Community Forum

Maybe

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Maybe

Post by brettdiesel »

Hi so sence i joined ive been trying to save up my pony tokens (fyi i joined oct 6 2023) so do you think that maybe you could give the opertunidy to buy a 1 month subscription for idk $400,000 and so on and so on cuz its hard for PT to be earned thnx- KatieNoelHorse/brettdiesel

My signature when im a premium :arrow: :D (come to my farm you might find a forever horse https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/view/204337)
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Maybe

Post by Silverine »

This has been brought up before. The general consensus is that it wouldn't be good for the game. Players that purchase PT are supporting the game. It is expensive to own a domain name, host a website, run game servers, and pay for data storage. HWO is one of the few games around in which you can access all but seven specific benefits (the player upgrades) without paying money. And earning PT to pay for an account upgrade or tack/decorations is easy enough with a grinder.

Apart from that, none of the premium features make or break the game. Private messages are nice, but forum communication is more than sufficient for most players. The extra game days are nice, but a good grinder will earn those back for you quickly enough. It's nice to have access to conformation scores, but there are plenty of premium players that hang out in the forums who are willing to post scores for the un-upgraded players.

On the subject of a grinder, there are plenty of players that offer trained grinders to others for a nominal fee. So even the barrier of getting a "good-enough" horse to grind with isn't really that big of a hurdle.

So, in short, I do not think it advisable to offer premium for game dollars. Gaining PT is easy enough without paying for it, and those that do pay for it help to support the upkeep of the game.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

What you could also look into, is requesting the community to purchase the PT package for you and send it to your account. This is usually done with paying a nominal in-game fee of our in-game currency to do so.

These players that do so, offer at their own discretion, so their purchases may have different values and different rules. One may value a $1 purchase as equal to 1 million in-game currency. Another may value the same purchase as a 5 million in-game currency. It's usually expected that the in-game currency is transferred first and the real-money purchased sent second.

Remember to only ask specific people (called out by name) these things only in their topic that offers this. Otherwise, you will need to keep it open to the community at-large and see if anybody is willing to give you a hand and reply.

This type of transaction is a fragile contract. Please be careful who you rely upon to make such a deal.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

BlackOak2 wrote:What you could also look into, is requesting the community to purchase the PT package for you and send it to your account. This is usually done with paying a nominal in-game fee of our in-game currency to do so.

These players that do so, offer at their own discretion, so their purchases may have different values and different rules. One may value a $1 purchase as equal to 1 million in-game currency. Another may value the same purchase as a 5 million in-game currency. It's usually expected that the in-game currency is transferred first and the real-money purchased sent second.

Remember to only ask specific people (called out by name) these things only in their topic that offers this. Otherwise, you will need to keep it open to the community at-large and see if anybody is willing to give you a hand and reply.

This type of transaction is a fragile contract. Please be careful who you rely upon to make such a deal.
Ok thnx
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

Silverine wrote:This has been brought up before. The general consensus is that it wouldn't be good for the game. Players that purchase PT are supporting the game. It is expensive to own a domain name, host a website, run game servers, and pay for data storage. HWO is one of the few games around in which you can access all but seven specific benefits (the player upgrades) without paying money. And earning PT to pay for an account upgrade or tack/decorations is easy enough with a grinder.

Apart from that, none of the premium features make or break the game. Private messages are nice, but forum communication is more than sufficient for most players. The extra game days are nice, but a good grinder will earn those back for you quickly enough. It's nice to have access to conformation scores, but there are plenty of premium players that hang out in the forums who are willing to post scores for the un-upgraded players.

On the subject of a grinder, there are plenty of players that offer trained grinders to others for a nominal fee. So even the barrier of getting a "good-enough" horse to grind with isn't really that big of a hurdle.

So, in short, I do not think it advisable to offer premium for game dollars. Gaining PT is easy enough without paying for it, and those that do pay for it help to support the upkeep of the game.
Ok thnx
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 10, 2024 11:50 am

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:50 am