Community Forum

New Layout is Live!

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

New Layout is Live!

Post by larissar »

We are very excited to announce the new game layout is live!

The new layout is live and is set to default for new players. Many new features and improvements have been added to the layout, as well as bug fixes and changes requested by the testers in the community. Thank you!

Changes can be found in the Change Log V3 forum.

How do I enable the new layout?
To enable the layout simply visit the Preferences page, scroll down to the option for "My board style" and change from "smarthwo" to "smarthwo v2", then click on Save. You can switch between the layouts at anytime if you need to switch back to the old layout.

Why did the game need a new layout?
HWO has been around long enough that all of the systems the game is built on needed to be updated for it to keep working. We completed the backend updates some time ago, and now the frontend systems need to be updated as well. The old layout is built on technology that will not be supported going forward. Now that the new layout is done we are able to work on game features and improvements again.

How to report bugs?
Continue posting bugs in the Bugs forum, or use the Contact Us link in the footer to submit a report if you're unable to post in the bugs forum.

Can I make a suggestion?
Yes! We very much would like to hear from you. We are still activly developing HWO, including the layout so if you have any suggestions please comment below or use the Suggestions forum.

Thank you for enjoying HWO! Please let us know what you think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: New Layout is Live!

Post by brettdiesel »

larissar wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:17 pm

We are very excited to announce the new game layout is live!

The new layout is live and is set to default for new players. Many new features and improvements have been added to the layout, as well as bug fixes and changes requested by the testers in the community. Thank you!

Changes can be found in the Change Log V3 forum.

How do I enable the new layout?
To enable the layout simply visit the Preferences page, scroll down to the option for "My board style" and change from "smarthwo" to "smarthwo v2", then click on Save. You can switch between the layouts at anytime if you need to switch back to the old layout.

Why did the game need a new layout?
HWO has been around long enough that all of the systems the game is built on needed to be updated for it to keep working. We completed the backend updates some time ago, and now the frontend systems need to be updated as well. The old layout is built on technology that will not be supported going forward. Now that the new layout is done we are able to work on game features and improvements again.

How to report bugs?
Continue posting bugs in the Bugs forum, or use the Contact Us link in the footer to submit a report if you're unable to post in the bugs forum.

Can I make a suggestion?
Yes! We very much would like to hear from you. We are still activly developing HWO, including the layout so if you have any suggestions please comment below or use the Suggestions forum.

Thank you for enjoying HWO! Please let us know what you think.
THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HWO! BEST GAME EVERRRRRRRRRR
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

brettdiesel wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:55 pm
THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HWO! BEST GAME EVERRRRRRRRRR
Please remember, repeating a letter, punctuation, smiley or even a phrase more than three times is considered spamming for HWO. This rule is for the forum and also for the chat. It's also discouraged in other places around the site, such as market ads. 8-)

That said, I agree. ;)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Would it be possible for (for premium players) us to be able to kind of customize certain things on the layout? I know I've suggested this before- but I'd love to have the option to have certain features (weight/temp, location, parentage, rehoming) all on the main section for ease of access- maybe rehoming and location as icons on the right where breeding is, and just the option to decide what belongs in "more details" and what information we want automatically available. I don't know if this is doable at all, but either way I do really like the new layout visually- it's just taking a while for me to get used to where everything is.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:03 pm Would it be possible for (for premium players) us to be able to kind of customize certain things on the layout? I know I've suggested this before- but I'd love to have the option to have certain features (weight/temp, location, parentage, rehoming) all on the main section for ease of access- maybe rehoming and location as icons on the right where breeding is, and just the option to decide what belongs in "more details" and what information we want automatically available. I don't know if this is doable at all, but either way I do really like the new layout visually- it's just taking a while for me to get used to where everything is.
It's still a work in progress. The horse page needs a clean up so if you have suggestions please make them. We want the game to be as smooth as possible for everyone.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Tom wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 pm
Cypress Creek Elites wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:03 pm Would it be possible for (for premium players) us to be able to kind of customize certain things on the layout? I know I've suggested this before- but I'd love to have the option to have certain features (weight/temp, location, parentage, rehoming) all on the main section for ease of access- maybe rehoming and location as icons on the right where breeding is, and just the option to decide what belongs in "more details" and what information we want automatically available. I don't know if this is doable at all, but either way I do really like the new layout visually- it's just taking a while for me to get used to where everything is.
It's still a work in progress. The horse page needs a clean up so if you have suggestions please make them. We want the game to be as smooth as possible for everyone.
The main thing I miss about the old layout is having selling/breeding/rehoming all available right on the main horse area. And if making other menus pop out with the little icons would work (like the breeding one), I think having ones for location and/or feed might also be usedful. That would let you eliminate the "options" section of the menu.

Maybe being able to choose what information we want on the general page (if possible) would be helpful as well- I know not everyone plays the same, and being able to pick and choose what things we want to see by default would be really nice.

Also, if we toggle the compressed pedigree on, could it stay on automatically?
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:15 pm
Tom wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 pm

The main thing I miss about the old layout is having selling/breeding/rehoming all available right on the main horse area. And if making other menus pop out with the little icons would work (like the breeding one), I think having ones for location and/or feed might also be usedful. That would let you eliminate the "options" section of the menu.

Maybe being able to choose what information we want on the general page (if possible) would be helpful as well- I know not everyone plays the same, and being able to pick and choose what things we want to see by default would be really nice.

Also, if we toggle the compressed pedigree on, could it stay on automatically?
I just spoke to Larissa and she says she has a list of notes to go through still and your suggestions are on there. I agree that the state of collapsible windows should be remembered so you don't have to open or close them every time.
We'll get there!
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

BlackOak2 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:10 pm
brettdiesel wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:55 pm
Please remember, repeating a letter, punctuation, smiley or even a phrase more than three times is considered spamming for HWO. This rule is for the forum and also for the chat. It's also discouraged in other places around the site, such as market ads. 8-)

That said, I agree. ;)
Ahh ok sorry
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

this looks amazing guys!! i came on and i was like whoa it's different! it looks great, keep up the good work ;)
adellyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by adellyn »

I was wondering if we can, or will eventually, have the grass back? I love the new layout so much better, but I really miss the actual grass in the pasture and the background of the farm etc, it just finished it nicely.

Thanks!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 2:44 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:44 pm