Community Forum

How many foals can my mare have up too?

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Visit My Farm

How many foals can my mare have up too?

Post by Guest »

How many foals can my mare have?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: How many foals can my mare have up too?

Post by larissar »

Mares can have one foal every 11 virtual months (11 turns). You can begin breeding mares by about 4 years old, and continue every year until they are too old. A horses fertility decreases with age making it more difficult for an old mare to become pregnant. In theory if you bred you mare every year from 4 years old until 20 years old you could get 16 foals. Horses can live until 25 to 30 years old, but past 20 years old it can be very difficult to get the mare pregnant.
Visit My Farm

Post by Guest »

So when you horse dies is their a way where you can still visit their page, like do you have a dead horses tab?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Yes you'll always be able to view the horse. Horses are kept in the database for historic reasons and for viewing extended pedigrees. You'll have a way to view all your deceased/retired horses.
Visit My Farm

Post by Guest »

Well thanks for answering my question. It means a lot to me that you have taken the time and money to make a horse game that can really relate to how we care for our horses and how all the genetics work. I have been trying to find a horses game that is like this for years and have never found one! So thank you to you and all of your staff! I am looking forward to my email saying that the game has been open to the public to play!
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

You are more than welcome and we'll make sure to let you know :)
Horser01
Visit My Farm

Post by Horser01 »

Will the fertility gene be affected by giving birth in the last year? In real life, if you were to breed a mare every year, after 2 or 3 she'd start having issues and it's been proven to reduce their life span in some cases... Will that be an issue? Like, will there be a 'cooldown' sort of thing where the fertility drops right after birth but slowly recovers over time?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

That is not planned for but it's something I could consider adding in if it improves the game.
Horser01
Visit My Farm

Post by Horser01 »

It would make it a bit more realistic. And it would help prevent the market being flooded with only a few peoples foals. If the game is turn based, that means the players who have more time to be on will be able to breed more, so if they're putting out a foal every day from each mare and the majority of the players are putting out one foal from each mare once or twice a week... If that makes sense... After all, a star racer or such usually only puts out 3 -5 foals in her lifetime... Takes too much out of the horse which affects show results.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Very good points to consider. This would be an easy change so maybe we'll try this out during testing and see how it goes :) Thanks!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 5:06 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:06 pm