Community Forum

What color is this horse? What is his phenotype?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Capybara_King
Visit My Farm

What color is this horse? What is his phenotype?

Post by Capybara_King »

I’m trying to figure out the genetic makeup of all my horses, and I want to see if anyone can figure out his phenotype. He looks kinda like a champagne but I’m not sure. Here he is:
Silver’s Conquest
KingstonDressage
Visit My Farm

Re: What color is this horse? What is his phenotype?

Post by KingstonDressage »

Capybara_King wrote:I’m trying to figure out the genetic makeup of all my horses, and I want to see if anyone can figure out his phenotype. He looks kinda like a champagne but I’m not sure. Here he is:
Silver’s Conquest
I'd say a Dark Champagne, or a Dusty-like Dun coat. You could also push for a grullo horse.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: What color is this horse? What is his phenotype?

Post by Nazarach »

Capybara_King wrote:I’m trying to figure out the genetic makeup of all my horses, and I want to see if anyone can figure out his phenotype. He looks kinda like a champagne but I’m not sure. Here he is:
Silver’s Conquest
He's definitely champagne - i'd say
1. a Silver Sooty Bay Pearl Champagne with Tiger Eye:
- Silver, the mane is kinda obvious
- Sooty, same kind as his sire seeing he shares the top-light, bottom-dark fade
- Bay Pearl, as in relation to his rather pale color with darker points; his sire can't carry cream, so to have him be this light at least one pearl is inherited from him and a second pearl (most probably - see 2.) from the dams side.
- champagne, light eyes and freckles are an indicator for champagne - the rather... grainy texture of the freckles might also indicate pearl invovement
- Tiger Eye, light eyes of a green/yellow color are an indicator for Tiger Eye - his sire definitly has both copies, his dam *at least* one (seeing as she threw a solid black, green eyed foal), which means he'd inherit one from each parent. Also, as they aren't greyish/blue he also won't carry cream instead of pearl.

2. Silver Sooty Amber Champagne with Tiger Eye
might be I'm wrong with the double pearl and he's a really pale Sooty Silver Amber Champagne though :/

Bays this dilluted aren't my forte, and his dam with her lineage doesn't make things easier I admit...-.-'
it could also be due to some hidden pangaré from the dam plus the sires sooty, which can throw a wrench in any estimation... ^^'

But, the gen codes I'd bank my money on would (most likely) be either:
1. E_ A_ prl/prl Ch/n Sty/n Z/n t/t (Silver Sooty Bay Pearl Champagne w/ Tiger Eye)
or
2. E_ A_ Ch/n Z/n t/t (Silver Sooty Amber Champagne w/ Tiger Eye)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 10:00 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:00 am