Community Forum

The Shire Breeding Community

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

The Shire Breeding Community

Post by h a z e l »

History of the Shire
The Shire is a draft breed native to England. The breed descended from England's "great horse" which carried knights in full armor into battle. During the 18th century the Shire was improved as a draft and farm animal. In 1853 the first Shire came to America but the breed never became popular in the United States. Today, the Shire is the world's largest draft breed.

Breed Standards
(According to the Shire Horse Society)

Stallions:
-Black, brown, bay, or grey in color. Roan, chestnut, and white paint markings are not allowed.
-17 hands and up.
-Long head and neck, large well-set eyes, deep and oblique shoulders, wide chest, short strong back, straight sturdy legs, long wide and muscular hindquarters, well sprung ribs, large solid hooves, and fine straight silky hair.

Mares
-Black, brown, bay, or grey in color. Roan is accepted as well.
-16 hands and up.
-Near the same conformation as stallions but with a more feminine appearance including head and neck. The back can be longer than a stallion's. Legs should be short.

In-Game Conformation
-16-17.3 hands
-Medium to heavy build
-60% to 80% body size
-50% to 80% pony type

Shire Breed Wiki
http://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breed/26

Shire Breed Creation
Forest Horse x [Belgian x Friesian]

Sources of Information
http://www.shire-horse.org.uk/about-us/ ... the-horse/
https://www.britannica.com/animal/Shire-horse
https://pixabay.com/en/ (for the photo)

Active In-Game Breeders
_h a z e l_ at Taylor Meadows
8arberouge at Future Farm

Shire Stallion Roster

Please comment below if you want to be entered as a breeder and/or want to list a stallion!
Last edited by h a z e l on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: The Shire Breeding Community

Post by h a z e l »

8arbeRouge
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbeRouge »

I consider myself a Shire breeder aswell, please add me to your honorable list :)

Great Job making a breeding community.

Altough i breed lots of horses, the shire is always been one of my favorite. Short after i started the game i made a bunch, broke some World Records and then moved on to other breeds. Because i have so many breeds, once in a while i focus on one or more breeds and improve the stock i have or make new line for my old stock.
My two favorite Shires are listed below

P.S. If you quote my message you can see the code i used to improve your link to the sales page
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

8arbeRouge wrote:
I consider myself a Shire breeder aswell, please add me to your honorable list :)

Great Job making a breeding community.

Altough i breed lots of horses, the shire is always been one of my favorite. Short after i started the game i made a bunch, broke some World Records and then moved on to other breeds. Because i have so many breeds, once in a while i focus on one or more breeds and improve the stock i have or make new line for my old stock.
My two favorite Shires are listed below

P.S. If you quote my message you can see the code i used to improve your link to the sales page
Sure I'd love to add you :) What is the name of your farm?
Your Shires are amazing :D :D Congrats on breaking world records with them!
Unfortunately I ended by Shire project prematurely for several reasons, but I have a couple on my holding account in case I want to breed them again :)
8arbeRouge
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbeRouge »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Unfortunately I ended by Shire project prematurely for several reasons, but I have a couple on my holding account in case I want to breed them again :)
I am part of the Future Farm 8-)

When you start your Shires again and you need a new stud, i am willing to sell you a high HGP stud for cheap now that i am part of your breeding community :D

But ofcourse i understand when you dont have time to breed Shires IF you are taking the JOB of making White forest horses ;) :geek:
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

8arbeRouge wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
I am part of the Future Farm 8-)

When you start your Shires again and you need a new stud, i am willing to sell you a high HGP stud for cheap now that i am part of your breeding community :D

But ofcourse i understand when you dont have time to breed Shires IF you are taking the JOB of making White forest horses ;) :geek:
Okay great I added you to the list of in-game breeders :)
Thank you so much! I would love that!
Well I think I'll let BB have the job, I'm already working on a large project for her :) So I'm rather busy right now. I doubt she needs help :lol:
8arbeRouge
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbeRouge »

_h a z e l_ wrote: Okay great I added you to the list of in-game breeders :)
Thank you so much! I would love that!
Well I think I'll let BB have the job, I'm already working on a large project for her :) So I'm rather busy right now. I doubt she needs help :lol:
Sounds good :lol: 8-)
8arbeRouge
Visit My Farm

SHIRE SALE

Post by 8arbeRouge »

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:44 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:44 pm