Community Forum

Struggling to figure out the color.

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Bergstaden
Visit My Farm

Struggling to figure out the color.

Post by Bergstaden »

Hello, i am struggling to figure out what color my horse really is. I know she is Champagne, but that's where my knowledge ends :( I'm guessing she's got either cream or pearl, or both? Double dilute?

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3561648

I hope the link works, when I tried the coding [ horse=1234]Horses Name[/ horse](with the correct name in the middle and no spaces) a deceased red horse with a completely different name showed up. Am I doing something wrong or does it not work? :?: :oops:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Struggling to figure out the color.

Post by BlackOak2 »

Bergstaden wrote:Hello, i am struggling to figure out what color my horse really is. I know she is Champagne, but that's where my knowledge ends :( I'm guessing she's got either cream or pearl, or both? Double dilute?

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3561648

I hope the link works, when I tried the coding [ horse=1234]Horses Name[/ horse](with the correct name in the middle and no spaces) a deceased red horse with a completely different name showed up. Am I doing something wrong or does it not work? :?: :oops:
:)
Okay, you see your code: [ horse=1234]Horses Name[/ horse]
That number: 1234
Belongs to an actual horse here on the site, albeit a rather early horse.

Do you see your link now though: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3561648
That number at the end?: 3561648
That's called the horse ID number. This is the number you wanted.
[ horse=3561648]Horses Name[/ horse]

So it'll look like this:

And if you put your horse's name in there as well:
Bergstadens Champagne

So, now. These AC horses can be a bit difficult at times, especially because they have no foal picture. But I think I agree with you. You definitely have the champagne down. And I think I agree that this is a double triple dilute (the champagne is considered one of the dilutes). It also appears it's a bay (differently colored lower legs, although this isn't a tell-all, in this case, it's a clue). And there's also roan.
Although, because this is a triple dilute, this silver hair is more likely due to the dilution and not actually the silver gene.
I don't suspect this is a cream and pearl, I would expect just a bit more richness to it... but that's a much taller mountain to see over. A solid foal with or without only champagne would tell that tale of pearl.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Bergstaden
Visit My Farm

Post by Bergstaden »

Thank you so, so much! :) Trying to get a hang of this, but it really isn't easy :P
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Bergstaden wrote:Thank you so, so much! :) Trying to get a hang of this, but it really isn't easy :P
It's a process, for all of us. :D

Take it one step at a time and we'll be around to try our best to help you along. 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

Bergstaden wrote:Thank you so, so much! :) Trying to get a hang of this, but it really isn't easy :P
Just to put his out here as a little tip, you can always use the " button thats in the corner of a message so people can get the message immediately

Hope this helps :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 2:06 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:06 am