33! I don't know about you but I'm excited to see what's to come of this horse!
Pole Bending

News
No records have been broken in Pole Bending this month.
Spotlight

Yet another horse bred by h0rsey, {ℛℛε} Red Fox is showing everyone what's what in Pole Bending this month! This AMAZING chestnut tobiano Pole Bending record holder has over 850 starts, over 600 of them he scores 1st place in, over $1,250,000 in earnings, 40,000 points, and an AWE-INSPIRING 94.6% WPS.
This horse has proved his worth time and time again, for sure.

{THAB} Select

Not this time, h0rsey! This time there's an upcoming star from Thundering Horses. Select is a Master Champion in Pole Bending, with over $60,000 in earnings, over 70 starts, and a sturdy 94.5% WPS! I think, personally, that this Perlino Tobiano Thoroughbred x Arabian filly has something special to offer to the competitions!
Western Pleasure

News
On January 3rd, 2021 66k/4stat/calm/ 69-34-34-40 broke the level 5 Western Pleasure record with a solid 64.41, and just a day later on January 4th, 2021 ℬᏟᏕℛ Aithusa broke the Western Pleasure level 7 record with an incredible score of 64.45! Not too long after, ℬᏟᏕℛ Aithusa broke the Western Pleasure level 8 record with a score of 64.65- his best record yet!
I took charge and hosted some high pot auto-recurring Western Pleasure competitions levels 9 & 10. The first one, $ℱ~ Weekly Western Pleasure 9, is a level 9, 100k (BASE) purse with a 50k entry fee. The second one is a much larger pot competition. $ℱ~ Weekly Western Pleasure 10 has a $1,000,000 pot (BASE) and a 500k entry fee.
Spotlight
h0rsey proves their Gymkhana worth once again with their horse, Unnamed Horse #2858385! This horse has got the champion title already, and he's barely in! He has over 45 starts and a really solid score of 62.13. He has a WPS of above 95% which is amazing. I'll be keeping my eye on this one!

ℬᏟᏕℛ Aithusa

I do not even need to say anything at all about this beautiful grullo record holder bred by HorzeLover101! Aithusa has over 115 starts, more then $135,000 in earnings, and more firsts then seconds or thirds! He's got a great score of 64.65, and I don't know when that'll be broken! Congratulations on breeding this beauty, HorzeLover101.
Rising Star

{RRS} Night Moves

This lovely grullo quarter horse bred by h0rsey has quite the heart to offer the Western Pleasure competitions. Standing with over 30 starts and an exceptional 96% WPS, Night Moves does indeed have the moves. He also happens to be h0rsey's first gold movement, so congratulations to them! We've yet to see him with scores in the 60's.
Interview with HorzeLover101
Because HorzeLover101 has bred such amazing Western Pleasure mixes these past 2 months I asked to interview her. I have my questions in BOLD and her answers in quotes. A big thanks to her for cooperating!

What's the backstory of your project?

[quote]I was looking to breed Fresians again. I happen to look in the market and found some. Eugene was selling some and I bought a few. I crossed some with my old lines and others I bred anew. I then crossed those and got what I was going for. It was a just a stroke of luck that I decided to buy that day and not any other day, it was meant to be. :lol: And actually I was breeding them for Hunter. Which I do breed them for Hunter, Driven Dressage, Western Pleasure and Dressage. So they are well rounded. Here in the next few days I will have come coming out in Cross Country, too.[/quote]

Were you off to a good start or was it rough to get in the groove and requirements?

[quote]It took off well. I didn't expect it to go as smoothly as it did. So I was surprised. Her lines meshed together with mine very well.[/quote]

What was your first achievement with these lines?

[quote]My first achievement was getting gold movement, tempo and balance. The first foal born is what gave me that. So I was very lucky[/quote]

What was your original idea for the project?

[quote]The original idea was to breed more Hunter Friesans. But that then changed and I just breed a variety of comp horses[/quote]

What was your first record holder from these lines?

[quote]Aithusa was the first RH from this new generation line.[/quote]

And how did it feel when he broke a record?

[quote]I was actually surprised. I didn't think he would but he did... Then he broke it again and again and again. He has been on a role[/quote]

And what about your other record holder? Did he surprise you or did you expect it from him?

[quote]I expected him to get RH since his confo and BR called for it. Though I'm really surprised he hasn't gotten more records then he has already.[/quote]

Do people often ask to breed to or buy from your lines?
[quote]Somewhat. Generally people ask to buy from my lines but when I'm willing to sell they say the price is too expensive. I sell public lines for way cheaper but they never relate to my current lines. If they relate to my current lines the price will be resulted from comp results, BR, confo, color and heart %. so it all depends. :) I generally sell them between 500k-1mil and the breeding fees are 250k-1 mill depending[/quote]

Do you ever plan on studding (privately or publicly) Aithusa and/or 66k/4stat/calm/ 69-34-34-40?

[quote]I probably won't stud them out unless there is a decent gap in record times. Thus he will be retired and be used to breed and produce future offspring[/quote]

If you could have one thing in your lines, what would it be? It can be anything.

[quote]I would probably say more color. The BR and confo are already excellent so I'm just missing a bit of color. I would love to have full Leopard large spot coat Friesans. Sounds crazy but would look amazing.[/quote]

Extra interview info:
ℬᏟᏕℛ Mushu - first horse bred

Extras
A huge thank you to HorzeLover101 for agreeing to answer the interview questions! The interview makes the newsletter a lot better. :mrgreen:
I think that writing the newsletter was really fun! I'll definitely be making the upcoming ones. How did I do? Comments? Questions? Tell me here. Thank you so much! Happy 2021 everyone.

-Sawd10
A wise man once said nothing at all.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Gymkhana Issue #16, February 2021

Announcements

Welcome to the 16th issue of the Gymkhana Newsletter! Sorry this is somewhat late, I wanted to post it on Valentine's Day. If you have anything to say, please do so in the Western Communications Forum and I'll get back to you.
Thank you for your time!

Barrel Racing

News

There have been no Barrel Racing records broken this month.

Spotlight

Unnamed Horse bred by Frost and owned by Distortion is a beautiful Thoroughbred stallion that has had over 25 starts in Barrel Racing and has won first place in 15 of them! He has over $28,000 in earnings, and a solid 96% WPS, which is a great start. His best run is a whopping 21.48! He's not too far off from the records, and that being said, his WPS is probably going to be above 90% for a while.

{RRS} Docs Radical Sign

h0rsey once again flexes a great Western Quarter Horse. This beautiful Silver Smoky Cream colt was competed in a few different competitions but he didn't show as good results in any of them as he did in Barrel Racing. Docs Radical Sign runs 21 in Barrel Racing often, and in one of his newest competitions results he ran 21.53. He has had about 110 starts, and he's placed 1st in 82 of them! Not to mention he has an awesome 97% WPS... He also has earned h0rsey2 more than $165,000... and a good name in the Western competitions! Haha...

Pole Bending

News

Thanks to Farant I've got something to write about! :mrgreen: Farant's horse Для якутов is a small part Thoroughbred x Masuren stallion which currently holds the level 9 Pole Bending record! If you want to break this cute little Smoky Cream Tobiano's record you're going to have to breed a horse that can pole bend faster then 27.42 seconds! I think that Для якутов is going to hold his record for a while. He's also earned FarantSide more then $2,500,000!
Congratulations on this amazing horse, Farant!

Spotlight

Western Melody, or Silv, is a handsome Thoroughbred stallion bred by GYPSY HORSE LOVER101 and owned by Itsmeyourgirl0123 that actually does pretty well in Pole Bending. Though his main competition is Barrel Racing, I've also found that he doesn't do half bad in Pole Bending, either.
Although he only has a 74% WPS, he's got 90 starts and has placed 1st in 21 of them, which is not bad to say the least. One of his newest fastest times is 28.07 which isn't far off. He's also earned them over $20,000!

ж 54 41 40 мл калм ген

ж 54 41 40 мл калм ген is yet another small Thoroughbred x Masuren mix bred by Farant. This cute Perlino Tobiano has over 170 starts and has placed 1st in over 40 of them. He's also earned FarantSide over $3,200,000 and has an incredible 89% WPS! With a recent great score of 27.61 this horse probably won't leave the Pole Bending competitions for a while.

Western Pleasure

News

No new records have been broken this month. And once again, I host a weekly Western Pleasure competition with a big pot! $1,000,000 pot (BASE), 500k entry fee, level 10. Join the competition!

Spotlight

I usually don't spotlight my horses but there weren't too many this month. $ℱ~ Midnight's Blue Moon has a 94% WPS, over $4,400,000 in Western Pleasure earnings, 613 starts in which he has placed 1st in 290 of them, and he has over 19,000 points.

نه روزل شوی او نه زیږیدلیMy Last Farewell

This cute little Friesan x Trakehner is a Grand Champion in Western Pleasure which is bred by _Americanaa_ and owned by BlackOpalsHolding. He has an 100% WPS in Western Pleasure and, although he only has 35 starts, he's placed first in 28 of them! نه روزل شوی او نه زیږیدلیMy Last Farewell is definitely an astonishing competitor that BlackOpalsHolding owns!
Congratulations on breeding this horse, _Americanaa_, I can't wait to see what's to become of him.

Rising Star

Unnamed Horse #2924348

This 62 speed Smoky Cream Quarter Horse bred by h0rsey & owned by their side, Blue Roan only has 9 starts in Pole Bending, but he has placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in all of them! Heavy on the firsts, too. 5 out of 9 are firsts! His current fastest is 27.76, which is quite close to the current records! I'm excited to see if he'll score faster!

Extras
As always, thank you for giving a chunk of your time to read this! How did I do? Comments? Questions? Tell me here.
Thank you, and happy Valentine's Day!
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Gymkhana Issue #17, March 2021

Announcements

Welcome to the 17th issue of the Gymkhana Newsletter, reader! In four days Horse World Online (this version) will be 8 years old! :P
If you have anything to say, please do so in the Western Communications Forum and I'll get back to you.
Thank you for your time!

Barrel Racing

News

No new records have been broken this month.. though I am seeing some breeders working towards it!

Spotlight

R&R Rowdy Side Kick is a a handsome part Gypsy Vanner x Quarter Horse colt who seems to be mainly competed in Show Jumping, but does not do bad in Barrel Racing, either. With 24 starts, Rowdy Side Kick has a 91.7% WPS and 11 firsts. Not a bad start for this guy. He's almost a champion in Barrel Racing, and one of his best times is 22.17.

Road Runner is a Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred mixed colt bred by Leopard Horse and owned by Leopard Horse3. This beautiful Flaxen Chestnut is rocking the Barrel Racing competitions! He's got over 240 starts in Barrel Racing and has placed first in 165 of them. He's got an astonishing 96.7% WPS, and he's showing that off well. One of his best times is 21.59, which is very close to the records. Keep working towards that record, Leopard Horse, so I've got something to write about in the announcements! :)

Pole Bending

News

No new records have been broken this month.

Spotlight

~BCS~ Bright Chance is a pure Thoroughbred mare owned by Blyke (and bred by Whitedemon097) that seems to be doing well in Pole Bending. with 48 starts and an 83.3% WPS, Bright Chance does have a chance in these competitions. Out of 48 competitions she's placed first in 20 of them. She has over 920 points and $19,000 in earnings. I've seen this horse before... somewhere, I just can't pinpoint it. :P
{ℛℛε} Red Fox

Previous Pole Bending Record Holder Red Fox is a beautiful Chestnut Thoroughbred bred and owned by h0rsey. I'm amazed at this horse every time I see it. He's got over 61,000 points, 1,340 starts (which he's placed first in 913 of them?!) and a 95.1% WPS. That's one well-bred horse.

Western Pleasure

News

Spotlight

Unnamed Horse is a pure Quarter Horse colt bred and owned by h0rsey. He has 43 starts, and he's placed first in 23 of them. He has won over $19,000 for h0rsey2, and he has over 700 points. This new competitor has some possibility in this discipline, with a 93% WPS as well as a well-rounded score of 62.86!
Another Unnamed Horse bred and owned by h0rsey is doing well in competitions, too. He has only 26 starts, but has placed first in 14 of them, and is up keeping a WPS of 96.2%. He's earned h0rsey over $17,000... and what a handsome colt he is!
Zugzwang 52

This stunning Seal Brown bred and owned by Eugene is another one of their well known Friesan x Trakehner mixes. He's got an 87.1% WPS and over $10,000 in earnings. With only 31 starts, he's placed 16 in first of them, which is a good, balanced start. One of Zugzwang's good scores is 62.79, which is steady.

Rising Star

Funky Break 53

Yet another stallion owned by Eugene, Funky Break has a mere 23 starts in Western Pleasure, but has placed first in 16 of them and has an 100% WPS! He has earned Eugene over $23,000 and also has acquired over 350 points. One of his good scores is 63.16, which is above-average.

Extras
Thank you for your time! If you have anything to say to me please do so here.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Gymkhana Issue #18, April 2021

Announcements

Welcome. In April's Newsletter we have an exclusive interview with Eugene, the well-known Dressage, Driven Dressage, and Western Pleasure breeder!
If you have anything to say, please do so in the Western Communications Forum and I'll get back to you.
Thank you for your time!

Barrel Racing

News

No new records have been broken this month. How drab.

Spotlight

Hidalgo's Akhal-Teke & Quarter Horse mix ✴H✴ Kaa is a handsome Silver Dapple stallion that has been doing very well in these past Barrel Racing competitions. He has a best local time of 00:21.91 which is not too far off from the records. He has a Master Champion title, a lovely 97.1% WPS, and 47 out of 69 firsts. One of his more current great times is 21.83.
✴H✴ Pasta la Vista

Not only am I in love with his name, he also does very well in Barrel Racing. What a win-win! Pasta la Vista has a 93.9% WPS, a Master Champion title, 61 out of 82 starts, and over $30,000 in earnings. One of his newest good runs is 21.77 which is closer to the records than the other. Hidalgo's horses are dominating the Barrel Racing competitions this month!

Pole Bending

News

Spotlight

Hmm... So a mare decides to show up this time around! Yet another one of Hidalgo's proven competitors, ✴H✴ Left In the River is one from both Retsi's lines (hey! I trained River Styx!) and Hidaglo's lines. This lovely pure Thoroughbred mare is a solid Seal Brown, making her all the more beautiful. It looks like she was bred for the Racing competitions, but she also does well in Pole Bending, naturally. At this time she only has a Grand Champion title, but she has 60 starts and is weighing heavy on the firsts and seconds. She also has been earning Hidalgo some money ($30,000), which is nice considering the fact that the stud fee was probably high since the stud is quality. She has a 96.7% WPS, and quite fantastically, one of her newest great times is 28.05.
{ℛℛε} Red Fox

This Record Holder bred and owned by h0rsey has still be dominating the competitions. He still amazes me, even being a previous Record Holder. He has over 71,000 points, Over $2,200,000 in earnings, over 1,600 starts (placed first in more than 1,100 of them!), all while maintaining a 96% WPS! This colt really has proved himself, but h0rsey still is not done showing him off. Haha. One of his newest amazing times is 00:27.66.

Western Pleasure

News

Spotlight

Hidalgo really has some great competitors this month! Entering the competitions this time is ꫝ Anaxagoras, a generation 2 Trakehner. This beauty of a stallion has the 'Fine Hornacorn of Balance' equipped, raising the Movement and Balance by 1. He also has the best Movement comment on top of this. He has a Master Champion title in Western Pleasure (so he is fairly new in this), over $55,000 in earnings, a 95.7% WPS, and 66 firsts out of 141 starts. One of his newest notable scores is 62.05.
ƑƐ Espresso

I have been keeping my eye on this competitor. He is doing amazing in Dressage, and Fallon tried their hand in Western Pleasure, and he showed well. He has earned Fallon over $760,000 earnings in Western Pleasure, and this is out of 91 starts (57 firsts). It also has a 96.7% WPS. It is safe to say that is above-average. One of Espresso's good scores is 64!

Interview with Eugene

A big thank you to Eugene for cooperating! I am glad we could get this interview through before the due date for this Newsletter.

When did you start these lines?
[quote]A little over a year ago now in January 2020.[/quote]

What is the backstory of your project?
[quote]I purchased a NAB mare named Wishful Thinking who performed decently at dressage. I guess you could say she's the base of the entire line, though she really only contributed one foal to it. From there I just kept thinking 'Surely they can do better than that, the IRL world record is 94.3% these scores are ridiculous', and worked at it until I was consistently getting green movement and higher scores. Western Pleasure didn't come into the picture for a while, from what I remember I kept getting bombproof foals and figured they might do well there.[/quote]

Was it a rough start? Did it take off better than you expected?
[quote]Looking back it was actually fairly smooth sailing at the beginning, but at the time it felt like there was no progress at all. Movement is a pain in the neck to breed for, and every time I started getting green movement consistently something would happen to set it back again (usually a plague of colts). There also was (and continues to be) a lot of plateauing, and not a lot of other lines on the market to draw from. At that point pinging someone and asking to stud to their lines seemed like the Most Terrifying Thing Possible, and so I didn't.[/quote]

Who was your first Record Holder?
[quote][A] Bump in the Night, L. 9 Driven Dressage 07/30/2020[/quote]

What is one of your favourite fully trained horse colours?
[quote]Seal Brown, I just think they look very dapper.[/quote]

Which discipline do you prefer? Dressage, Driven Dressage, Western Pleasure?
[quote]Dressage definitely, though IRL Driven Dressage is my favourite.[/quote]

When you got the messages that your first Western Pleasure Record Holder broke records how did it feel?
[quote]It was a weird mix of excitement and resignation. On the one hand I was feeling great, I just broke that record that's awesome. But immediately afterwards it was more of a why hasn't this happened with dressage yet type of feeling, bc as cool as it was, it was not what I had spent 7-8 months working on.[/quote]

Who is your favourite Record Holder? (Western Pleasure)
[quote][A] Ultraviolet Stomp. I like his name.[/quote]

Do people often ask to buy from your lines or breed to studs?
[quote]Not super often actually. The majority of my studs are up all the time anyway, so it's not really an issue.[/quote]

If you could have one thing in your lines what would it be? It can be anything.
[quote]For all of them to magically become horse type overnight. I am so tired of squanch medium-heavy ponies.[/quote]

Do you ever plan on picking up another project or another breed?
[quote]I may switch over to show jumping, but it will be a while yet before that happens. I've sunk a year into beating the L. 10 dressage record, might as well see it through to the end.[/quote]

Favourite Western Pleasure Record Holder?
[quote]HH Amazing is pretty cute.[/quote]

Favorite western pleasure mare? Why?
[quote][A] Blame it on the Girls. She wasn't the best producer, but she tended to score fairly well. She lived to be almost 40 yo, so I got very accustomed to seeing her while scrolling around. Her being named after one of my favorite songs helps too, since every time I saw her in the pasture or barn or whatever that song would pop into my head.[/quote]

Do you have a horse for sale that others may find useful you no longer need?
[quote]All the time! Check out this barn, where all my stallions go to age out.[/quote]

Rising Star

Unnamed Horse #2824956

This generation 1 Quarter horse bred by h0rsey is a stunning Cherry Bay who excels in Western Pleasure. Although only highlighted in green, he has the second best Movement comment, and the confo for that is 66. He also has great HGP- 66.7k! He only has 23 starts in Western Pleasure, but he has maintained an 100% WPS and is weighing heavy on firsts. His current best score is 60.39.

Extras

Again, a thank you to Eugene for agreeing to doing the interview. They gave some good insight on their project! Make sure to check out that barn of horses for sale they linked.
Thank you for joining! If you have anything else to say, please do so here.
To get an advertisement in the Newsletter, check here.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 8:32 am

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:32 am