Community Forum

The Pure Breeding Farm (And a little bit of Mixed Breeds)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

The Pure Breeding Farm (And a little bit of Mixed Breeds)

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Hello! Welcome to the Pure Breeding Farm Blog. My name (which isn't real) is Eden. I have started my farm to breed a strong line of three different breeds:
- Arabians
- Turkmenes
- North African Barbs

The Arabians in my Farm:
The founding Arabians of the Arabian Line were:
Frosting:

Lemon:

They were both adopted. I didn't ever compete them as I wanted them to just start the Arabian Line, which they did.
Their first (and only) foal together was a colt named Ranger:

I am currently training him and he has competed in Hunter events. He started off bay with black points as a foal, but as he is slowly maturing, he is turning grey, just like his Dam and Sire.

Frosting then went on to have two more foals, another colt and a filly. For now, I will focus on the filly, who is a 2nd Generation Arabian, just like her half brother, Ranger. Her name is Berry:

She was sired by another pure bred Arabian (adopted) called Blizzard:
I bred Frosting and Blizzard together in the hope to get a straight grey foal, and while Berry's coat is only bay with black points at the moment, I am awaiting colour results to see if she will turn bay in the future. I am hope to breed her with Ranger to get a 3rd Generation Arabian, but this will depend on Berry's colour.

Lemon went on to have another foal, who I will talk about in the Mixed Breed section. Lemon was sold not long after having his second foal and has settled into a new home.

The Turkmenes in my Farm:
The founding Turkemenes of the Turkemene Line were:
Prince:

Olive:
Prince was such a beautiful stallion that I decided to train him in racing. While he was completing his training, I bred him to the beautiful mare, Olive. I was hoping for a black foal, and I received just that and his name was
Knight:

He and Ranger become best friend, being the only foals in the paddock. Knight was only a couple of months younger than Ranger, but still powered through his basic training. He is following his father in the path of Racing and so far, has completed well.

Olive was then sold after having Knight and so far has not had any more foals, nor has she aged much.

Prince, however, remains the star show horse of the Pure Breeding Farm, and the favourite stud. He has had two more foals, both colts, but I shall focus on the youngest one at the moment.
Comet:

Was a colt born to the beautiful mare called Jewel:

She has since been sold and renamed, and is actually up for sale again. Comet doesn't seem to take on the appearance of either his Dam or Sire, but I am waiting for colour results. These colour results will determine whether he is sold or kept (as I already have a male Turkmene) so if you are interested in buying him, keep an eye out on this page.

The North African Barbs in my Farm:
The founding North African Barbs of the North African Barb Line were:
Stormy:

Splash:

Both of them were not put into training, focusing on starting a new line instead. Their first (and only) foal together was a stunning filly called Rose:

Rose had an undercoat the colour of her father (this is visible on her nose and under her legs) and the rest of her coat is roaned like her mother. She has just completed her basic training and is competing in Cross Country, which seems like the perfect competition based on the results.

Splash was sold after having his first foal and has currently not had anymore in his new home.

Stormy however, has gone on to have 3 more foals, a colt and a filly. The filly is a 2nd Generation NAB and was sired by the stud, Morning Glory:
While Morning Glory was not a 1st Generation NAB as I would have liked, I saw him on the stud page and couldn't resist. So, he and Stormy were bred together and produced my favourite horse so far, Lily:

I am awaiting Lily's colour results, but there is so way I am selling her, which means I now have 2 female NABs, both of which I don't want to sell. I don't know when the next NAB foal will be, but I will probably breed Stormy and Morning Glory again, hopefully getting a colt!

The Suprise Akhal-Teke
So, I decided to breed Prince and Frosting together in the hope of getting an athletic foal. Little did I know that breeding a Turkmene and an Arabian can result in an Akhal Teke. So I got quite the surprise when I saw that I had an Akhal-Teke colt! Neather the less, I kept him, because I always wanted an Akhal-Teke, and names him Mars:
He is working through his basic training and I am thinking about putting him into Racing or Dressage.

The Mixed Breeds
I only have one mixed breed (I would have had 2 if Mars didn't turn out as an Akhal Teke) and his name is Pine:

He is a NAB x Arabian colt who I actually quite a pretty colour. He was sired by Lemon and Stormy. I am not sure what to do with him just yet, apart from completing his basic training. He might go well in the Cross Country like his siblings or something else, I don't know yet!

So, that is a lot of background info about the Pure Breeding Farm but I hoped you all enjoy and please watch this thread for more updates and sellings!

- Eden
Last edited by Pure_Breeding on Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
WildRaven123
Visit My Farm

Re: The Pure Breeding Farm (And a little bit of Mixed Breeds)

Post by WildRaven123 »

Hi! I love your farm and how you rescue and breed a lot of horses. I must say, Knight is a really beautiful horse. I will be checking this page again for future updates!
:mrgreen:
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

WildRaven123 wrote:Hi! I love your farm and how you rescue and breed a lot of horses. I must say, Knight is a really beautiful horse. I will be checking this page again for future updates!
:mrgreen:
OMG!!! Thank you so much! I do love Knight a lot, he looks a lot like his father too! I will try and post as regularly as I can!
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Hello everyone! This is a quick update to say that the next foal is on his/her way! I just bred these two horses together in the hope to get a male NAB:

Stormy:

Morning Glory:

I don't know if I will get a male (I really really need one!) but hopefully I will at least get a pretty foal!

- Eden
Last edited by Pure_Breeding on Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Hey everyone (again!). I know this is my second update for today, but I just wanted to let you all know that Ranger has reached 3 years old! He is now old enough to breed from and has been moved into the Mares and Stallions pasture! Such a big boy now, I still remember when he was born :cry: . Knight won't be far behind, so soon it will just be Rose and Mars in the first Gens paddock.
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Hello everyone! Eden here. I just wanted to spread the word of a thoughtful and kind person who I met on here a couple of days ago. Their account name is -besthorsebreeder- and I met them when asking about the colours of my new foals, one of them being a Turkmene. They had noticed that I bred Turkmenes and offered some of their own Turkemene studs. They had the most amazing stallions ever and I felt really privileged to be able to breed with one of them.
Thank you so much to -besthorsebreeder- again, you have really made my day!
- Eden
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Welcome to the 6th post in my farm log. This post today is going to hopefully not be a big update but there is going to be more than one thing in here that I have to talk about.
Firstly, Knight has moved out of the foal's paddock and joined his parents and Ranger. I went to go train him this morning and he was standing right next to Prince (his father) and if there weren't name tags, I probably would have no idea who was who. They were so much alike!
Some other foals that have moved paddocks are Comet and Mars, both of which who have reached the training age of 7 months. Lily has also reached the same age but unfortunately there was not enough room in the paddock for her so she is staying in her old paddock and in training. I will move her though when Rose transfers to the adults pasture.
Second of all, I have started to enter Mars in competitions because he is over 1 year old, and OMG! He has been doing amazing! Last time I checked, he had 100% in Steeplechasing and 50% in Racing.
Thirdly, I have brought a new horse from another one of my accounts. Meet Wolf!

She is such a beautiful colour and hopefully she will stay that colour, but I don't mind is she turns black as well. What sold me on her though was her eyes. Aren't they soooooo pretty?

That is all I can think of for now! Please, comment so I know what you are enjoying, if you have any questions or if there is something you think I can add/change! I love reading people's comments!

- Eden
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Good morning/afternoon/evening where ever in the world you are at the moment! I have [horse=][/horse]quite a lot to update, so prepare yourselves!

First of all, Rose has moved into the adults paddock and is close to breeding age. When she has reached 4 years old, I might think about selling the other NAB mare I have (Stormy), so keep an eye out if you are interested in buying her. You can also reply to this thread with a price you would be willing to pay and I might consider it.

On the topic of NABs, we have had a new addition to the NAB line! Meet Twisty, the 2nd Gen. filly from stud Morning Glory and my oldest NAB mare, Stormy.

She has the same patterns as her sister, Lily, and although it wasn't the colt I was looking for, I am still happy with her!
I also noticed the other day how my favourite NAB stud, Morning Glory, was slowly climbing up the years (he is about 20 years at the moment), so in the spur of the moment, I decided to breed him with my only spare mare, Cherry
I am not sure what the foal will turn out like, but they will definitely be a mix of NAB and Arabian, just like my other Mixed Breed, Pine.
Actually, talking about Pine, I have decided to put him up for sale. I have priced him at $200, which is negotiable and I would be happy to consider any offers you guys have for him. He is looking so grown up and I am sure whoever buys him won't be disappointed.

Another new foal was also born, Olympus.

He is a 2nd Gen. colt from the gifted stud MM's Night Panther

And recently adopted Turkmene mare, Coco

All of my other yearlings in training (this involves Berry, Comet and Lily) are going well. Wolf has also started her training and is turning out a pretty colour, if you want to see her, you can scroll up to the first post and see her picture.

Blizzard, my very beautiful 1st Gen Arabian stallion, is up for stud and possibly sale as well. He has turned a really pretty shade of grey and his mane is slowly turning white at the tips. I am sure he would produce lovely foals.

That is all I can think of for now! Please do comment!

- Eden
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Hello again.

So, a some stuff has happened since I last posted. Firstly, Cherry, who I bred with my favourite stud, Morning Glory, has had her foal, who was quite a surprise. I was expecting to get a mixed breed foal, but no! Instead, I got a Baladi who I called Violet:

She is actually quite a pretty colour, which is apparently a silver bay dun with greying. Who knew!

Since I put Blizzard up for stud, there have been a huge number of people who have bred with him. His foals include:

Gallivanting Clipper (who is up for sale and in foal):

A Turkish Beginning (who is also for sale):

Russel:

Parto (who is up for stud):

With Parto, he was quite a pretty colour as a foal, and still is now, so I decided to buy his mother, who was up for sale in the hope to breed her with Blizzard and get a similar colour foal.

Also, very sadly, my favourite NAB stud, Morning Glory, has passed away :cry: :cry: :cry: I am glad I got to produce some foals out of him with I still could.

That's all from me know. Please comment below!
Island_Hill
Visit My Farm

Post by Island_Hill »

Pure_Breeding wrote:...
Your NAB's are so pretty! Do you have any pinto (do not care color or variety) NABs you would sell me? I will pay high for the right one. Thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 am