Community Forum

Site-Wide Help Guide

GoldenCenter
Visit My Farm

Site-Wide Help Guide

Post by GoldenCenter »

This is A Site Wide Help Guide for All HWO Players
Most of this was just copy, pasted, and put in this one spot. (I honestly didn't mean for this post to get so long! The first time I tried to post this I had gone over the 60,000 character limit by about 17,000!)
Thanks to h a z e l for this first one!
Hello and welcome to all our new players in the game! :)

My name is Hazel, and I've been playing this game for a little over a year now. One thing I've noticed happening frequently with newbies is that they aren't sure how to earn money in the game. I see a lot of the same question, "How do I earn more money?" in both chat and on the forums. So I've decided to try and put together a guide to earning money for new players :) If you have any questions about anything I have written here, please comment below or ping me in the General Chit Chat section of the forums! :)

Quick List
Will be continuously updated
Last updated 1-22-20

1. Use a grinder to earn money and PTs through local shows
2. Enter player-made competitions
3. Become a trainer
4. Purchase untrained horses, train them, and sell them for a profit
5. Breed horses that are popular in the game and sell them
6. Take advantage of high purse specialized competitions
7. Enter contests in the forums
8. Train and sell grinders
9. Mow your pastures regularly
10. Complete quests

First Steps

I realize that some of the things on the quick list will be impossible, or at least very hard, to do without already having a bit of money. So before you can try to do everything on my list to make money, you need to take your first steps so you can get the money earning ball rolling. First off, I want to let you know that one of the best ways to make money is to be a trainer, and/or to train and sell grinders. (Trainers are always in demand) So I highly, highly suggest that you use every dollar you earn toward taking trainer classes. Not only can you train for others and earn a profit, but you can also train your own horses and forfeit the training fee you'd have to pay to have someone else train your horses. All right, with that out of the way, let's go back to your first steps :).

Step #1.
Please rehome the Adoption Center horses you adopt and the foal you create for the quest. (Unless you really want to keep them yourself for personal reasons.) There are way too many of these kind of horses sitting on the market not ever getting purchased, because no one wants them.

Step #2.
Search the forums for older players that are doing things to help newbies out. For example, Malakai10 offers $1 trained horses to new players here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =malakai10. Also, a lot of trainers offer discounted prices to newbies, and there are sometimes contests for new players in the Contests section of the forum.
If you get a trained horse from Malakai (or another player), you can then use it as a grinder, which is the best way to earn money and PTs as a new player. To use your horse as a grinder, visit the local shows page and select a discipline and run the horse level 10 shows until you run out of time and have to take a turn. You will figure out which local shows your horse does best in fairly quickly- if the horse consistently gets 1st or 2nd place in a local show, then stick with that discipline. If they place 4th all the time or lower, then try another discipline! Once you know what your grinder is best at via local shows, then you can try entering some player made competitions. Go to the horse's info tabs, scroll down, and click the "Find Upcoming Competitions" button. Then you can search for the discipline that your horse did the best at in local shows. Start entering your horse in level 1 shows first to make sure that they will earn you money. Always enter shows that will give you a profit- don't enter shows with a $100 entrance fee and $50 in purse money. It would be ideal to find competitions that have a small entry fee and a larger purse to earn the most money.

Step #3.
Use the money you earn from your grinder to invest in other horses and more pastures. Keep mowing your pastures consistently because that earns you a bit of cash every time you mow. Try to buy more trained horses off the market and from other players. Post an ad in the Horses For Sale section of the forums and ask for trained horses. Let the community know that you're still fairly new and don't have a huge bankroll, and I know there will be many players who will love to help you out!

Step #4.
As long as you have a modest collection of trained horses doing local shows and player made competitions, you will start to have a decent amount in your bank account. Then you can start taking training courses and think about breeding projects that you want to do.

Random Notes

I think finding a niche in the market is one of the best ways to earn money. Keep an eye on the forums and competitions. Try to figure out what breeds are the most popular. Sometimes there will be random high purse competitions specialized to certain breeds. If you figure that out before everyone else and start breeding that specific breed, then players will figure out you have the horses they need and you can sell to them for quite a bit of money.

Grinders are always popular. At one point I had a grinder business where I trained and sold Arabian Endurance grinders (later switched to Racing grinders). I made a nice bit of money from that business before I closed it, and you could too! Players are always looking for grinders, because PTs are really important to buy premium and stuff.

Like I've said several times, please invest your money in training classes. Then you can train for other players (trainers will always be in demand) and also train your own horses and grinders. It's really a win win situation to be able to train.

One of my quick list options was to buy untrained horses off the market, train them, and sell them for a profit. This is a good way to make money, but keep in mind you cannot just buy any horse off the market and expect it to sell well. Horses with red breeders comments, or horses with low HGPs and few green or gold breeders comments are usually not worth much or in much demand. Keep an eye on the market for horse breeds that are popular or any horse that has a high HGP and lots of greens and golds to train up and then re-sell.
Admin larissar has my thanks for these next few.
Hello and welcome to all our new players in the game! :)

My name is Hazel, and I've been playing this game for a little over a year now. One thing I've noticed happening frequently with newbies is that they aren't sure how to earn money in the game. I see a lot of the same question, "How do I earn more money?" in both chat and on the forums. So I've decided to try and put together a guide to earning money for new players :) If you have any questions about anything I have written here, please comment below or ping me in the General Chit Chat section of the forums! :)

Quick List
Will be continuously updated
Last updated 1-22-20

1. Use a grinder to earn money and PTs through local shows
2. Enter player-made competitions
3. Become a trainer
4. Purchase untrained horses, train them, and sell them for a profit
5. Breed horses that are popular in the game and sell them
6. Take advantage of high purse specialized competitions
7. Enter contests in the forums
8. Train and sell grinders
9. Mow your pastures regularly
10. Complete quests

First Steps

I realize that some of the things on the quick list will be impossible, or at least very hard, to do without already having a bit of money. So before you can try to do everything on my list to make money, you need to take your first steps so you can get the money earning ball rolling. First off, I want to let you know that one of the best ways to make money is to be a trainer, and/or to train and sell grinders. (Trainers are always in demand) So I highly, highly suggest that you use every dollar you earn toward taking trainer classes. Not only can you train for others and earn a profit, but you can also train your own horses and forfeit the training fee you'd have to pay to have someone else train your horses. All right, with that out of the way, let's go back to your first steps :).

Step #1.
Please rehome the Adoption Center horses you adopt and the foal you create for the quest. (Unless you really want to keep them yourself for personal reasons.) There are way too many of these kind of horses sitting on the market not ever getting purchased, because no one wants them.

Step #2.
Search the forums for older players that are doing things to help newbies out. For example, Malakai10 offers $1 trained horses to new players here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =malakai10. Also, a lot of trainers offer discounted prices to newbies, and there are sometimes contests for new players in the Contests section of the forum.
If you get a trained horse from Malakai (or another player), you can then use it as a grinder, which is the best way to earn money and PTs as a new player. To use your horse as a grinder, visit the local shows page and select a discipline and run the horse level 10 shows until you run out of time and have to take a turn. You will figure out which local shows your horse does best in fairly quickly- if the horse consistently gets 1st or 2nd place in a local show, then stick with that discipline. If they place 4th all the time or lower, then try another discipline! Once you know what your grinder is best at via local shows, then you can try entering some player made competitions. Go to the horse's info tabs, scroll down, and click the "Find Upcoming Competitions" button. Then you can search for the discipline that your horse did the best at in local shows. Start entering your horse in level 1 shows first to make sure that they will earn you money. Always enter shows that will give you a profit- don't enter shows with a $100 entrance fee and $50 in purse money. It would be ideal to find competitions that have a small entry fee and a larger purse to earn the most money.

Step #3.
Use the money you earn from your grinder to invest in other horses and more pastures. Keep mowing your pastures consistently because that earns you a bit of cash every time you mow. Try to buy more trained horses off the market and from other players. Post an ad in the Horses For Sale section of the forums and ask for trained horses. Let the community know that you're still fairly new and don't have a huge bankroll, and I know there will be many players who will love to help you out!

Step #4.
As long as you have a modest collection of trained horses doing local shows and player made competitions, you will start to have a decent amount in your bank account. Then you can start taking training courses and think about breeding projects that you want to do.

Random Notes

I think finding a niche in the market is one of the best ways to earn money. Keep an eye on the forums and competitions. Try to figure out what breeds are the most popular. Sometimes there will be random high purse competitions specialized to certain breeds. If you figure that out before everyone else and start breeding that specific breed, then players will figure out you have the horses they need and you can sell to them for quite a bit of money.

Grinders are always popular. At one point I had a grinder business where I trained and sold Arabian Endurance grinders (later switched to Racing grinders). I made a nice bit of money from that business before I closed it, and you could too! Players are always looking for grinders, because PTs are really important to buy premium and stuff.

Like I've said several times, please invest your money in training classes. Then you can train for other players (trainers will always be in demand) and also train your own horses and grinders. It's really a win win situation to be able to train.

One of my quick list options was to buy untrained horses off the market, train them, and sell them for a profit. This is a good way to make money, but keep in mind you cannot just buy any horse off the market and expect it to sell well. Horses with red breeders comments, or horses with low HGPs and few green or gold breeders comments are usually not worth much or in much demand. Keep an eye on the market for horse breeds that are popular or any horse that has a high HGP and lots of greens and golds to train up and then re-sell.
Discipline Summary

This is a summary of the competitions in Horse World Online. Evaluated Stats are listed from most important to lowest importance. You can use this summary to help determine what discipline your horse is best suited for by looking at what stats seem to be highest in your horse.

In addition to the basic stats each horse type also has a predisposition towards specific disciplines. I will create a guide to these shortly but in the meantime you can google a breed to find out what it is suitable for.
For example: a Draft horse is more suited to Log Pull than Racing as their shier size will give them greater strength, where as that extra size would give them less speed. Conversely a lighter horse is likely to be faster and thus better suited to speed competitions over strength competitions.
Competition NameStats Evaluated
Barrel RacingAgility, Speed, Strength, Balance
Cross CountryStamina, Strength, Agility, Balance
CuttingAgility, Intelligence, Strength, Speed
DressageMovement, Balance, Tempo, Strength
Driven DressageMovement, Balance, Strength, Tempo
EnduranceStamina, Speed, Agility, Tempo
Harness RacingSpeed, Stamina, Strength, Tempo
HunterMovement, Strength, Tempo, Balance
In-Hand JumpingIntelligence, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Log PullStrength, Stamina, Movement, Tempo
Marathon DrivingStrength, Stamina, Tempo, Intelligence
Obstacle DrivingStrength, Agility, Stamina, Balance
Pole BendingSpeed, Agility, Intelligence, Balance
RacingSpeed, Stamina, Strength, Speed
ReiningAgility, Strength, Movement, Balance
SaddleseatBalance, Agility, Movement, Intelligence
Show JumpingBalance, Strength, Agility, Speed
Sprint RacingSpeed, Strength, Agility, Speed
SteeplechasingSpeed, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Western PleasureIntelligence, Balance, Movement, Tempo
Western TrailAgility, Balance, Intelligence, Stamina
Working RanchIntelligence, Agility, Balance, Strength
This guide is intended to give you an idea of how training works.

Energy
Energy is consumed with training. The amount depends on the horses natural abilities, and his overall fitness and stamina.
Energy is returned each time you press 'Advance to the Next Day'. The arrow button in the top right corner.
Once you run out of energy you won't be able to train your horse anymore that game day.
If you try to train a horse who is out of energy, or try to work him too hard for his fitness level, you risk injuring your horse. However injuries are turned off for now so all that will happen right now is you'll get a warning that you horse might have been injured, and no training will be applied.

Fatigue
Fatigue is increased with hard training, and a high fatigue reduces the effects of training, Fatigue is a measure of how tired your horse is. Try not to let your horses fatigue value get too high by giving him a day or two of rest, or by finding an activity that helps reduce the fatigue. For example I've found that when I'm working a how very hard it helps to lunge them at a walk in the arena for 5 minutes before beginning the days work.

Red Activities
Activities outlined in red, or shaded and outlined in red are too difficult for your horse to try. This red outline and shading is your indicator that what you might attempt could injure your horse.

The first few training sessions
When you first begin training your horse he won't be fit enough to do much work. You have to first raise his stamina level by lunging at a walk for increasing durations. If you hover your mouse over the training activities (or click on the icon on your mobile device) you'll get a popup explaining what each training option does. We can see that the duration of 30 minutes gives us the most benefit for increasing stamina.

Continue working your horse until you've reached a decent level of stamina fitness, and now you can move into discipline specific training. Each discipline is judged on up to 4 stats. You can see which disciplines are judged in which stats here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=1235 The stats are listed in order of importance. So for a Barrel Race agility is more important that speed as it's listed first in the list.

Find the combination of activities, terrain, gait and duration that increase the 4 stats your particular discipline is judged on, or if you haven't decided on a particular discipline then you can spread your training across all stats.

Summary
- Increase stamina first
- don't let fatigue get too high by giving a rest day periodically
- train to increase the stats for your particular discipline
- avoid red outlines or red shaded and outlined activities until your stamina is high enough
This next section is here because of h0rsey
This is a guide on champing a horse! This got a lot longer then I expected it to, but it includes how to enter your horse in competitions, PPS and WPS, weight and temperament, stats needed for competitions, heart, and how training affects competitions.

Entering Your Horse in Competitions

I am going to use Red Fox as an example for this.

First, go to the horses profile. This is how I champ my horses and I find it quick and easy.

Scroll down to the horse's competition record and click the white button "find upcoming competitions"

It should take you to this page:

Next to discipline, click the dropdown that says any discipline, and put whatever discipline you are champing the horse in.

Click search events. It will show all of the competitions your horse is eligible for in the discipline.

Enter the horse in all the events

Reload the page and make sure you've entered your horse in all the comps. If you entered the horse in all the comps, nothing should show up.

And then do it every day to the horse you are champing! It doesn't take long, and is super easy, instead of searching it through upcoming events and entering the horse that way.

PPS and WPS

PPS stands for points per start. It is the average amount of points your horse got in all the competitions it's been in, in a certain discipline. Different disciplines have different PPS. For example, if you entered your horse in 10 barrel racing competitions, and it got 15 points in every competition, it would only be eligible for barrel racing competitions over level 4. However, it only goes for the one discipline. You can still enter the horse in L1 competitions, just not barrel racing. WPS stands for win percentage. The win percentage is the average of how much your horse places in the top 3 in competitions. The least WPS your horse can have is 0%, and the most is 100%. The overall WPS of your horse at the bottom of his/her competition record is the average WPS of all the competitions it has been entered in. Competitions only run if there are 5 entries. If there are less than 5 then the competition will not run until there are 5 entries.

You can find the PPS in the horse's profile if you click on [Level X] or I made a list below of all the points for levels below. The level your horse is eligible for is listed in green, for example, Red Fox is only able to go in level 6 and up competitions (he can only go in level 6, level 7, level 8, level 9, and level 10 because of his PPS)

To find a horse's WPS, go to the competition record. The WPS is listed under win %. Here is an example:
Red Fox has a WPS in pole bending of 92.5%, and an average WPS of 92.5% (average is in bold, but since Red Fox has only been in pole bending competitions, and no other discipline, he his average WPS is the same as his pole bending WPS)

[quote="BlackOak2"]As a note, the PPS changes over time. The more difficult the overall competition is in player-mades, the more points it takes to level up in that competition. It's one of the ways that our admins were gracious enough to ensure that the playing field stays level and fair... and also so we can guide ourselves to just how good our horses might be.

To give an example, back when the fastest racing horses hadn't yet broke the 2 minute mark, the level 10 locals in racing would place first pretty much any horse that got somewhere in the range of 2 minutes 13 seconds. Now that time in local level 10's is anything that's about 2 minutes 9 seconds.

So though I don't know (rather don't recall... it's around here somewhere I think) how often the PPS is updated (something tells me it's nightly though), those points to level-out do change as the real-time player-made competition changes. And those PPS can go both upward (requiring more to level out) and downward (easier to beat competition, making an 'average' horse appear much better at times).[/quote]

The following PPS is currently the PPS for each discipline, although it changes.

Barrel Racing:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 11 pps
Level 4 12 - 22 pps
Level 5 23 - 39 pps
Level 6 40 - 62 pps
Level 7 63 - 90 pps
Level 8 91 - 125 pps
Level 9 126 - 167 pps
Level 10 168 and higher pps

Cross Country:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 4 pps
Level 3 5 - 12 pps
Level 4 13 - 26 pps
Level 5 27 - 47 pps
Level 6 48 - 76 pps
Level 7 77 - 113 pps
Level 8 114 - 160 pps
Level 9 161 - 217 pps
Level 10 218 and higher pps

Cutting:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 11 pps
Level 4 12 - 25 pps
Level 5 26 - 45 pps
Level 6 46 - 72 pps
Level 7 73 - 107 pps
Level 8 108 - 151 pps
Level 9 152 - 204 pps
Level 10 205 and higher pps

Dressage:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 4 pps
Level 3 5 - 14 pps
Level 4 15 - 30 pps
Level 5 31 - 56 pps
Level 6 57 - 91 pps
Level 7 92 - 137 pps
Level 8 138 - 196 pps
Level 9 197 - 268 pps
Level 10 269 and higher pps

Driven Dressage:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 11 pps
Level 4 12 - 24 pps
Level 5 25 - 42 pps
Level 6 43 - 66 pps
Level 7 67 - 97 pps
Level 8 98 - 135 pps
Level 9 136 - 181 pps
Level 10 182 and higher pps

Endurance:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 2 pps
Level 3 3 - 5 pps
Level 4 6 - 9 pps
Level 5 10 - 13 pps
Level 6 14 - 18 pps
Level 7 19 - 24 pps
Level 8 25 - 30 pps
Level 9 31 - 36 pps
Level 10 37 and higher pps

Harness Racing:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 2 pps
Level 3 3 - 5 pps
Level 4 6 - 9 pps
Level 5 10 - 14 pps
Level 6 15 - 20 pps
Level 7 21 - 26 pps
Level 8 27 - 32 pps
Level 9 33 - 40 pps
Level 10 41 and higher pps

Hunter:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 11 pps
Level 4 12 - 23 pps
Level 5 24 - 41 pps
Level 6 42 - 66 pps
Level 7 67 - 97 pps
Level 8 98 - 136 pps
Level 9 137 - 183 pps
Level 10 184 and higher pps

In-Hand Jumping:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 8 pps
Level 4 9 - 17 pps
Level 5 18 - 28 pps
Level 6 29 - 43 pps
Level 7 44 - 60 pps
Level 8 61 - 81 pps
Level 9 82 - 105 pps
Level 10 106 and higher pps

Log Pull:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 4 pps
Level 3 5 - 13 pps
Level 4 14 - 29 pps
Level 5 30 - 53 pps
Level 6 54 - 86 pps
Level 7 87 - 131 pps
Level 8 132 - 186 pps
Level 9 187 - 255 pps
Level 10 256 and higher pps

Marathon Driving:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 8 pps
Level 4 9 - 16 pps
Level 5 17 - 27 pps
Level 6 28 - 41 pps
Level 7 42 - 57 pps
Level 8 58 - 76 pps
Level 9 77 - 99 pps
Level 10 100 and higher pps

Obstacle Driving:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 11 pps
Level 4 12 - 22 pps
Level 5 23 - 39 pps
Level 6 40 - 62 pps
Level 7 63 - 90 pps
Level 8 91 - 125 pps
Level 9 126 - 167 pps
Level 10 168 and higher pps

Pole Bending:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 4 pps
Level 3 5 - 13 pps
Level 4 14 - 28 pps
Level 5 29 - 51 pps
Level 6 52 - 82 pps
Level 7 83 - 123 pps
Level 8 124 - 175 pps
Level 9 176 - 239 pps
Level 10 240 and higher pps

Racing:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 2 pps
Level 3 3 - 6 pps
Level 4 7 - 10 pps
Level 5 11 - 15 pps
Level 6 16 - 21 pps
Level 7 22 - 28 pps
Level 8 29 - 36 pps
Level 9 37 - 44 pps
Level 10 45 and higher pps

Reining:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 10 pps
Level 4 11 - 22 pps
Level 5 23 - 39 pps
Level 6 40 - 61 pps
Level 7 62 - 89 pps
Level 8 90 - 124 pps
Level 9 125 - 166 pps
Level 10 167 and higher pps

Saddleseat:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 2 pps
Level 3 3 - 5 pps
Level 4 6 - 9 pps
Level 5 10 - 14 pps
Level 6 15 - 20 pps
Level 7 21 - 26 pps
Level 8 27 - 33 pps
Level 9 34 - 41 pps
Level 10 42 and higher pps

Show Jumping:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 11 pps
Level 4 12 - 23 pps
Level 5 24 - 40 pps
Level 6 41 - 63 pps
Level 7 64 - 92 pps
Level 8 93 - 128 pps
Level 9 129 - 170 pps
Level 10 171 and higher pps

Sprint Racing:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 2 pps
Level 3 3 - 6 pps
Level 4 7 - 11 pps
Level 5 12 - 17 pps
Level 6 18 - 23 pps
Level 7 24 - 31 pps
Level 8 32 - 40 pps
Level 9 41 - 50 pps
Level 10 51 and higher pps

Steeplechasing:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 2 pps
Level 3 3 - 5 pps
Level 4 6 - 8 pps
Level 5 9 - 12 pps
Level 6 13 - 16 pps
Level 7 17 - 21 pps
Level 8 22 - 26 pps
Level 9 27 - 31 pps
Level 10 32 and higher pps

Western Pleasure:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 2 pps
Level 3 3 - 5 pps
Level 4 6 - 8 pps
Level 5 9 - 12 pps
Level 6 13 - 17 pps
Level 7 18 - 22 pps
Level 8 23 - 27 pps
Level 9 28 - 33 pps
Level 10 34 and higher pps

Western Trail:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 11 pps
Level 4 12 - 22 pps
Level 5 23 - 39 pps
Level 6 40 - 61 pps
Level 7 62 - 90 pps
Level 8 91 - 125 pps
Level 9 126 - 166 pps
Level 10 167 and higher pps

Working Ranch:

Level 1 0 - 1 pps
Level 2 1 - 3 pps
Level 3 4 - 11 pps
Level 4 12 - 25 pps
Level 5 26 - 44 pps
Level 6 45 - 70 pps
Level 7 71 - 103 pps
Level 8 104 - 145 pps
Level 9 146 - 195 pps
Level 10 196 and higher pps

Weight and Temperament:

Weight and temperament is another factor that determines your horse's scores in competitions. If you are champing a horse in racing, for example, you would want the horse to be at a moderately thin weight and high strung temperament. I found most of the following information here. Red Fox has a moderate weight and spirited temperament, which is perfect for pole bending. You will be able to tell if a horse changes it's weight or temperament because it will change in the horse's profile. To change a horse's weight, give it more than 105% food if you want it to gain weight, and less than 95% food if you want it to loose weight. To change temperament, give it more sugar to raise temperament, and give it more fiber to lower temperament. If a horse is born on bombproof, you most likely won't be able to raise it's temperament. A lot of players call this the "bombproof curse"

Barrel Racing: Moderate to moderately fleshy weight, spirited temperament
Cross Country: Moderately thin to moderate weight, even temperament
Cutting: Moderately thin to moderate weight, even temperament
Dressage: Moderate to moderately fleshy weight, calm temperament
Driven Dressage: Moderate weight, spirited temperament
Endurance: Thin to moderately thin weight, bombproof temperament
Harness Racing: Thin to moderately thin weight, high strung temperament
Hunter: Moderately thin to moderate weight, even temperament
In-Hand Jumping: Moderately thin weight weight, spirited temperament
Log Pull: Moderate to moderately fleshy weight, bombproof temperament
Marathon Driving: Moderate weight, bombproof temperament
Obstacle Driving: Moderate weight, bombproof temperament
Pole Bending: Moderate weight, spirited temperament
Racing: Thin to moderately thin weight, high strung temperament
Reining: Moderate weight, even temperament
Saddleseat: Moderately thin weight, spirited temperament
Show Jumping: Moderately thin to moderate weight, even temperament
Spring Racing: Thin to moderately thin weight, high strung temperament
Steeplechasing: Thin to moderately thin weight, high strung
Western Pleasure: Moderate weight, bombproof temperament
Western Trail: Moderate weight, bombproof temperament
Working Ranch: Moderate weight, calm temperament

Titles

Most of the following information was found in this forum. A horse will earn a new title when it reaches a certain amount of points. When your horse earns a new title, you will get a notification saying "Your horse earned a new [discipline] title"

Champion (Ch.): 200
Grand Champion (GCh.): 700 points
Master Champion (MCh.): 1,500 points
Master Grand Champion (MGCh.): 3,000 points
Supreme Champion (SCh.): 4,900 points
Supreme Grand Champion (SGCh.) 7,300 points
Supreme Master Grand Champion (SMGCh.): 10,000 points

Triple champion title can be earned as well. This is only if the horse is champed to the same title in certain three disciplines. If a horse is a SMGCh in Dressage, Show Jumping, and Cross Country, that would make the horse a triple supreme master grand champion (TSMGCh.) However, if the horse is a SMGCh in Dressage and Show Jumping, but only a Supreme Grand Champion in Cross Country, that would make the horse a supreme master grand champion ++ (SMGCh.++) because the title needs to be the same in all three disciplines.

English Triple Title: Dressage, Show Jumping, Cross Country
Driving Triple Title: Driven Dressage, Marathon Driving, Obstacle Driving
Racing Triple Title: Racing, Sprint Racing, Steeplechasing
Western Triple Title: Cutting, Reining, Working Ranch

A horse gets a RH title if it breaks a record. The horse will earn a RH title if it holds a current world record, and a Rh title if it has a previous world record. A horse only breaks a record if it beats the current score or time record in a certain level. You cannot champ a horse to a RH. A horse can only break a record in player made competitions, not local shows. If you are trying to break a world record, you should make sure it is at the correct weight and temperament, it is trained, and has the correct stats for the discipline. If your horse breaks a record, you will get a notification saying "Your horse broke a new world record for [discipline], L[X]!" The world record will be displayed under the horse's accomplishments. You can see all horses who have currently or previously broken a record here. You can also see when the horse broke a record, what level it was, and the score.

Stats Needed For Competitions

Different competitions require different stats. For example, if you bred racehorses, you probably wouldn't want to enter them in western pleasure comps, because they weren't bred for it and they would do better in racing. Red Fox has speed, agility, and intelligence, which are stats required for pole bending. This is mostly why he is good in pole bending, but he would be terrible in a discipline like log pull. You can see what stats your horse has by looking at his/her breeder's report.

You can also tell by the conformation. You can only use conformation if you have a premium account, however, you can ask other premium players to give you your horse's confo. A horse's conformation is determined by it's genetics and it's body shape.

All of the following information was found here. The stats are in order from most important in the discipline, 2nd most important, 3rd most important, and 4th most important. For example, if you are a breeding a horse for marathon driving, the most important stat you'll need for it is strength, but stamina, tempo, and intelligence are necessary too. If you are having a hard time figuring out a discipline for your horse, give Silverine's Discipline Potential Evaluation a try. It is a very useful source.

Barrel Racing: Agility, Speed, Strength, Balance
Cross Country: Stamina, Strength, Agility, Balance
Cutting: Agility, Intelligence, Strength, Speed
Dressage: Movement, Balance, Tempo, Strength
Driven Dressage: Movement, Balance, Strength, Tempo
Endurance: Stamina, Speed, Agility, Tempo
Harness Racing: Speed, Stamina, Strength, Tempo
Hunter: Movement Strength, Tempo, Balance
In-Hand Jumping: Intelligence, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Log Pull: Strength, Stamina, Movement, Tempo
Marathon Driving: Strength, Stamina, Tempo, Intelligence
Obstacle Driving: Strength, Agility, Stamina, Balance
Pole Bending: Speed, Agility, Intelligence, Balance
Racing: Speed, Stamina, Strength, Speed
Reining: Agility, Strength, Movement, Balance
Saddleseat: Balance, Agility, Movement, Intelligence
Show Jumping: Balance, Strength, Agility, Speed
Sprint Racing: Speed, Strength, Agility, Speed
Steeplechasing: Speed, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Western Pleasure: Intelligence, Balance, Movement, Tempo
Western Trail: Agility, Balance, Intelligence, Stamina
Working Ranch: Intelligence, Agility, Balance, Strength

Heart:

Heart is the competition gene. If a horse is great in pole bending, and you breed it to another great pole bender, you're most likely to get a horse that is a good pole bender. Red Fox's parents, for example, both were pole benders, and had good times, which gave him good pole bending genetics. I found the following by BlackOak2 PeacefulOreo's Racehorse Breeding Help, which is a good source if you are trying to breed racehorses, and they found it here.

[quote="BlackOak2"]Heart is the will to win. Sometimes you have a great horse with great stats and in locals he (or she) does exceptionally with times. But the moment you put them in player-made comps, suddenly your horse sucks. This can be described as having a weak heart. Though we don't know much about the heart gene, what we do know is that it boosts a horse's ability in player made competitions, it appears to be recessive, there appears to be a few different styles (no heart; weak heart; average heart; strong heart; exceptional heart...) and it is indeed hereditary. To find heart, you'll need a competition record. From my notes, you have some heart in your herd, but not much, which means that your stock looks good, but they lack a bit in the winning department. For a horse that looks like he or she should be pulling more first or seconds and instead pulls a lot of thirds and below, or a horse that has been pulling a LOT of seconds, but appears to not be able to manage that... or the same horse that's pulling a LOT of seconds but should be pulling a lot MORE firsts... these are all indicators of how the heart gene might exist in the horse. However, I need to note that having heart will only increase the chances. By a lack of heart, it doesn't mean that your horse will lose more competitions, it just means there's nothing there to offer that possibility of a win rather than a second place. At least, so far, this is what the studies we have been able to figure out, have offered.

So to figure out the heart of a horse, you will need a competition record and then weigh that record (WPS and WPS percentage) against what your first consideration of that horse was (this should be a good competitor horse... this horse looks like it might not do much... this horse comes from excellent stock and looks great... etc). The horse's betterment then first consideration or worsening than first consideration will give you insight into the heart.

heart falter, just means that the competition heart of your horse may not be strong enough to overcome the competition. They (the infamous 'They') refer to it as a faltering heart. But it can also mean a horse that get's their competition heart broken by another horse. Specifically in racing, two horses, one with more heart but less talent keeps winning races regularly, comes up against a horse with more talent (regardless of heart). They're smart enough animals sometimes to know when they're beaten. Sometimes, when a horse with strong heart but perhaps less talent, sees a horse that is their better by a wide degree, they loose the desire to race thereafter. Sometimes it's referred to as faltering heart or breaking the heart.
Since we 'may or may not have' the competition heart here on HWO, the use of the faltering heart (and not the broken heart) against stronger competition can be offered as a term describing a horse that just can no longer beat competition that is just too strong to overcome. [/quote]

How Training Affects Competitions

You definitely want your horse to be trained so it does well in competitions. However, you don't need your horse trained in every stat for it to be good in a competition. For example, a racehorse does not need to be trained in agility, intelligence, tempo, or balance. It only needs speed, strength, and stamina. It has not been proved that other stats need training in, although a horse trained in all stats would be able to be champed in more disciplines. There have been multiple record holders only trained in a couple stats needed for the discipline.

Red Fox is trained in every stat, but if you wanted to train your horse in only a few stats then check out my training tips, I have multiple methods of training a horse in certain stats.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Silverine for this last section!

Breeding for quests can be tricky. I decided to make a step-by-step guide to help you achieve all of the quest goals.

The Basics
How do I create a new breed?
New breeds are created by breeding together the correct "recipe". For example, if you wanted to breed an Akhal-Teke you would need to cross an Arabian with a Turkmene.

Part- and Mixed- horses also count for breeds recipes. For example, you could breed a Part-Arabian with a Mixed-Turkmene and still possibly produce an Akhal-Teke. However the part or mixed horse will not count for your recipe if it has a secondary breed name (ex Part-Arabian X Cheju) unless the breed recipe calls for a dual-breed parent.

For example:
Arabian X Turkmene CAN produce Akhal-Teke
Part-Arabian X Turkmene CAN produce Akhal-Teke
Arabian X Part-Turkmene CAN produce Akhal-Teke
Part-Arabian X Part-Turkmene CAN produce Akhal-Teke
(Arabian X [Other Breed]) X Turkmene CANNOT produce Akhal-Teke
Arabian X (Turkmene X [Other Breed]) CANNOT produce Akhal-Teke
(Part-Arabian X [Other Breed]) X Turkmene CANNOT produce Akhal-Teke

And so on...

I used the correct breeds, but my foal still isn't the desired breed! What happened?
Foals must meet the standards of the new breed in order to be that breed. Parents that meet the breed standards are more likely to produce foals that meet the standard. You can easily check if your horse meets the standard by purchasing an Evaluation Book from the Book Store. In order to use the book, go to your horse's profile, click the Eval tab, then choose the book you want to use and click Evaluate. If your horse does not evaluate well, consider using a different horse or breeding your horse to a horse of its same breed with a better eval for the breed you're aiming for.

Summary
If you follow the following list from top to bottom you will be able to breed every breed in the game and therefore complete every quest in the game. [/center]
THANKS FOR READING!! I hope this was helpful!
GoldenCenter
Visit My Farm

Re: Site-Wide Help Guide

Post by GoldenCenter »

BlackOak2, thank you for all of the content in this post!
As a first note, please Try Not to quote the entire post. A simple 'ping' is more than adequate.

There isn't too much that's not understood about leveling up. So I'll make this short. This is just a chart on what you can expect to receive on the levels as you cruise through them.
There is some data that is guessed and estimated. If you find your information differs, let me know and I can update the chart accordingly. Thank you for all those that have contributed to the chart.
Keep In Mind: Money earned is rounded up or down to the closest large whole number.

(Not sure why there's a great deal of open space here, maybe I can figure it out later... I understand why now, but it's easier to look at it this way, so the open space will stay for now)
LevelXP to fillTokensMoneyEx per turn
42440394------21
43------------
44------------
45------------
46------------
47------------
48------------
49------------
50------------
51------------
52------------
53------------
54------------
55------------
56------------
57------------
58------------
59------------
60------------
61------------
62------------
63------------
64------------
65------------
66------------
67------------
68------------
69------------
70------------
71------------
72------------
731258016380189800???
741290352385192300???
751323032390194950???
77------------

Enjoy!
GoldenCenter
Visit My Farm

Post by GoldenCenter »

I think this pretty much sums it up. Thx larissar.

Welcome to Horse World Online!
We’re so glad to have you! Here we have assembled a Newbie Guide and FAQ to help you get started.

General Help & Knowledge
How do I make money?
The simplest way to make money to begin with is by entering your horse into Local Shows directly from their profile page. Local Shows don’t pay out as well as regular Competitions but they are run instantly and give you a good idea of what level your horse should be competing at. Make sure to enter your horse into regular Competitions for a chance to earn larger purses. Regular Competitions don’t use up time during your day, but Local Shows will cost you 3 hours game time.

Does it cost money to keep a horse?
Currently there are no costs to owning a horse other than perhaps purchasing another pasture or barn. Eventually there will be costs for feed for horses kept in a stable, as well as regular vet and farrier fees.

How do I evaluate my horse? What does it do?
If you buy a book, you can evaluate your horse against the requirements of that breed. Evaluations are useful when you’re trying to create a cross breed. Say for example you are trying to create an Akhal Teke. According to the Breed Wiki an Akhal Teke is created by crossing an Arabian with a Turkmene. So if you have an Arabian and a Turkmene you can evaluate them both as Akhal-Tekes and if they both get good ratings in all categories then you know you have a good chance of creating an Akhal Teke from this mating.

Why does this book cost so much?!
The cost of a book is determined based on how many generations of breeding are needed to create the breed. Easy to create breeds have cheaper books.

How do days work in the game?
Each basic player gets 4 banked days when you start the game (10 for upgraded accounts). Each game day begins at 6am and ends at 10pm. Many actions you to with your horse's (training, breeding, local shows) cost time. You can check your current game time in the top bar, or you can pay attention to the background on the page which will change depending on the time of day it is. To advance to the next day press the Arrow icon on the top right corner (which also indicates how many days you have remaining). Once you use up all your days you’ll have to either wait 30 minutes to regenerate a day, or enter a Local Show and hope for the chance to win another day.

How do I get more Pony Tokens?
You can win Pony Tokens in Local Shows, or you can purchase them from the Store.

Should I keep my horse in the barn or the pasture?
Right now it doesn’t matter if they are in a pasture or a barn, however very soon there will be pros and cons to both barns and pastures. For example horses are more likely to get injured in a pasture, but horses in a barn will have an increased cost as you’ll have to provide them with hay and grain.

I adopted a horse and I can’t have any more, how do I get more horses?
By completing player courses you will be able to own more horses. You can find more information about this in the Player Courses section of the starting guide.

I adopted a horse but I can’t find it in my pasture!
Pastures scroll from side to side. If you don’t see your horse right away he’s probably at the other end of your pasture. You can click and drag on the pasture to find your horse, or you can press the Scatter Horses button to have your horses run around to a new spot in your pasture.

Where do I start:
Obtaining a Horse
You can adopt a horse in the adoption or you can purchase a horse from the general Market. Ancient breeds cost 25 PT, while breeds produced by crossbreeding cost more. Multigenerational breeds appear in the center when there are enough active, living horses in the game. Other players may sell their horses to you from the Horses for Sale page.

Player Courses
Every player can study various courses in order to expand their abilities. These abilities control how many horses the player can own, how many stallions they can post for the public, how many shows they can create, and give various bonuses to training. Each course has 5 levels and completing the 5th level will usually unlock a new course. Each player also has attributes which help determine how quickly you can learn a course. These attributes are listed with the course details, with the first attribute being weighted more heavily than the second. You earn one attribute point every time you level up, and you can apply this to whichever attribute best suits you.

Leveling Up
Nearly every action in the game will earn you experience points. Earn enough experience points and your player will level up. Leveling up gives you rewards (money, PT), fills up your banked days, and gives you 1 attribute point you can assign to any attribute.

Training:
My horse ran out of energy, how do I get it back?
Energy is returned every time you advance to the next day. The amount of energy returned depends on many factors including how much training the horse had during the day, and how old the horse is. Young horses need a lot of energy for growth and if you train them hard you may find they don’t regain as much energy the next morning. Eventually you will be able to feed your young horses grains which will help them gain energy better.

How can I prevent my horse from becoming too fatigued?
Don’t train your horse to exhaustion every turn, and give it a turn off every once in a while. Fatigue will reach zero after a few turns with no training. Eventually, there will be different activities - like massage and stretches - which will reduce your horses’ fatigue.

Breeding:
How old do horses have to be to breed?
Mares have to be 4 years old, but stallions can breed at 3 years old. You can continue to breed them until they retire/die. Currently, bred mares will not retire/die, but eventually there will be the chance that you may lose an old mare while she is pregnant. Also, decreased fertility with age is a planned feature.

How do I create a new breed?
Check out the Breeds Wiki page (under the Help section on the navigation pane). All breeds are listed here along with how they are created. Some breeds are a simple cross such as the Akhal-Teke which is created by crossing an Arabian with a Turkmene. Other breeds are more complicated and can require up to 4 source breeds. For example the Clydesdale is a 4 cross consisting of [Friesian x Shire] x [Galloway x Belgian]. So to create this breed you would need one horse which is a Friesian x Shire, and another horse which is a Galloway x Belgian. Breed these two together and you’ll have a chance to create a Clydesdale. Keep in mind that if the pedigree calls for [Breed A x Breed B], the horse must be a crossbred; for example, a Baladi is produced by crossing an Arabian and a North African Barb, but you cannot use it to create a West African Barb, which requires an [Arab x NAB].

Does training of the mare and stallion affect the outcome of the foals?
The only thing that affects the quality of your foals is the quality of their parents. You can determine this by reading the Breeder’s Report. Training and showing do not improve a horse’s quality, however the results from a competition may help you to determine if a mare or stallion is of good quality, especially if you are breeding for a particular discipline.

Do genetic ailments like HYPP exist in the game?
Not as of yet however there will be genetic ailments added in fairly soon. In addition there will be genes added which effect a horse’s overall condition. For example some horses may be more prone to injury than others.

Is there a cost to breed horses?
You can breed your own horses for free, though it will take up 20 minutes of your day. You can breed to other players’ stallions for a fee; you can find available studs on the Stallions at Stud page (Side Bar -> Market -> Stallions at Stud).

Does the age of my mare/stallion affect fertility rate?
Not right now. This is something we are considering adding in however it’s not a high priority right now, so enjoy instant/successful breedings for now.

How does COI affect my horse’s performance/physical well-being/fertility?
COI is prediction of genetic homozygosity. Essentially, it estimates how related a horse’s parents are. This can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what the gene is. Inbreeding can increase the likelihood that a poor gene is enhanced, but it can also enhance a good gene too. There are over 110 genes in the game as of writing this. Some have positive effects, some have negative effects, and some are neutral (for example colours). Always remember that COI is an estimate; a horse could have much more or much homozygosity than its COI would suggest.

I have more than 6 mares, but less than the max of 12, in a pasture and I can’t breed them all because it says my pasture is full. Why?
Large Pastures can only hold 12 horses, and unborn foals count to this total. Different pastures can hold different quantities of horses. You can check the capacity of your pasture or barn by viewing the areas details on the overall farm page.

Will a foal’s health be affected if moved away from their mother before a certain age?
No, there are no effects currently for keeping a foal away from it’s mother after birth. The only draw back to this is your won’t get to see the foal running around in the pasture with it’s mother, which can be quite neat.

Showing:
What affects my horse’s score?
Each discipline is judged on 4 main stats. These stats are also influenced by your horse's Build, Height, Temperament and Body Condition Score (BCS, describes how over/under weight your horse is). You can view the stats needed for your chosen sport at Help -> Help Guides -> Discipline Guide.

Is there somewhere where I can see what types (build/temperament) of horses are suited to what kinds of events?
Currently no, this is actually quite a complicated thing to determine. Due to the way that stats and physical characteristics are very intertwined the only true way to determine this is through trial and error. The horses have the ideal build/temperament will be the ones who continually come out on top in higher level competitions. Once Discipline Books are added you’ll be able to evaluate your horse's potential for a particular discipline, but only competition will give the real answer to this.

HALP! My horse is morbidly obese and I can’t fit it in the trailer to take it to shows! WHAT DO I DO?
Do not worry, your horse is just grazing on lush pastures. If you exercise the beast you may find he fits in the trailer, and may actually do better at the show too. Unless you are training for Log Pulling in which case just have the horse pull the trailer and you’ll be fine. Exercise and transportation all in one.

Do fatigue and energy levels affect show scoring?
Currently no, fatigue and energy do not affect a horses showing score. This may or may not change in the future but if it does it will be posted on the news page.

Does participating in shows affect a horse’s training level?
No, participating is hows does not affect a horses training. Training does however affect how well a horse will do in competitions.

Do certain temperaments have a direct effect on consistency while showing? IE high-strung horses being spookier and making errors that an even-tempered horse would not.
Yes temperament does have an effect in competitions. Certain disciplines benefit from being high-strung, while in others it would be a detriment. Same goes for overly quiet horses who may just be too lazy to compete in some disciplines.

How many entries does a show need to run?
The minimum number of entries for a show to run is 5. However, shows with 20 entries will run in a few minutes after filling. This is a temporary feature while the game is still in Beta. There is no limit to how many horses you can enter in a show, and again this is a temporary feature while still in Beta.

Does my horse need to be a pure breed to compete in player run shows?
Unless a show is restricted to a single breed, than any horse, even Mixed breed horses, can compete.
My Farm:

I’m out of space! How do I get more room?
From the Market section on the left, you can find Farm Building. You can buy pastures, barns, decorations and more! You can then add to your farm from the My Farm page. Additionally, you can expand the width and depth of your farm from the Edit My Farm tab. Clicking Toggle Edit Farm will allow you to arrange your farm as you wish!

HALP! I accidentally dropped 15 water buckets in my pasture and I can’t pick them up! What do I do?
Just calm down a bit for now. There is no way to remove an item from a pasture or farm view at the moment but this is high on the to do list and will be coming very soon. Watch the news page for details once this is added.

Colours:
How can I tell what color my horse is?
There is a color guide posted in the forums, though the images are slightly outdated. As a general guide, freckles around the muzzle indicates champagne; pale horses with blue eyes indicates double cream, while pale horses with dark eyes indicates double pearl. The best way to figure out what color you horse is or what genes it may be carrying is to breed it and see what the foals look like. You can also create a topic in the “What Colour Is My Horse?” forum and many other members can help you to figure it out.

Is there a way to test for colour genes in the game?
Not currently, but that is planned.

Where are all the white patterns?
While the game is still in Beta only solid colours are available, plus Roan. Soon we’ll begin adding in the white patterns.

I swear my horse was born chestnut, but now he’s a different colour!
Foal coats are wonderfully fun, but deceptive. Especially when it comes to bays and chestnuts, which look about the same at birth. Your horse will blow its coat at a year old and that will be its adult coloration. However some genes do continue to affect your horses’ coats sometimes until 20 years of age. Sooty in particular can add dark hairs over time. Silver and Flaxen can both lose their intensity as the horse ages, and Grey will gradually turn your horse white over time.

Is LWO a threat to horses in this game? How will it be handled?
There are currently no white patterns in the game, but when they are added, LWO will be a potential issue.

Are existing breeds limited to certain colors? If a horse fits all other criteria for being a certain breed, will their color prevent them from being classified as said breed?
Ancient breeds have limited color genetics, but breeds derived from them do not. A horse that fits all other criteria for a breed will still be listed as that breed. However, they may not be accepted into the breed’s registry (when those are added).

Registries: This is not yet a game-wide, in the code, admin created thing, but most breeding clubs do have their own specific registries.

Still need help?
Visit us in the Forums, we’ll be happy to assist!
NekoCookie
Visit My Farm

Post by NekoCookie »

GoldenCenter wrote: ..
You're a life saver <3 :) Thank you so much for compiling this all together!
GoldenCenter
Visit My Farm

Post by GoldenCenter »

Thank you SOOOO much, CRUNCHY IS THE BEST!
Just so you know NONE of the info put here was created by me! I found them on different peoples farms and put them all on here so I didn't have to have it on my farm page!
*Temperaments*
high Strung:
Racing
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Harness Racing

Spirited:
Pole Bending
Barrel Racing
Driven Dressage

Even:
Cutting
Hunter
Show Jumping
Reining
Cross Country
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving

Calm:
Working Ranch
Dressage
Saddle seat

Bombproof:
Log Pull
Western Pleasure
Western Trail
Endurance

Barrel Racing Agility, Speed, Strength, Balance
Cross Country Stamina, Strength, Agility, Balance
Cutting Agility, Intelligence, Strength, Speed
Dressage Movement, Balance, Tempo, Strength
Driven Dressage Movement, Balance, Strength, Tempo
Endurance Stamina, Speed, Agility, Tempo
Harness Racing Speed, Stamina, Strength, Tempo
Hunter Movement, Strength, Tempo, Balance
In-Hand Jumping Intelligence, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Log Pull Strength, Stamina, Movement, Tempo
Marathon Driving Strength, Stamina, Tempo, Intelligence
Obstacle Driving Strength, Agility, Stamina, Balance
Pole Bending Speed, Agility, Intelligence, Balance
Racing Speed, Stamina, Strength, Speed
Reining Agility, Strength, Movement, Balance
Saddleseat Balance, Agility, Movement, Intelligence
Show Jumping Balance, Strength, Agility, Speed
Sprint Racing Speed, Strength, Agility, Speed
Steeplechasing Speed, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Western Pleasure Intelligence, Balance, Movement, Tempo
Western Trail Agility, Balance, Intelligence, Stamina
Working Ranch Intelligence, Agility, Balance, Strength

Training

1. Begin Training with Arena, Walk, Longe on Flat, Max Time You can Train. (I.e. I can start a horse at 20 minutes, then I may be able to do 5 more) Continue this until you are able to start your horse on 30 minutes in the Arena at a Walk while Lunging on Flat.

2. Train on Arena at a Walk while Lunging until you are able to switch to Collection and Impulsion (+Strength, +Stamina, ++Intelligence, +Movement, 5 Difficulty) for 30 minutes at a time. Should take a few turns-ish. Continue this until you have maxed out stamina (99.8%)! This will take awhile. When you have completed the energy saver courses, you will eventually be able to get down to this only taking 5% energy every 30 minutes of work. Continue this until you no longer gain any stamina or intelligence.

3. Switch to Jumping Obstacles (++Balance, ++++Agility, ++Strength, +Speed, 9 Difficulty). This will allow you to quickly gain agility, strength, and speed! Continue with this until you no longer gain Agility. (Quick note from GoldenCenter: In this stage of training, you should only be using 5% energy for Jumping Obstacles, 30 Minutes, at a Walk, in the Arena. I earn about 20% speed each turn with this, and I have not completed a single agility course.)

4. Switch to Ground Poles (+Intelligence, +++Tempo, ++Movement, 6 Difficulty). This will allow you to finish up Movement and Tempo at the same time. Continue until you no longer gain any Movement or Tempo.

5. Switch to Lunge on Flat again. Then change the gait to gallop. Continue with this until you no longer gain any Speed.
-Sawd10 (I think)

Earning Titles
A horse can earn a title for every discipline, but only the highest title is displayed on their profile and throughout the website. This is proof that your horse really is a great competitor.
You can earn the following titles once your horse reaches the minimum points for each title. (Titles are awarded after a competition runs and must be earned in order).

Champion (Ch.) - 200 points
Grand Champion (GCh.) - 700
Master Champion (MCh.) - 1500
Master Grand Champion (MGCh.) - 3000
Supreme Champion (SCh.) - 4900
Supreme Grand Champion (SGCh.) - 7300
Supreme Master Grand Champion (SMGCh.) - 10,000

In Addition, you can earn a Triple title if your horse has their highest title in 3 events that make up a combined training group. (Example: Winning Ch. in Dressage, Show Jumping and Cross-Country would earn you the Triple Champion (TCh.) title)

A plus sign (+) following a title means the horse has two titles, and two pluses after the title means the horse has 3 or more titles.

RH at the end of the prefix indicates the horse has set a current unbroken World Record, and Rh (lowercase h) means the horse held a World Record but it has been beaten by another horse.
-Tom

Quick Start Training Courses
* The fastest way to take down the number of years it takes to complete horse training is to focus on a few key training course areas.

In what I feel to be the order of importance:

1. Energy Saver Courses:
The less energy your horse uses per turn, the more it will be able to train once its stamina is sufficiently high. When you've completed all the energy saver courses, a horse with max stamina will take only 5% energy to complete most techniques. That's a maximum of 20 thirty minute sessions of whatever per turn!

2. Stamina Training Courses:
One thing that determines how much energy a particular action will take is Stamina! In the beginning, your horse may only be able to do 10-20 minutes at a Walk in the Arena while Longing on the Flat. But if you keep at it, eventually, your horse will be able to do practically anything! And the stamina training courses will allow your stamina to go up even faster!

3. Training Techniques/Advanced Training:
These are the courses that affect all stats a little bit . The reason these are more important than any other other courses that you can do is that once you've finished the energy saver and stamina courses, these are the only other courses you can do that will continue to affect stamina! So you'll hit max stamina even faster still, and maxing stamina means minimizing energy!

4. Fast Courses Not Already Completed:
When I say fast courses, I mean any course that will take you under an hour . You may have already done some of these or you may not have. Just take an afternoon and set a course while you're making dinner or something, note the time, and come back and start another one as soon as it is finished. Just make sure if you're going to bed to start a really long course, so you're not wasting time.

5. Movement Courses:
With the way I train horses, and subsequently the training method listed, movement is the stat that ends up being the hardest to train after stamina. Hence, movement courses!

6. All Other Courses:
After everything listed has been completed, you can choose what you want to focus on. It may be a specific discipline's stats or it may be something that takes you longer than others to train. I usually just picked a couple and completed all the shorter ones, 6 hours or less during the day, and left everything else to work overnight or while I went to work/school.
Kayaine
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:32 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:32 am