Community Forum

Community Reminders

PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Community Reminders

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So I've been noticing a few things that have been happening quite often. I'd like to address these issues and remind everyone of these. If you have anything related to any of these reminders and/or something to add onto, feel free to post below.

Transferring horses to a side account or to another player

When transferring horses to a side account or to another player, make sure that you use the private sale only option. This will help prevent the horse going to the wrong account/player as well as double checking that the offer you're accepting is the right one. If a horse was to be accidentally sent to the wrong player, the new owner has the right to refuse to sell the horse back to you.

Edit: Even if you put "transfer only do not buy" on the sale ad, not everyone on here knows English. I know we have some players who know Russian, some know German, and some know Greek. So even if you put "do not buy", not everyone will understand what it means. Also not every player finds the horse through the sale ad.
Private studs

So I've noticed players have been using private studs without permission. You do have the right to use the studs even if they are private BUT it would be respectful and considerate of you to ask and get permission before you try to use private studs as this is one of two main ways to prevent these issues. Not all players post private stud everywhere so double check that it doesn't say private stud somewhere. Another way to prevent this issue is to have the private stud up for a short amount of time or for a really high price. If a private stud is used, on purpose or by accident, the owner of the mare(s) that was(were) bred to the private stud technically are allowed to do whatever they wish with the foals BUT it would be respectful and considerate of you to either rehome the foal(s) or sell the foal(s) to the owner of the private stud that you used.
Constantly asking a player for horses and/or services.

Another common issue. Remember that the player who owns the horse/business has the right to say no to anyone. Anyone has the right to say no to a player offering to buy a horse that they own. Same thing goes with any services that any players provide. If you constantly ask for a service or a horse, you can annoy players. Remember that no means no.
Where is the correct place to post certain topics

"Announcements" Forum
- Talk about anything that the admins announce.

"General Chit Chat" Forum
- Training related posts
- Champing related posts
- Aging related posts
- Mare popping related posts
- Boarding related posts
- Other random things

"Contests" Forum
- Anything that is a contest or a competition

"What Colour Is My Horse?" Forum
- Questions on what color your horse is
- Helping players with their horse's(s') color
- Color identifying guides

"Comments and Suggestions" Forum
- Suggestions that you have to add to this game
- Comments you have about the game
- say your opinion on someone's suggestion(s)/comment(s)

"Breeding Communities" Forum
- Informational posts about certain breeds
- Main forum for clubs and/or associations that breed certain breeds
- Horse registries

"Farm Logs" Forum
- Informational posts about your farm/ranch, your breeding goals, clubs you're in, etc.

"Horses for Sale" Forum
- Posting any horses you're selling
- Asking a player if they'll sell a(some) horse(s) to you
- Post that you're looking to buy a certain horse

"Stallions at Stud" Forum
- Posting any horses you're studding out
- Asking a player if they'll let you stud a(some) horse(s) to you
- Post that you're looking to stud to a certain horse
- Studbooks

"Gameplay Questions & Help" Forum
- Questions about how the game works
- Answering someone's question to how the game works

"Guides & How To" Forum
- Posting guides on how to do certain things

"Bugs and Errors" Forum
- Posting if you've noticed something isn't working correctly
Hijacking Topics

Hijacking someone's topic is where you post something completely unrelated to the topic of the first post. Like asking someone to buy your horse on someone's training forum or posting a stallion for stud on someone's sale forum. There are more like posting your horses for sale on someone's sale forum or posting your stallions for stud on someone else's stallions for stud forum, something like this is considered to be kind of rude especially if you know how to create your own topic. Try to create a new topic if you want to post something that's not related to the original first post. The author of the first post has the right to ask you to not post on the forum that they first created. It's very respectful and considerate to create your own topic for something that doesn't belong on someone else's topic.
The COPPA Laws and restrictions

The COPPA laws say that any one under 13 shouldn't be allowed to post without a parent's/guardian's permission first. This rule is there to protect the younger community from potentially harmful things. If the law were to find out a player was evading the COPPA laws, they can potentially shutdown the game temporarily or even permanently shut the game down. If you're under 13 and want to post freely in the forums and get onto chat, you need to have your parent/guardian send in a permission form.

Spamming

Spamming the forums/chat is where you repeatedly post the same emoji, word(s), letters, symbols, etc. Spamming the forums/chat can annoy other players and when asked to stop, it is respectful and considerate to stop spamming.

Edit: Please make sure you follow these to prevent drama and chaos from happening to make this game more enjoyable for everyone! :D
Last edited by PeacefulOreo on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jockey's Holding
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Community Reminders

Post by Jockey's Holding »

PeacefulOreo wrote:...
Thanks for taking the time to put this together! I think we could all use this reminder right now. :)
"A racehorse is the only animal that can take several thousand people for a ride at the same time."
Jockey at No Surrender Acres, proud breeder of the Thoroughbred, Hanoverian, and Quarter Horse since 2018.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Jockey's Holding wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:...
Thanks for taking the time to put this together! I think we could all use this reminder right now. :)
No problem and definitely! :D
greenpaint
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by greenpaint »

PeacefulOreo wrote:So I've been noticing a few things that have been happening quite often. I'd like to address these issues and remind everyone of these. If you have anything related to any of these reminders and/or something to add onto, feel free to post below.

Transferring horses to a side account or to another player

When transferring horses to a side account or to another player, make sure that you use the private sale only option. This will help prevent the horse going to the wrong account/player as well as double checking that the offer you're accepting is the right one. If a horse was to be accidentally sent to the wrong player, the new owner has the right to refuse to sell the horse back to you.
Private studs

So I've noticed players have been using private studs without permission. You do have the right to use the studs even if they are private BUT it would be respectful and considerate of you to ask and get permission before you try to use private studs as this is one of two main ways to prevent these issues. Not all players post private stud everywhere so double check that it doesn't say private stud somewhere. Another way to prevent this issue is to have the private stud up for a short amount of time or for a really high price. If a private stud is used, on purpose or by accident, the owner of the mare(s) that was(were) bred to the private stud technically are allowed to do whatever they wish with the foals BUT it would be respectful and considerate of you to either rehome the foal(s) or sell the foal(s) to the owner of the private stud that you used.
Constantly asking a player for horses and/or services.

Another common issue. Remember that the player who owns the horse/business has the right to say no to anyone. Anyone has the right to say no to a player offering to buy a horse that they own. Same thing goes with any services that any players provide. If you constantly ask for a service or a horse, you can annoy players. Remember that no means no.
Where is the correct place to post certain topics

"Announcements" Forum
- Talk about anything that the admins announce.

"General Chit Chat" Forum
- Training related posts
- Champing related posts
- Aging related posts
- Mare popping related posts
- Boarding related posts
- Other random things

"Contests" Forum
- Anything that is a contest or a competition

"What Colour Is My Horse?" Forum
- Questions on what color your horse is
- Helping players with their horse's(s') color
- Color identifying guides

"Comments and Suggestions" Forum
- Suggestions that you have to add to this game
- Comments you have about the game
- say your opinion on someone's suggestion(s)/comment(s)

"Breeding Communities" Forum
- Informational posts about certain breeds
- Main forum for clubs and/or associations that breed certain breeds
- Horse registries

"Farm Logs" Forum
- Informational posts about your farm/ranch, your breeding goals, clubs you're in, etc.

"Horses for Sale" Forum
- Posting any horses you're selling
- Asking a player if they'll sell a(some) horse(s) to you
- Post that you're looking to buy a certain horse

"Stallions at Stud" Forum
- Posting any horses you're studding out
- Asking a player if they'll let you stud a(some) horse(s) to you
- Post that you're looking to stud to a certain horse
- Studbooks

"Gameplay Questions & Help" Forum
- Questions about how the game works
- Answering someone's question to how the game works

"Guides & How To" Forum
- Posting guides on how to do certain things

"Bugs and Errors" Forum
- Posting if you've noticed something isn't working correctly
Hijacking Topics

Hijacking someone's topic is where you post something completely unrelated to the topic of the first post. Like asking someone to buy your horse on someone's training forum or posting a stallion for stud on someone's sale forum. There are more like posting your horses for sale on someone's sale forum or posting your stallions for stud on someone else's stallions for stud forum, something like this is considered to be kind of rude especially if you know how to create your own topic. Try to create a new topic if you want to post something that's not related to the original first post. The author of the first post has the right to ask you to not post on the forum that they first created. It's very respectful and considerate to create your own topic for something that doesn't belong on someone else's topic.
The COPPA Laws and restrictions

The COPPA laws say that any one under 13 shouldn't be allowed to post without a parent's/guardian's permission first. This rule is there to protect the younger community from potentially harmful things. If the law were to find out a player was evading the COPPA laws, they can potentially shutdown the game temporarily or even permanently shut the game down. If you're under 13 and want to post freely in the forums and get onto chat, you need to have your parent/guardian send in a permission form.

Spamming

Spamming the forums/chat is where you repeatedly post the same emoji, word(s), letters, symbols, etc. Spamming the forums/chat can annoy other players and when asked to stop, it is respectful and considerate to stop spamming.
Last edited by greenpaint on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

greenpaint wrote:Thank you! It’s so amazing that someone cares! :D

No problem! :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

You know I'm always for these things. :mrgreen:

Remember community, if you ever have a question about the correct forum to post a topic, ask in the questions forum!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Emlyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

PeacefulOreo wrote: :D
Like Jockey's Holding thank you for taking the time to do this. I do need to admit I have caught myself *Cough Cough* doing the forum reminder a few times (thank you, Veterinarian). But they were mainly "my head wasn't screwed on right" (meaning I wasn't thinking XD). Again thank you for making this!
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Emlyn wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote: :D
Like Jockey's Holding thank you for taking the time to do this. I do need to admit I have caught myself *Cough Cough* doing the forum reminder a few times (thank you, Veterinarian). But they were mainly "my head wasn't screwed on right" (meaning I wasn't thinking XD). Again thank you for making this!
You're welcome and no problem! :D
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

I'm bumping this
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »