Foundation Breed Quality Check

Rikkiri
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Foundation Breed Quality Check

Post by Rikkiri »

Hey everyone,

I am back from a very long hiatus. I would like to improve the quality of one of the foundation breeds. I am asking, which breed is in the highest demand??

Which one do you need in your lines?
Which ones have the least amount of quality studs?

I am thinking we need more Mongolians so I was thinking of improving on the foundation breeds for that one. But I figured I’d get everyone’s opinion first.

Also, I am probably going to sell all horses on my farm so take a look and message me if you are interested in any.
vallers
Visit My Farm

Re: Foundation Breed Quality Check

Post by vallers »

Rikkiri wrote:Hey everyone,

I am back from a very long hiatus. I would like to improve the quality of one of the foundation breeds. I am asking, which breed is in the highest demand??

I am thinking we need more Mongolians so I was thinking of improving on the foundation breeds for that one. But I figured I’d get everyone’s opinion first.

Also, I am probably going to sell all horses on my farm so take a look and message me if you are interested in any.
I would like to see improved Caspians or north African barbs
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

Rikkiri wrote:Hey everyone,

"Very long": were you surprised to see "Quests" on your screens? Every player got the same status when that was installed back in 2016 -- no credit for prior activities. Fortunately the annoying banners go away after you're satisfied some quests. Personally, I've decided not to bother with most of the Breeding Quests except the Crummy Foal / 10K breeding quest.

As for work on Foundation breeds, browsing Stallions at Stud and the Sales pages should give you some useful perspectives here. Arabian has had the most upgrading and 70K studs (out of a theoretical maximum of 80K, ha) are common.

***Agree with vallers that North African Barbs and Caspians need this attention.***

For a good laugh, here's an unusual example of a Shetland Pony:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/919285

Welcome back, there are a lot more of us now, and the crazy abounds.

Xant’hippe
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

I work with all the foundation breeds so let me know if you need any stock. They are all COI 0 from my closed herd.
GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

I would love to see more high HGP COI 0% purebred foundation horses (any breed) in the market or up for stud with evaluation = 4 or 5 for the breed, especially mares. COI% this is a low priority for most but a high priority for some. For example, I spent a good while recently looking for a 0% COI Shetland Pony stallion with HGP above 36,000 HGP up for public breeding, to no avail. Adoption Centre horses appear on the market but it would be nice to have 0% COI horses bred for higher HGP.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 12:26 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:26 am