Visit My Farm

Weird color

Post by Argent »

Hazel
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Weird color

Post by Hazel »

Sable Cream, I think it's called. :3 w/o the CH, it'd be Seal Brown Cream.
One: probability is a factor which operates within natural forces. Two, probability is not operating as a factor. Three, we are now within un-, sub- or supernatural forces. Discuss.<br><br>
Come join me in chat! :D
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Could he have mealy in his pedigree? I haven't looked into the database values right now and it's hard to tell visually. If he were brown based then he should be much more diluted on the underside, which makes me suspect that it's mealy having too strong of an affect (programming-wise). I'll have to look into the database to know for sure.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Not likely as his pedigree is exclusively barb/arab
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

I saw that you put him up for sale so I bought him. I'll inspect closely and let you know what I find.
It's quite possible low expression of mealy is in the Barbs. I've added very minimal expression of mealy in most breeds to add some subtle effects. Although they should stay quite minimal if there is no other outside influence.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I was curious about the two different types of brown: one with only pale flanks, elbows, etc. and the other with an extensively pale belly. Is this genetic, related to mealy?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

There are actually 2 or 3 variables of genetic "brown" programmed into the game (same with bay), plus various effects from mealy. We can test for brown in reality but not much is really know about mealy. Just from my own observations I've noticed what looks like a mealy effect on same horses who are genetically bay and I wanted that in the game as well. So I used mealy to accomplish this.

Once sooty is added in to the game it will complicate matters even more (chestnuts could end up looking almost like bays if sooty is extensive in the mane/tail as an example). My aim was to make it not obvious what colour a horse is. In reality it can be quite difficult to guess a horses colour even if it looks "obviously X" colour, and I wanted to portray this in the game as well.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 9:41 am

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:41 am