Community Forum

Ivy Stables

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
kidhedera
Visit My Farm

Ivy Stables

Post by kidhedera »

Ivy Stables seeks to increase the genetic diversity in the Abyssinian line, with a focus on producing hardy and agile horses with high stamina, strength and speed.

Breed Description

Although they are referred to as a pony, they are really small horses. They lack the short legs, short neck and squareish head that are common to many pony breeds.

Abyssinians have long legs, short backs and very strong bodies. They can carry the weight of adult man, even though they only grow to be just over 13 hands high. The top of their hindquarters are often level with the top of their withers. Their heads come in several different profile shapes, but they are often straight. They come in all solid colors including various shades of bay, grey and chestnut. Green Eyes are common.

Goals
1. Breed a horse that fits my desired breed standard
2. Breed 7 generations of purebred Abyssinians
3. Breed a line of horses who consistently win Level 10 Endurance, Showjumping or Cross Country competitions.
Last edited by kidhedera on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
kidhedera
Visit My Farm

Ivy Stables: Studs

Post by kidhedera »

Stallions Available to Stud

Lierre's Jasper bred by Me
Ivy Grade: 60% (D)
Colour: Bay w/ Brown Eyes

Red: None | Green: None
+ Speed, Stamina, Movement, Balance, Agility
- Strength, Intelligence

Aralia's Winter Games bred by Me
Ivy Grade: 53% (D)
Colour: Smoky Black w/ Brown Eyes

Red: None | Green: None
+ Speed, Movement, Agility
- Strength, Tempo

First Snow bred by Anastasia_russia
Ivy Grade: 47% (F)
Colour: Cremello w/ Tiger Eyes

Reds: None | Greens: None
+ Movement, Balance, Intelligence
- Strength, Tempo

Bramble's Buck bred by Me
FOR SALE: $1000
Ivy Grade: 45% (F)
Colour: (Metallic?) Buckskin w/ Brown Eyes

Reds: Strength | Greens: None
+ Speed, Stamina, Movment
- Tempo, Agility, Intelligence

Golden Fiz bred by Quarterhorsebabe
FOR SALE: $500
Ivy Grade: 34% (F) (However his appearance gets him 70%, a C.)
Colour: Buckskin w/ Brown Eyes

Red: Strength | Green: None
+ Speed, Stamina
- Movement, Tempo, Balance, Agility
Last edited by kidhedera on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
kidhedera
Visit My Farm

Ivy Stables: Brood Mares

Post by kidhedera »

At the moment I only have two purebred brood mares so they are kept pretty busy. In the future though I'll be offering to let them be bred by request.

Aralia's Hide and Seek bred by Me
13th Oct 2015: Top Ranked Abyssinian in every category but 'Earnings'
Ivy Grade: 49% (F)
Colour: Bay /w Brown Eyes

+ Stamina, Movement, Balance
- Strength, Tempo, Intelligence

Aralia's Bright Prospects bred by Me
Ivy Grade: 48% (F) (This horse is let down by very average stats. Her appearance score is 74%)
Colour: Classic Champagne w/ Tiger Eyes (one copy)

+ Intelligence
- Strength, Tempo
Last edited by kidhedera on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
kidhedera
Visit My Farm

Ivy Stables: Make me an Offer

Post by kidhedera »

Coming Soon:
Here I will post horses that I don't really want to post to the market, but could be convinced to part with if the price were right.
Last edited by kidhedera on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
kidhedera
Visit My Farm

Ivy Stables: Introducing Dark Aralia

Post by kidhedera »

Dark Aralia is the first horse I adopted in Horse World Online.

She is a foundation North African Barb with no red stats, and 4* for the Abyssinian breed. I really lucked out.

She became my primary brood mare, and foundation for my Abyssinian breeding project. She also went on to perform really well in several competitions - she is currently Level 7 for Show Jumping, Level 6 for Dressage an Endurance, and Level 5 for Racing.

She is slightly heavy, so not all her foals are Abyssinians. The rest are Part NABxArabian (or in one case NAB x Abyssinian).

She in addition to providing 4 beautiful fillies for my Abyssinian breeding project, she is the Dam of Aralia's Mercurial Mood, an attractive black stallion that evaluates well for Thoroughbred (4*) and Abyssinian (4*).
kidhedera
Visit My Farm

Ivy Stables: A flood of Fillies and cascade of Colts

Post by kidhedera »

At the moment the majority of my Abyssinians are directly decended from Dark Aralia. 7 of 11 horses are her children or grand children, with one of the 4 unrelated horses being First Snow, who is related to almost every other Abyssinian in the game (the very nice Abby-loo/Snowflake line).

So I am retiring her as a brood mare, unless people wish to request foals from her.

The other three Abyssinians's are Lierre's Jasper (a quality colt, I'm so glad I have him), Angel's Fond Memory of You (Filly) and Iantha's Galaxy Girl (Filly). Jasper has great conformation, although his neck has thickened up a bit more than I'd like. The fillies both have a gene for tiger eyes, and Angel's Fond Memory of You is a good height. (I've been having trouble with lots of tall horses)

Shadowed Lierre and Angel Water will not be contributing any more genes to my rather shallow gene pool (Shadowed Lierre was sold, and Angel Water passed on to greener pastures), but I'm focusing on Green Eyed Iantha (North African Barb) and Rosy Teneriffe (Arabian). I want to breed a number of high quality NABxArabians that I can then cross with some of the very excellent tiger eyed NAB studs on the market.

So far I have two NABxArabian foals that fit my requirements, both out of Rosy Teneriffe and to tiger eyed sires. One is a colt, but thats no nevermind because his stats are really good, and I can breed him to Green Eyed Iantha, and put him up for stud until I decide whether to buy another NAB mare. The other is a filly who has ok stats and is very pretty. Rosy Teneriffe is currently pregnant again to another green eyed stud.

I also have a Part Arabian x NAB, Mercurial Rising, who was born from buying a pregnant mare from the market. She is a pretty mediocre and will probably be too tall for my breeding program, but I don't want to sell her just yet.

So, currently I have 3 Stallions, 5 Mares, and 10 Fillies and Colts under breeding age. Its quite mad over here at Ivy farms just now.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 4:43 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:43 pm