Community Forum

HOF 2: Under the Stars Contest - WIN $100k

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

HOF 2: Under the Stars Contest - WIN $100k

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Under the Stars Contest

Hi all,
I have decided to host a contest again. Now you all may be think is odd but I do not like the Varnishing gene but have decided to make a contest for it in hopes that I will begin to like it. The contest is named Under the Stars because the Vanishing gene tends to have an effect on the horse’s coat that makes it look like there are stars on them. I am allowing 2 entries per person (if you have a side account please specify, but please do not submit 2 horses from each account). I have listed details below:

Details:
~ Start: Jul. 25th, 2019
~ End: Aug. 1st, 2019
~ Results: August 2nd, 2019
~ 1st Place: $100k
~ 2nd Place: $75k
~ 3rd Place: $50k
~ Runner Up: $25k

Requirements:
~ Horse MUST contain varnishing gene (no greying gene)
~ Horse must be 3 years of age or older (adult coat)
~ Purebreds will have a higher chance
~ Preferably NOT of the Arabian horse breed since many have this gene, but will be accepted

Higher Chance of Placement:
~ If the horse is Black and has gene
~ If the horse is Grullo and has gene
~ If the horse is Blue Roan and has gene
~ If the horse has a Spotted Blanket
~ Tiger Eye gene

Example of Varnish Gene

* PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS MESSAGE I HAVE NOTIFICATIONS ON FOR THIS THREAD *

~ HOF 2
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: HOF 2: Under the Stars Contest - WIN $100k

Post by Katy_Kanes »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1960095
He is being trained right now, so I don't TECHNICALLY own, him but I'll get him back. Also, look at his old pictures from his gallery, I believe he is Varnish. If not please correct me.
Training Services
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Training Services »

I don't know if she's a varnish...
Thunder

I'll search for one more!!
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Hello! Thanks for the info, I now have my choices!
Username: Sawd10
One: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1622301 I think he has pretty varnishing.
Two: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1934890 He Also has pretty varnishing. :)
Last edited by Sawd10 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uralym
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Uralym »

Hello!
I'm not after the prize, just want to share some varnish horses that look rather pretty (well, at least I like the expression of varnish on their coats - totally like some cosmic nebula :D ).

Bars

Iprit
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Hello everyone,

I am sorry that I am late on posting these results. Things have been crazy and I haven’t had free time to do much. Thank you for your patience but here are the results,

1st Place ($100k):
Uralym wrote: 1st Place
I have chosen him as first place winner because he has the Grulla base with varnish making his coat look like the galaxy. Also the mohawk mane is definitely something I absolutely love and find to be rather rare. He is overall good looking horse and deserves 1st!

2nd Place ($75k):
White Rose Ranch wrote: 2nd Place
I have placed him as second place because his coat is also very stunning. I love how the varnish gene made his coat darker in some areas and the Buckskin part shines through. His blanket and Tiger eye help pop out the color which I find to be very stunning. He too is a amazing looking horse and deserves 2nd!

3rd Place ($50k):
Sawd10 wrote: 3rd Place
I have placed him as third place because he does have a nice coat but the varnish snowflakes only showed up on his face. I do love how his coat is two-toned as well and his cute spotted blanket on his rump. He too is a stunning horse and deserves to be placed 3rd!

Runner Up($25k):
Katy_Kanes wrote: Runner Up
I have placed him as Runner Up because he has a stunning coat as well but not very many freckles. I do like his coat color and looked back on his photos and love to see how the bay went from bright to washed out. His blanket is very cute as well. He deserves to be placed as Runner Up for sure!

I did the best I could to judge them fairly and give my reason as to why I chose them in that specific order. Winners please post me a rehomeable horse (please make sure the horse doesn't have offspring or any mares pregnant to him).

~ HOF 2
walnut the hamster
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by walnut the hamster »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am sorry that I am late on posting these results. Things have been crazy and I haven’t had free time to do much. Thank you for your patience but here are the results,

1st Place ($100k):
Uralym wrote: 1st Place
I have chosen him as first place winner because he has the Grulla base with varnish making his coat look like the galaxy. Also the mohawk mane is definitely something I absolutely love and find to be rather rare. He is overall good looking horse and deserves 1st!

2nd Place ($75k):
White Rose Ranch wrote: 2nd Place
I have placed him as second place because his coat is also very stunning. I love how the varnish gene made his coat darker in some areas and the Buckskin part shines through. His blanket and Tiger eye help pop out the color which I find to be very stunning. He too is a amazing looking horse and deserves 2nd!

3rd Place ($50k):
Sawd10 wrote: 3rd Place
I have placed him as third place because he does have a nice coat but the varnish snowflakes only showed up on his face. I do love how his coat is two-toned as well and his cute spotted blanket on his rump. He too is a stunning horse and deserves to be placed 3rd!

Runner Up($25k):
Katy_Kanes wrote: Runner Up
I have placed him as Runner Up because he has a stunning coat as well but not very many freckles. I do like his coat color and looked back on his photos and love to see how the bay went from bright to washed out. His blanket is very cute as well. He deserves to be placed as Runner Up for sure!

I did the best I could to judge them fairly and give my reason as to why I chose them in that specific order. Winners please post me a rehomeable horse (please make sure the horse doesn't have offspring or any mares pregnant to him).

~ HOF 2
You should do this again I wanted to enter a horse but I was late.
The home of the derpy horses!!!!!!!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

walnut the hamster wrote:
I will do something like it again for sure!

~ HOF 2
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 24, 2024 8:23 pm

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 8:23 pm