Community Forum

Need Help Confirming, Please

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
BlanketMonster
Visit My Farm

Need Help Confirming, Please

Post by BlanketMonster »

Hello HWO!

This is my first time posting in the forums since joining this Hallow'een and I have to say that this game is really interesting with great art!

For the time being the majority of my horses have been in the bay range so it's been easy for me to tell what colour they are, but my past 3 foals are a bit trickier for me to pin down their colour. It might also be because they are still under 2years old and their colour can still be changing (I foaled a bay filly that started to grey out when she turned 1.5years). I'm still new to the world of horse colou genetics but I've picked up a few things from the coat colour guide that is posted.

Tar*Bel|Tawny Appeal

His freckled muzzle only came in the past 2 turns(days/week/month whatever you may call it) so I can tell for sure that he has a Champagne gene.When he was born he had light brown/green eyes, which have now darkened quiet a bit. My guess is that he is a Classic Champagne? I first thought that he was some sort of Dun but his freckles gave it away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FHorse*Bel|Golden Fox

My guess that she is a Palomino/Golden Palomino Roan, if that is a thing. Possibly Wheat Sorrel?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is also this little lady, whom I think is a grey/cream. Her Sire is a Seal Brown and her dam is a Grullo/Brown Dun(?) But she is only 2 months old here so it may be too early to tell.
Shire| Hobble Along

Any suggestions/ideas as to what their colours might be would be greatly appreciated! ^-^
Last edited by BlanketMonster on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
starburst
Visit My Farm

Re: Need Help Confirming, Please

Post by starburst »

Middle girl is definitely Palomino Roan. The last one is too young to tell. Wait until she's 1 year old. Then the color is final. She looks like she many be Dun/Bay/something along those lines though. XD Hope I helped!

(I might be wrong, so get a couple other oppinons on it first)
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Amber Champagne
Palomino Roan
Brown dun
BlanketMonster
Visit My Farm