AC Glitch Horses

Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: AC Glitch Horses

Post by Diamond Filly »

Tree farms wrote:
Silverine wrote:
Yes, there are horses with that color in real life.

It is controlled by the Silver gene, represented by the letter Z for dominant silver and z for recessive non-silver. The gene only affects black pigment so a red-based horse that has a silver gene will not be affected by it. On a horse with black pigment the silver gene most heavily affects the mane and tail, turning them a light shade varying from cream to bright white. On bay and brown horses the black pigment on the body and legs is usually diluted to a chocolatey color. On black horses the expression varies from turning the whole body a chocolate/brown color to turning the body a steely dark gray with dapples. Some silver black horses are so dark that they still appear black.

The silver gene is most common in the Rocky Mountain Horse, and is responsible for the classic "chocolate" color of the RMH breed:
I have 2 horses IRL that look like the first 2 pictures combined lol.
Cool! :)
Avamarina
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Avamarina »

AV~First Time's the Charm

This one started out Black and White tobiano with a beautiful pattern and suddenly changed to this. Within a game month. (Sorry, can't get the before picture to come up)
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Avamarina wrote:AV~First Time's the Charm

This one started out Black and White tobiano with a beautiful pattern and suddenly changed to this. Within a game month. (Sorry, can't get the before picture to come up)
This is very interesting, because the mane and tail changed as well! Usually the mane and tail are the "tell" for the glitch, but not this time around. I'm going to guess that buckskin is her actual color, because if she was black she wouldn't have thrown a brown foal when bred with a black stud. (Her filly that was labelled a burnt chestnut is actually brown. ;))
Meanwhile
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Meanwhile »

I've got a glitched Przewalski! Don't think I've seen one of these around...
When I adopted him, he was a beautiful pale guy with a minimum of flashy dun markings. Then, a month in and BAM-- big ol' dun markings all over him, and his black bay legs shrank down. (And his tail got way redder?) I'm hoping his first version is the right one, also those dun markings just look weird to me for some reason. Like they're blended weird or there's some filter layer missing, haha.

His link: Here
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 2:44 pm

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:44 pm