Community Forum

Im new and need some help!

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Tove
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Im new and need some help!

Post by Tove »

My horse Tor is quite beautiful, but I have no idea what color he is. I've never seen anything like him irl and havent really gotten the hang of the dilutions yet :roll: My guess is black with champange dilution and snowflake pattern, but I think I might be waay of! Please help me! <3
Tor frá Valhalla
Nazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Im new and need some help!

Post by Nazarach »

Tove wrote:My horse Tor is quite beautiful, but I have no idea what color he is. I've never seen anything like him irl and havent really gotten the hang of the dilutions yet :roll: My guess is black with champange dilution and snowflake pattern, but I think I might be waay of! Please help me! <3
Tor frá Valhalla
You are quite right ^^ He indeed is a classic champagne with Lp - Snowflake pattern in this case - as you stated. The foal pictures are very clear on that, he was born with grey/blue eyes that darkened with age, his mane was dark and the body was a slightly lighter tone. The freckles on his muzzle are the most obvious indicator for champagne - all other dillutions would lack them or make him much lighter in color. The varnish of Leopard complex will progressivly lighten his mane and feathers as well as his body - the areas not affected by varnish will darken to an ebony/dark brown shade.
So all in all you had him figured out correctly, congratz :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 4:13 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 4:13 pm