Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Looking for trainer!

Post by RummyCrummy »

Horsechronicles12 wrote:
RummyCrummy wrote:
Sounds good :lol:
do you need another trainer? if not thats ok
Do you think you could train this filly for me?
Are you able to make her High Strung? If not thats ok!
OlympusOffxcial
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by OlympusOffxcial »

I can certainly train her after the current two I've got from you.
As for temperament just feed her anything really high in sugar, like Weight Gain or Yellow Corn I believe. I feed mine 95% Yellow Corn following a players competition guide on this forum, I believe their username is Frost?
OlympusOffxcial
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Also I noticed that your horses have really good Competition win and point rates, can you give me any tips for competitions and choosing and breeding the right horses etc?
RummyCrummy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyCrummy »

OlympusOffxcial wrote:I can certainly train her after the current two I've got from you.
As for temperament just feed her anything really high in sugar, like Weight Gain or Yellow Corn I believe. I feed mine 95% Yellow Corn following a players competition guide on this forum, I believe their username is Frost?
Ok thank you!
RummyCrummy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyCrummy »

OlympusOffxcial wrote:Also I noticed that your horses have really good Competition win and point rates, can you give me any tips for competitions and choosing and breeding the right horses etc?
I'm really specializing in racing-type competions with my horses right now so Racing, Sprint racing, Harness racing, Steeplechase, any of those that they do well in. For racing it can be pretty easy if you have thoroughbreds. Thoroughbreds ussualy have high speed (Not always mandatory) Light builds and a High Strung or Spirited temperments.
You'll also probably notice i'm working on racing Kustanais, since they also have a pretty good racing build. (Light body build) The highest speed i've bred so far is 56, i'm planning on breeding even higher. I want to make Kustanais a more popular racing breed in the future, since they do seem to have the potential.
OlympusOffxcial
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Ah okay, so do you pick out your best horses via conformation stats only? Or do you go off how well they place in locals first?
RummyCrummy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyCrummy »

OlympusOffxcial wrote:Ah okay, so do you pick out your best horses via conformation stats only? Or do you go off how well they place in locals first?
I've never really thought about locals. I've only really thought about conformation stats. Speed for racing, Movement for dressage, Strenght for log pull, etc.
Do you think locals are important to see what they would do well in? I've only really used locals for my grinders to earn turns and pt.
OlympusOffxcial
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

I've only recently started to properly look into how to do well wuth competitions, the guide I came across by Frost mentioned 'testing' them with locals, and the locals the horse does best in should match up with their competition ideal AND you should end up getting near enough high scores in your comps if you selectively breed well enough (only keeping and breeding the horses that do better in the testing period with locals)

I have noticed that some of the results don't add up for my Turkmenes, for example they do really well in Saddleseat locals, but in competitions they seem to do better in Racing. Whether that's because the saddleseat competitions don't get judged as often or competed in however IS a variable and would effect my judgement in the matter.
RummyCrummy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyCrummy »

OlympusOffxcial wrote:I've only recently started to properly look into how to do well wuth competitions, the guide I came across by Frost mentioned 'testing' them with locals, and the locals the horse does best in should match up with their competition ideal AND you should end up getting near enough high scores in your comps if you selectively breed well enough (only keeping and breeding the horses that do better in the testing period with locals)

I have noticed that some of the results don't add up for my Turkmenes, for example they do really well in Saddleseat locals, but in competitions they seem to do better in Racing. Whether that's because the saddleseat competitions don't get judged as often or competed in however IS a variable and would effect my judgement in the matter.
Ill definitely check that out!
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

RummyCrummy wrote:
Horsechronicles12 wrote: do you need another trainer? if not thats ok
Do you think you could train this filly for me?
Are you able to make her High Strung? If not thats ok!
Idk I may can but I'm not sure but I can train her
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 11:45 pm

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:45 pm