Community Forum

Sooty Dapple Studs

Post your stallions available for stud, or stallions you are looking for.
Forum rules
Make sure to include a descriptive subject so other players know quickly which threads to have a look at.
CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm

Sooty Dapple Studs

Post by CarouselCowgirl »

As long as I am working on my sooty dapple project, I will try to always have some sooty dapple studs.

Currently, I am standing 5, though one will soon retire

Forest Horses
₡ Different Color

₡ Bring The Gold

₡ Twist

Turkmene

₡ Beats

₡ Jungle

My notes to others interested in breeding sooty dapples:
It is difficult.
Don't expect to get a sooty dapple on your first breeding to my studs. Your foal will need to inherit the sooty master switch, a decent amount of sooty, and the sooty dapple master switch in order to get dapples. In addition, how well you can see the dapples depends on how dark your horse's sooty is, and there is a sooty progression gene which could make your dapples show up fast, or pretty slow. And I think there is even some kind of really dark sooty that can cover or at least make it really hard to see dapples. For example, the first FH stud listed, Different Color his sooty mark going over his shoulders appears to cover up some of the dapples. Another example, the second stud, has extremely light dappling.
It likely will take a couple close together crosses to sooty dappled horses to get dapples. For a while I rehomed more foals than I kept.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 11:25 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:25 pm