Community Forum

Opinions needed!

Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Opinions needed!

Post by Farant »

Argent wrote:Basically I dumped all of my horses into one show because I wanted my breeding stallions to be SMGCh. Yes, they rarely competed against other horses, but that was mostly because of the cost of entry and the fact that no other horses could have possibly beaten them (at the time, now Bita has some monster dressage ponies).
But SMGCh doesn't require 96k points. :D
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Farant wrote:But SMGCh doesn't require 96k points. :D
Your point? :roll:
Warband
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

Here is the issue I see sometimes.

While limiting entries in the multi entry comps sound great, there are sometimes where it would be very difficult on comps like in hand jumping. I can't tell you how many times I've bought horses to clear out all those old competitions that needed to be run and would often fill them with 3-5 horses. In other cases like some of the more competitive and higher entry priced ones others can't afford, I'll enter to finish it.

In that way, I would really dislike having a reduced entry limit. It just makes it harder to run comps and get scores for horses we do want to train.

The only thing I can think of is using a reduced point system if there are multiple horses of the same owner. They could also make it so no more then 5 horses could be used in a competition from the same owner. Just enough to run it but not enough to stack it to extremes. Because you only need 5 horses to run, there shouldn't be any need for more then 5 of your own horses in a competition. It wouldn't be beneficial anyways.

Case in point, if I made a breed specific competition and there is only 6 and you own all 6, you got to run it somehow.

W.B
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I'm not a total fan of being able to fill comps with just one stable, because it can point-out a horse that may or may not be able to perform against other players' horses.
Right now, I'm For being able to enter enough to force-run comps. I also like the ability to force-fill comps for certain projects.
I agree that it really isn't fair, but in my opinion, if these horses are not being advertised as being champions for other stables to breed to, or being sold as champions, then really I don't much care whether the horse is pointed or not.
Then again... I am aware of the ability to (I'll call it) 'false-point' a horse and when I look to purchase or breed out, that is one thing I investigate myself before purchasing or breeding.
So... is it fair? Not really.
Is it impacting the game-play? Personally, I don't really think so, but perhaps it is, for those who haven't realized you can 'false-point' a horse.
Is it negatively affecting the bloodlines? Probably not, considering new lines are able to be made and poorly competitive horses (false-pointed or not) can be upset and removed from top positions relatively quickly.
But that's my opinion.
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Argent wrote:
Farant wrote:But SMGCh doesn't require 96k points. :D
Your point? :roll:
My point?
It's so simple. :D

Supreme Master Grand Champion (SMGCh.) - 10000
Your horse earned roughly 96.000 points. Let's say 90k from it is from your own competitions and 6k is earned from the normal shows.
Take a calculator and Dressage shows. Right now.

It's 7 lvl 10 shows open to all and with cheap entry fee (under 500$). 40 points for 1st place.
It's 4 lvl 9 shows. 36 points for 1st place.
It's 2 lvl 7 shows, but I won't include them - good horses reach lvl 8 easily and it's no use of them.

Begin with simple calculation and perfect circumstances. Every time the horse enters the show, it runs, and the horse wins.
10*40 = 400 points
4*36 = 144 points.
400+144 = 544 points per day.

90.000 points / 544 points = 165 days of constant showing. Every single day.
165 days / 30 = 5.5 months.

10 lvl 10 shows with roughly 225$ fee per show. Total fee is 2250 per day. For 165 days it's 371250$.
4 lvl 9 shows, 40$ fee per show. 160 per day. For 165 days - 26400$.
Sum it up - 397650$. 400.000 only for fees.

Did you read it all? It's the price of fair competition some player will pay to beat your top horse. I won't add here all the time devoted to breeding and training and entering the horse in comps.
Of course, it's a lot cheaper and considerably more comfortable to push your horse to the top the way you did it. But I refuse to believe it's a fair game.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

So I'm supposed to feel bad that other players are bad with money....? Not sure why I'm going to waste my time explaining myself to you but -- You seem to forget that no one could have beaten any of my trained horses at the time. When I dumped them in the open shows for kicks, other players came up empty-handed. They stopped entering. I was competing against myself anyway and I got bored and decided to throw points on my studs and take a break.

Also, no one can begin to compare to the amount of sheer time I've spent playing this game. I'm sorry I play better than you ;)
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

Also, about the money. There is a bug, based on the fact that money for the purse of the competition is collected only when created. It allows you to have as much money as you want, especially if you own an unique breed. Looking at the gap between the Argent and other players in the top of the earnings, it's easy to guess that he used it. Don`t speak that you don`t use it.
Yes, I also used it, so I know what I'm talking about. Now I stopped doing this and decided to let the money for charity and the development of breeds.
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Argent wrote:I'm sorry I play better than you ;)
Thank you, but I don't need it. :D
Vaxxine
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Vaxxine »

Preface: I have an autism spectrum disorder, I can get "too clicky" with entries.

I fill my own test competitions with my horses, but I also compete with others.

Honestly I wish my horses DID NOT get titles when competing against [100%] my own horses because I don't know if he's actually competitive or just the best of my worst.

[Please correct me, kindly, if I'm wrong]
-Shows will automatically run when the server recognises the show as full, but this may be minutes. If I'm entering my horses in a test show and not counting WOOPS, 100 horses in a show... This drastically skews the point/title system. I should not have horses that are champion + for competing only once.

-I know making more work for the admins is not a solution, but maybe if a show recognises 100% of the entrants are from 1 stable, it does not award points to the winner?

The money gap is from having lots of money and creating your own shows. I can raise the payout to 30million and that goes directly to my " winnings ".

Lets remember to be civil and fair if possible. Some players are speaking english as a second language, or like me and have communication delays!
Kayaine
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

If there is no rule against it, which there is not, then it is player preference. It is not right to try to force your play style on other players. Argent is neither correct nor incorrect in the way they are choosing to play. I can see why you are upset about it, but there is nothing wrong with this playing style. Titles are pretty. How they are obtained doesn't matter as long as it is not cheating, and this is not by any current rules.

It is somewhat similar to going to a large horse show and finding out you may be the only entrant in a class with 10 other people who all ride at the same stable. They paid their dues to be there just like you. If at the same show, you weren't in that class, those 10 players compete against themselves even though they are from the same stable. Does this typically happen? No. But when it does, there is nothing wrong with it.

If Argent had made it impossible for other players to enter, I could maybe understand the problem, but as that was/is not possible, then it is a choice of play style. Something that NO player should ever be attacked for.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 10:33 am

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:33 am