Community Forum

New Breed Creation

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

New Breed Creation

Post by Rose90067 »

I just wanted to clarify something before I waste to much time on a project, if this won't work.
But anyways, I was under the impression that say I wanted to breed a Carthusian, I could either breed a horse that is [West African Barb x Sorraia] and breed it with a Mustang, but that you could also get the Carthusian from breeding two horses that are [west African Barb x sorraia x mustang], since all of the breeds are present there. In other words, in order to get the new breed does it need to be exactly how the breeds are organized in the recipes, or does that not matter as long as all breeds are present?

The project I am working on right now is my National show horse line, which is Arabian x American Saddlebred, and I am wanting to add a new trait, but I am having 0 luck with the first gen, so if I were to breed the (Arabian x American saddlebred) foals together, is there just as good of a chance at getting National show horse foals from this?
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Re: New Breed Creation

Post by Woodstock »

Rose90067 wrote:I just wanted to clarify something before I waste to much time on a project, if this won't work.
But anyways, I was under the impression that say I wanted to breed a Carthusian, I could either breed a horse that is [West African Barb x Sorraia] and breed it with a Mustang, but that you could also get the Carthusian from breeding two horses that are [west African Barb x sorraia x mustang], since all of the breeds are present there. In other words, in order to get the new breed does it need to be exactly how the breeds are organized in the recipes, or does that not matter as long as all breeds are present?

The project I am working on right now is my National show horse line, which is Arabian x American Saddlebred, and I am wanting to add a new trait, but I am having 0 luck with the first gen, so if I were to breed the (Arabian x American saddlebred) foals together, is there just as good of a chance at getting National show horse foals from this?
In short... Yes!

Breeding two "failed" attempts together is often a great way to get the new breed needed! As long as the two breeds listed in the breed creation recipe are present (and are the only 2 present) the new breed has a chance of being the result!

Hopefully this helps and if not let me know if I can explain it any better!

-Woodstock
Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Rose90067 »

Woodstock wrote:
Rose90067 wrote:I just wanted to clarify something before I waste to much time on a project, if this won't work.

In short... Yes!

Breeding two "failed" attempts together is often a great way to get the new breed needed! As long as the two breeds listed in the breed creation recipe are present (and are the only 2 present) the new breed has a chance of being the result!

-Woodstock
Thank you so much! I finally got a couple of what I was hoping for from the first generation, but only one gender and I need both, so this helps a lot :D
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

Rose90067 wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
In short... Yes!

-Woodstock
Thank you so much! I finally got a couple of what I was hoping for from the first generation, but only one gender and I need both, so this helps a lot :D
You're welcome!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 2:40 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:40 am