Community Forum

Skills Page Layout

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Skills Page Layout

Post by larissar »

I've been working on the re-design of the courses page.
I'm not thrilled with it yet. I was hoping to get more finished tonight and even get the css/html re-worked but that hasn't happened.
Anyway I'm uploading a screenshot to get some feedback.
screen3.jpg
This is the basic layout of a course currently being studied.
I don't like where the text "Level 4 progress" is currently placed so I'm going to move that but otherwise I'm okay with this design.

Any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hazel
Visit My Farm

Re: Skills Page Layout

Post by Hazel »

I really like it. :D

Unsure why the time says 'time estimate', cos it's not an estimate, it's an exact time for completeion. Maybe change to 'time to complete' or something like that?
One: probability is a factor which operates within natural forces. Two, probability is not operating as a factor. Three, we are now within un-, sub- or supernatural forces. Discuss.<br><br>
Come join me in chat! :D
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

I concur. I like it. I can have my gold stars now!
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Tyyni
Visit My Farm

Post by Tyyni »

Looks great, however it'd be nice is there was a way to minimize each skill tree, to minimize scrolling. Not sure if this is easy to code or not.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Actually that might not be hard to do. Let me add it to my to-do list.
Delirium
Visit My Farm

Post by Delirium »

I agree with everything above! Nothing new to add, haha, except that Tyyni's idea to be able to minimize trees is excellent.
Delirium
Visit My Farm

Post by Delirium »

Ooh, except I have one question about the numbers just to the right of the course names. What do those numbers mean? I haven't been able to figure it out, although that might just be me being a derp. At first, I thought it was just the order in which we're supposed to take the courses, but then Veterinary Medicine starts out at 3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

That number indicates how difficult a course is too learn. Harder courses take longer to learn.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Tyyni wrote:Looks great, however it'd be nice is there was a way to minimize each skill tree, to minimize scrolling. Not sure if this is easy to code or not.

This has been added, however it's not quite finished yet. I'll add in come code later so that when you refresh the page (or click any buttons) the minimized categories will stay minimized... currently they do not.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:51 pm

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:51 pm