Thank You
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: AN ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ

Post by Mlloftus »

Very much agreed. It's always annoying when someone uses your stud but I always try not to get upset :roll:
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Thundering Muppets
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundering Muppets »

I agree Thank you
RacingTB1974
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by RacingTB1974 »

_TBLegacy_ wrote:Recently their has been problems with players using other players private studs, and this is an issue that NEEDS to be discussed. Many players get very upset when their best stud has been used by someone other then themselves or the player they are allowing him to be studded to. I will not personally call anyone out for any of the following behavior, as I want them to receive no hate.

If you see a stud up for stud and it says "Private" or any thing indicating it is a private stud DO NOT USE IT. In a argument a few months ago a player had a stud up for sale and asked the other players to not use her stud again. The player did not demand they pay her, re home the foal, or give them the foal, She simply asked them to just not to do that again and pay better attention to horses stud listing. One of the players that used the private stud responded "Hey- If it is a private stud, why is it listed publically? I saw that it said private, but because it was posted publically I assumed that it was public temporarily. You may want to clarify that in your posting." As most of use know that the approving mare option is not yet available, the player was informed about this and was still up set and felt it was the studs owners fault. SOOO the lesson form this is dont get angry if you used a private stud and get asked not to do it again. The Studs owner handled this situation as it should be handled, and even when the user of the stud got angry still remained calm and did not get upset. So if you use a private stud be careful and check to make sure it is not a private stud you can do this by ping or Private Message if you have a Premium Account, or if you know it is a private stud you can ask if you can use it, but don't be upset if they say no.

NOW I have seen many people get defensive over other people using their private studs and getting angry. A bad example of this (Which happens often, and I will not be quoting their words exactly so i dont get attacked). A player had a stud up that was private and another player used the stud when it was clearly marked private and not to use. The owner of the stud told the player to either re-home the foal or sell it to them. THIS IS NEVER the right way to go about it. I understand that the stud is your horse and your private lines and you don't want anyone else to use it, yes I get it. Instead you can inform them that the stud they used was private and NOT to use it again and make sure they check to see if it a private stud. You could ask if they would sell it to you (NEVER ASK THEM TO RE-HOME) if they did want to keep it not sell the foal to anyone else or if it is a colt up for private stud. I WILL REPEAT NEVER PUT THE PLAYER IN A SITUATION WHERE THEY WILL ALWAYS LOOSE THE FOAL. It could make the player feel defensive.

A few weeks ago another player spoke about purposely using private studs just to start drama. Players can get banned from doing this as this against the rules and is considered starting drama. Be a decent human being and not do this.

Another play spoke to me about this issue these are their words quoted and from what I learned about the situation is true. " Once I did put my horse for stud so I can use him from my other account WITHOUT AGING HIM and I wrote PRIVATE STUD PLEASE DONT USE but still some players didn't bother to ask or pay attention to what I said and they bred their mares to my stud not 1 not 2 but 10 times before I even get the time to use it! and i had to AGE HIM so I can breed my mare to him. I said nothing to the player because they have the right to use it in the rules way (since nothing bans it in the rules and the mare approval thing isn't working yet) but i got upset for like 2 mins and forgot about it just not to make drama!"

SO THIS IS YOU ANNOUNCEMENT THANKS, AND NO MATTER WHICH SIDE OF ISSUE YOU ARE ONE ALWAYS RESPECT THE OTHER PERSON.
Thank You-
_TBLegacy_
Yes 100% agreed!! Most of them say, oh i didn’t see it or i didn’t realize it, but they do, and it gets quite anoying when it happens multiple times. I’m pretty sure HWO is coming out with a approved mares only feature, so that would be good!! :D
FantasyRanch2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch2 »

This happens all the time. The main thing is to stay calm and not be mean. When youa re mean you never get what you want.

I had a player use one of my studs and i really wanted his foals to be pure breeds but he was crossed to a different breed. Instead of getting mad i sent a ping explaining what happened and offed to give them a different horse a pure breed in exchange for the foal being rehomed. The player agreed and took my horse for the foal. And that was the end oof that.

Also another thing that had happened to me is i pinged the player and they got mad and said "it was on the market so i can use it" so now i don't like doing business with them and try not to.

Another one i see often is one player pings a player for using the prive stud and the one who was pinged is rude and mean. But then you read ona little and find out it was a sibling on your account and not them and they try to make up for what the sibling did.

So i guess don't use privet studs. And if you ping a person for useing one be nice and polite. NOT mean and aggressive.

Mean and rude never get you anywhere.
_TBLegacy_
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by _TBLegacy_ »

FantasyRanch2 wrote:This happens all the time. The main thing is to stay calm and not be mean. When youa re mean you never get what you want.

I had a player use one of my studs and i really wanted his foals to be pure breeds but he was crossed to a different breed. Instead of getting mad i sent a ping explaining what happened and offed to give them a different horse a pure breed in exchange for the foal being rehomed. The player agreed and took my horse for the foal. And that was the end oof that.

Also another thing that had happened to me is i pinged the player and they got mad and said "it was on the market so i can use it" so now i don't like doing business with them and try not to.

Another one i see often is one player pings a player for using the prive stud and the one who was pinged is rude and mean. But then you read ona little and find out it was a sibling on your account and not them and they try to make up for what the sibling did.

So i guess don't use privet studs. And if you ping a person for useing one be nice and polite. NOT mean and aggressive.

Mean and rude never get you anywhere.
Yes, I agree we cant be mean to get what we want!
_TBLegacy_
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by _TBLegacy_ »

kat_2009 wrote:
_TBLegacy_ wrote:Recently their has been problems with players using other players private studs, and this is an issue that NEEDS to be discussed. Many players get very upset when their best stud has been used by someone other then themselves or the player they are allowing him to be studded to. I will not personally call anyone out for any of the following behavior, as I want them to receive no hate.

If you see a stud up for stud and it says "Private" or any thing indicating it is a private stud DO NOT USE IT. In a argument a few months ago a player had a stud up for sale and asked the other players to not use her stud again. The player did not demand they pay her, re home the foal, or give them the foal, She simply asked them to just not to do that again and pay better attention to horses stud listing. One of the players that used the private stud responded "Hey- If it is a private stud, why is it listed publically? I saw that it said private, but because it was posted publically I assumed that it was public temporarily. You may want to clarify that in your posting." As most of use know that the approving mare option is not yet available, the player was informed about this and was still up set and felt it was the studs owners fault. SOOO the lesson form this is dont get angry if you used a private stud and get asked not to do it again. The Studs owner handled this situation as it should be handled, and even when the user of the stud got angry still remained calm and did not get upset. So if you use a private stud be careful and check to make sure it is not a private stud you can do this by ping or Private Message if you have a Premium Account, or if you know it is a private stud you can ask if you can use it, but don't be upset if they say no.

NOW I have seen many people get defensive over other people using their private studs and getting angry. A bad example of this (Which happens often, and I will not be quoting their words exactly so i dont get attacked). A player had a stud up that was private and another player used the stud when it was clearly marked private and not to use. The owner of the stud told the player to either re-home the foal or sell it to them. THIS IS NEVER the right way to go about it. I understand that the stud is your horse and your private lines and you don't want anyone else to use it, yes I get it. Instead you can inform them that the stud they used was private and NOT to use it again and make sure they check to see if it a private stud. You could ask if they would sell it to you (NEVER ASK THEM TO RE-HOME) if they did want to keep it not sell the foal to anyone else or if it is a colt up for private stud. I WILL REPEAT NEVER PUT THE PLAYER IN A SITUATION WHERE THEY WILL ALWAYS LOOSE THE FOAL. It could make the player feel defensive.

A few weeks ago another player spoke about purposely using private studs just to start drama. Players can get banned from doing this as this against the rules and is considered starting drama. Be a decent human being and not do this.

Another play spoke to me about this issue these are their words quoted and from what I learned about the situation is true. " Once I did put my horse for stud so I can use him from my other account WITHOUT AGING HIM and I wrote PRIVATE STUD PLEASE DONT USE but still some players didn't bother to ask or pay attention to what I said and they bred their mares to my stud not 1 not 2 but 10 times before I even get the time to use it! and i had to AGE HIM so I can breed my mare to him. I said nothing to the player because they have the right to use it in the rules way (since nothing bans it in the rules and the mare approval thing isn't working yet) but i got upset for like 2 mins and forgot about it just not to make drama!"

SO THIS IS YOU ANNOUNCEMENT THANKS, AND NO MATTER WHICH SIDE OF ISSUE YOU ARE ONE ALWAYS RESPECT THE OTHER PERSON.
Thank You-
_TBLegacy_
Yes 100% agreed!! Most of them say, oh i didn’t see it or i didn’t realize it, but they do, and it gets quite anoying when it happens multiple times. I’m pretty sure HWO is coming out with a approved mares only feature, so that would be good!! :D
I am really excited fro the approved mare only feature as well!
_TBLegacy_
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by _TBLegacy_ »

BUMP
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 23, 2024 8:46 am

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:46 am