Community Forum

૨σ (Rose Oak) Farm Log

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

૨σ (Rose Oak) Farm Log

Post by Rose90067 »

I have finally decided to start a farm log for my breeding line! I realized today that I have been playing for a little more that 5 years, and thought I'd might as well start one up :D

About Me:

My name is Reeve, and I am a bit of a horse enthusiast. I ride both Western and English, as well as train horses! I currently own 6 horses/ponies. My 3 horses are Conterre (Bay OTTB, 16.1hh, 19yrs), Zorro (Black mixed breed, 14.3hh, 3 yrs, rescue), and Khaleesi (Gray draft X, 15.2hh, 12 yrs, project). My 3 ponies are actually all nearly identical flaxen chestnut welshies- Lily, Nipper, and Sage.
I find horses to be inspiring, both in game and out of game. They are such majestic creatures (90% of the time, they have their moments) with so much personality.
Fun fact- a couple of days ago, the place that I live was the 2nd coldest place in the world rivaled only by ant Artica. That was not even close to the coldest it will get here either :shock:

૨σ In the past:

I started playing HWO in 2018, and was initially breeding Arabians. I eventually shifted to thoroughbreds, but spent most of the time focusing on color over stats. At this time, I rarely competed (successfully), but spent most of the time learning the ins and outs of the game. It was within the first couple days of playing that I came up with my farm name Rose Oak, with my initial branding being RO

After about a year? Maybe? I started taking an interest in training my horses and competing with them. This is when I discovered that my TB's were pretty decent at saddle seat, so I decided to change my direction into saddle seat. At this point, my branding changed to {RO}. I brought in a couple of other breeds to enhance the base for saddle seat that my TB's gave me, and ended up with some pretty cool horses.

Eventually, I gravitated bake to purebred thoroughbreds, but put more emphasis on their quality in terms of conformation and BR. This has been my main project up until a couple of days ago, and I have bred some pretty cool horses, as well as had a couple very successful color projects.

૨σ's Current projects:

As of right now, I am focusing on breeding quality Latvian Harness Horses!!!! Fun fact, I have tried at least once every year since playing to get this breed, with little to no success until 2022-11-09 when I bred one out of only 3 Latvian Harness Horses in the game! For some reason, I found this breed to be harder to get than most, despite having access to both breed necessary to breed it.
My main direction with this breed is going to be saddle seat, and perhaps some hunters.

Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ૨σ (Rose Oak) Farm Log

Post by Rose90067 »

Today, I bred a couple more purebred Latvian Harness colts + some high percentage Latvian Fillies! I've been working on getting some foals with an adjustable temperament, so that I can have more wiggle room for direction.
Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ૨σ (Rose Oak) Farm Log

Post by Rose90067 »

There are now... 30 somethin Latvian harness horses now! Here are a couple of the fully trained studs I have.
An impressive 91.3% win rate in hunters
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 3:03 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:03 am