Community Forum

Come be excited with me?

Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Come be excited with me?

Post by Silverine »

I've been really hyped up for the past few days, and I figured other horse people could share the excitement with me. (My family isn't horse people, so they just look at me like I'm crazy. :lol:)

So, back-story: Five years ago I trained a two-year-old filly. When I started her she was nuts. I spent more than a week just walking her around the arena over-and-over again to get her to calm the heck down. After that initial calming period it was pretty quick to get her used to the saddle, and then shortly after I was on her. I hadn't initially had much interest in her, but during that training I fell in love with her. Unfortunately I did not have the money to buy her. A year later she was sold to someone else that claimed they loved her as much as I did, and less than a year after that they sold her to someone else. I now have no idea where she is, if she's even still alive.

Fast-forward to now. I got an amazing internship in Seattle next summer that looks very much like it's going to lead to an awesome job (basically, I'm in as long as I don't mess up this summer). Because of that I started looking for the filly with the hopes of saying my goodbyes to her. But so far nothing has come up (I've been looking for about a month). What did happen is that I found the filly's sire. He's right next to where I'll be this summer. I contacted his owner to see if he was possibly offering stud services, etc, and he is - for a very reasonable price! So I'm working on setting up a brood lease with the owner of the filly's dam, with whom I'm on very good terms. I also asked the stallion's owner if I might be able to visit and see the stallion (as well her others, since she's not yet sure if this particular boy's stuff ships well and we have to do AI since the mare's on the other side of the country) and she said she was happy for me to visit and that I could even ride her boys!

So even if I don't get a full-sibling to the filly that I miss so much I'm still going to be able to meet and ride her sire! I've been on cloud nine ever since I found out. :D Now I just need to get through the next sixteen weeks. XD
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Come be excited with me?

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

That's awesome, and sounds like fun.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Thanks, I'm ridiculously excited.
Stormchase Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Nice! I'm happy & excited for you! :D
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

I decided to get pics of mama for those interested. She's a QH x Paint. I promise she's not as downhill as she looks in the second picture. o-o

JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Silverine wrote:I decided to get pics of mama for those interested. She's a QH x Paint. I promise she's not as downhill as she looks in the second picture. o-o

She is beautiful! Reminds me of a horse I know in real life myself! Congrats on the luck! I'm excited myself today, was finally able to ride tonight after 2 weeks of no riding....had 4 ***impacted*** wisdom teeth removed on the 11th...ouch! Felt awesome!
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

JillJessie1997 wrote: She is beautiful! Reminds me of a horse I know in real life myself! Congrats on the luck! I'm excited myself today, was finally able to ride tonight after 2 weeks of no riding....had 4 ***impacted*** wisdom teeth removed on the 11th...ouch! Felt awesome!
Thanks! I've seen a few that look a bit like her as well. XD

That's awesome that you got to ride again! And I'm sorry about the teeth. I only have two wisdom teeth, on the top. They're slightly crooked (point out toward my cheeks a bit) but don't cause me any problems. But at least now you don't have to worry about yours!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Silverine wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote: She is beautiful! Reminds me of a horse I know in real life myself! Congrats on the luck! I'm excited myself today, was finally able to ride tonight after 2 weeks of no riding....had 4 ***impacted*** wisdom teeth removed on the 11th...ouch! Felt awesome!
Thanks! I've seen a few that look a bit like her as well. XD

That's awesome that you got to ride again! And I'm sorry about the teeth. I only have two wisdom teeth, on the top. They're slightly crooked (point out toward my cheeks a bit) but don't cause me any problems. But at least now you don't have to worry about yours!
My wisdom teeth were trying to erupt at an angle, rubbing into my other teeth causing crowding, I couldn't floss them they were so tightly packed together. Never mind the jaw pain. I'm so glad they're out....but the first week after surgery was rough...and that's an understatement! :lol: But now I don't have to worry about looking like a platypus later in life...not only were my teeth getting packed together and starting to crook they were also pushing out...process of becoming an overbite. My mouth has actually flattened considerably since surgery! Thank goodness! :mrgreen:
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

JillJessie1997 wrote: My wisdom teeth were trying to erupt at an angle, rubbing into my other teeth causing crowding, I couldn't floss them they were so tightly packed together. Never mind the jaw pain. I'm so glad they're out....but the first week after surgery was rough...and that's an understatement! :lol: But now I don't have to worry about looking like a platypus later in life...not only were my teeth getting packed together and starting to crook they were also pushing out...process of becoming an overbite. My mouth has actually flattened considerably since surgery! Thank goodness! :mrgreen:
Ugh, that must have hurt. Mine don't push on my other teeth at all, just poke out toward my cheeks. They caused sores in my cheeks when they first came in, but cheeks have toughened up since then. :lol: Did you get to live on ice cream the first week after surgery?
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Silverine wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote: My wisdom teeth were trying to erupt at an angle, rubbing into my other teeth causing crowding, I couldn't floss them they were so tightly packed together. Never mind the jaw pain. I'm so glad they're out....but the first week after surgery was rough...and that's an understatement! :lol: But now I don't have to worry about looking like a platypus later in life...not only were my teeth getting packed together and starting to crook they were also pushing out...process of becoming an overbite. My mouth has actually flattened considerably since surgery! Thank goodness! :mrgreen:
Ugh, that must have hurt. Mine don't push on my other teeth at all, just poke out toward my cheeks. They caused sores in my cheeks when they first came in, but cheeks have toughened up since then. :lol: Did you get to live on ice cream the first week after surgery?
Ha ha yeah....ice cream, pudding, yogurt, anything soft or pureed etc. No crunchy or hard foods. Got old after a while, so glad I can eat real food again :lol: That and staying in bed for a full week....and not being able to play HWO cuz looking at my laptop screen made me dizzy/nauseous....yeah I'm glad that's over...good thing is I only had to endure it once 8-)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:12 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:12 pm